The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Side by Side: Dark Watch Duo Vs. Mad Bomber Blade in the Temple of Zhu Long Game Recap

1 post / 0 new
Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester
Sentinels Side by Side: Dark Watch Duo Vs. Mad Bomber Blade in the Temple of Zhu Long Game Recap

Wanting to use the Oversized Villain cards which just arrived and use a new environment, I set up a solo scenario to play. Using a BGG 2-player variant forSentinels of the Multiverse (found here:https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/872326/my-journey-find-best-rules-2-players-game/page/1), Mr. Fixer and his Dark Watch partner Setback pursued Baron Blade to the legendary Temple of Zhu Long. Blade sought the mystical temple to use its rumored Pools of Revival. 

The fighting was tense. Baron Blade was ready for the duo with his bombs, but Mr. Fixer hit him back with well placed blows, assisted by the lucky shots of Setback. Then, the Master of the Temple transformed into the True Form of Zhu Long. Between that dragon tearing Fixer up and the multiple Poisoners throwing their darts, Mr. Fixer went down. All was not lost. 

Setback made a mad dash with Fixer's body and threw his inert form into the Pool of Revival. Fixer rose again, only to see Setback take what would have been a mortal blow. However, some power from inside Setback helped him recover; perhaps it was the formulas Blade himself pumped into Setback in his many experiments. Setback was back up. 

In shock at the recent turn of events, Blade was downed by one of the Shinobi Assassins who guard the Temple. The heroes won, and escaped the Temple with their lives, barely.

This was a really fun game to play, and I loved the story that played out on the table.