The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Video Review (A.K.A. Final Sentinels Week Video posted... 2 weeks later.)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester
Sentinels Video Review (A.K.A. Final Sentinels Week Video posted... 2 weeks later.)

The Penultimate video of my first season of reviews is my most favorite game. Sentinels of the Multiverse! (video: http://t.co/H0urIfs4AB )

I have spent a great amount of time making content to express my love for this game and its message, or rather the message I glean from it. Not all of it has been great, see my Sinister Sentinels Series. However, my only ambition has been to get more people interested in this magnificent game and talking about it. And to that end, I have been successful. 

Please share this video with those who are unfamiliar with this game we love. It is a simple explanation and overview of the product with opinions to help consumers decide if this game is for their shelf. This video is not a detailed synopsis and analysis of the inner workings of the lore/mythos/mechanics/design of the game. 

Anyway, enjoy and thanks for watching.

"It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick..."

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Personally, I really enjoy your enthusiasm in these videos.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Good as always.  I hope your kickstarter pans out then.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

Donner wrote:

Personally, I really enjoy your enthusiasm in these videos.

Thanks! We aims to please.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

One ouch found.

End of turn effects are not resolved in order of player choice.  Start and End of turn effects are resolved in the order the cards entered play.

It is nice to see these mistakes in your videos because 90% of the time when I play a game I do something wrong.

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

One ouch found.End of turn effects are not resolved in order of player choice.  Start and End of turn effects are resolved in the order the cards entered play.It is nice to see these mistakes in your videos because 90% of the time when I play a game I do something wrong.

Scott "Tox" Morris and I were talking about that. He accused Christopher of the same misstep. I blame the amazingly engaging nature of the game. I'm just a overwhelmed by the onslaught of awesome that I overlook a simple rule or math operation.

I also have a very laid back attitude about games. You bought it, you play it the way you want. If that's by the book, go for it. If that's with home brews and variants, have a blast. 

We usually kangaroo court what card would trigger first; "Baron Blade would hit first he's mad at Legacy for Thoking him."