The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Shattered Storyline Saga Episode 9, Dinosaurs Pirates and robots, Oh My! Game on!

127 posts / 0 new
Last post
cmschex
Playtester

Omnitron-X

HP: 13

Hand: Defensive Blast, Disruptive Flechettes, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Tecnological Advancement, Reactive Plating Subroutine

In Play:  Bioengineering Beam, Ablative Coating, Reactive Plating Subroutine, ElectroDeployment Unit

Trash:  Focused Plasma Cannon, Disruptive Flechettes, Reset, Electro Deployment Unit,Slip Through Time ,Innervation Ray, Temporal Shielding (under La Capitan)

Addittional Effects: Reduce Melee, Projectile and Toxic damage to Omnitron-X by 2. Chrono Ranger reveals top card of his deck, puts it into play or discards it

Start of Turn: Play Technological Advancement, bring out Elemental Exochassis, return Ablative Coating to hand, draw Reset

Play: Reset. Draw Ablative Coating. Play Defensive Blast

Power: Defensive Blast - discard Ablative Coating to deal 3 fire, 3 lightning, 3 cold, 3 energy to Trueshot (dead).  Deal 3 fire (last card), 3 cold (redirect to Omni, who takes 1 cold, then hits La Cap with 4 cold -71), 3 lightning (68) and 3 energy (65) to La Cap

Draw: Slip Through Time

End of Turn:

HP: 12

Hand: Slip Through Time, Disruptive Flechettes, Ablative Coating, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Reactive Plating Subroutine

In Play:  Bioengineering Beam, Elemental Exochassis, Reactive Plating Subroutine, ElectroDeployment Unit, Defensive Blast

Trash:  Reset, Ablative Coating

Addittional Effects: Reduce Fire, Cold, Lightning and Energy damage to Omnitron-X by 2. 

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

We need to be very careful this round, so that we don't end up redirecting damage to ourselves over and over again.

I'd recommend that O-X plays Disruptive Flechettes, that way we can be rid of Captain's Orders and take that last card out from under her, though that means that no one else should be dealing La Capitan damage this round, unless they're doing multiple instances (C-R, you're on deck here, especially considering that O-X and Bunker both have DR against your 1-damage plinks..)

However, we should be able to lock down both decks this round with Take Down and Adhesive Foam Grenade, which will be pretty epic and set us up well for when she flips back to her front side!

[Edit--Nevermind!  That worked really well, O-X!  Let's the rest of us be careful, though and not take unnecessary damage from each other!)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'd like to play Arcane Cadence, but I think getting rid of this ongoing that will kill CR might be more pressing.

Argent Adept

Hand: Instrumental Conjuration, Polyphoric Flare, Sarabande of Destruction, Arcane Cadence

Play: Eydisar's Horn, Rhapsody of Vigor

Trash: Vernal Sonata, Rhapsody of Vigor

Under La Capitan:

Effects:

==========================================================

Start:

Play: Sarabande of Destruction

Power: Vocalize - Perform Sarabande of Destruction - destroy Captain's Orders

Draw: Arcane Cadence

End:

Hand: Instrumental Conjuration, Polyphoric Flare, Arcane Cadence (2)

Play: Eydisar's Horn, Rhapsody of Vigor, Sarabande of Destruction

Under La Capitan:

Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

Remember, she only redirects once per round, so you should all be safe to pound on her

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

"No more minions, no more ship, no more distractions.  This ends now, Captain Obvious."  With Pauline's legendary senses, Maria Helena's laughable attempts at stealth are like a toddler banging pots and pans together to the young heroine.  She opens fire with her atomic eyes, firing two wide-angle beams which vaporize plant-matter in a 20-foot radius around La Capitan, whose futuristic devices protect her from disintegration, but significantly deplete their power reserves in the process.

Young Legacy

HP: 12 (including Vernal Sonata)

Hand: Surge of Strength, Bolster Allies, Lead from the Front, Danger Sense, Take Down

In Play:  Inspiring Presence, Danger Sense, Superhuman Durability, Motivational Charge

Trash:  Bolster Allies

Under La Capitan:  Nothing.

Addittional Effects:

Start of Turn: 

Play:  Take Down

Power:  Atomic Gaze5 damage to La Capitan [60].

Draw:  Next Evolution.

End of Turn:  Legs takes 3 exhaustion damage from firing that megablast at La Capitan, and blames her for it.

HP: 11

Hand: Surge of Strength, Bolster Allies, Lead from the Front, Danger Sense, Next Evolution.

In Play:  Inspiring Presence, Danger Sense, Superhuman Durability, Motivational Charge, Take Down.

Trash:  Bolster Allies

Addittional Effects:  Each hero is Inspired.  Legs is immune to the environment.  Any damage instance of 5+ targeting Legs is reduced by 3.  La Capitan cannot play cards.

Was tempted to go with Surge of Strength instead for fluff reasons, but I'll be a teamster and not risk a Temporal Thief delaying our victory.  The flavor still works this way, I think.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

cmschex
Playtester

Your damage is plus 2 right now, FYI

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Check your start-of-turn and end-of-turn hand/play/trash listings, Envisioner. They're pretty wonky*.

*highly technical term for "incorrect"

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Oh right, Obsidian Field.  Cappy's damage to me is also +1.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

cmschex
Playtester

Bump back to page 1 for CR

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 4

Hand: Bounty Board x2, Eye on the Prize

In Play: Jim's Hat, Compounded Bow, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

Trash:  Displaced Armory x2, Ranger's Mark, No Executions, Terrible Tech-Strike, The Whole Gang, Danny-Boy

Additional Effects: CR may play an extra card during his play phase.

Increase damage dealt by CR by 1.

Start of Turn: 

Play:  Eye on the Prize deals 3 damage to Cap [57], draw By Any Means, play By Any Means on La Capitan.

Power:  Use the Compounded Bow on La Capitan, dealing 4 projectile and 4 PAIN damage [49].

Draw: The Ultimate Target

End of Turn:

HP: 4

Hand: Bounty Board x2, The Ultimate Target

In Play: Jim's Hat, Compounded Bow, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, By Any Means [Cap]

Trash:  Displaced Armory x2, Ranger's Mark, No Executions, Terrible Tech-Strike, The Whole Gang, Danny-Boy, Eye on the Prize

Additional Effects:  CR may play an extra card during his play phase.

Increase damage dealt to La Capitan by 1.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

grysqrl wrote:

Check your start-of-turn and end-of-turn hand/play/trash listings, Envisioner. They're pretty wonky*. *highly technical term for "incorrect"

Fixed.  I'm very sad I didn't draw a Legacy Ring.

PlatinumWarlock

Okay, lady.  Now's the time when you surrender, before we make a mess all over your nice ship...

Bunker:  Engine of War

HP: 11

Hand: Recharge Mode; Adhesive Foam Grenade (x2); Flak Cannon

In Play:  Grenade Launcher; Maintainance Unit; Heavy Plating

Trash:  Upgrade Mode ; External Combustion (x2--one under La Capitan); Decommisioned Hardware

Additional Effects:

Start of Turn: 

Play:  Adhesive Foam Grenade.  Environment Cards cannot be played this round.

Power:  Grenade Launcher:  I deal net 5 projectile damage to La Capitan [44] (2 + Inspring Prescence, + Obsidian Fields + By Any Means = 5).

Draw:  Ammo Drop

End of Turn:

HP: 11

Hand: Recharge Mode; Adhesive Foam Grenade; Flak Cannon; Ammo Drop

In Play:  Grenade Launcher; Maintainance Unit; Heavy Plating

Trash:  External Combustion (x2--one under La Capitan), Upgrade Mode; Decommissioned Hardware; Adhesive Foam Grenade

Additional Effects:  Damage dealt to Bunker EoW is reduced by 1. Environment Cards cannot be played until the start of my next turn.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Well, now I just need to search through the deck for an Environment card that will kill Ranger, destroy Take Down and destroy a bunch of cards so La Capitan can still pull this off.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

And do all that without playing an environment card :P

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

INSULA PRIMALIS

Look some birds, I bet those trees are really old.

Keep moving folks, if you want some time at the gift shop we are running out of time.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

La Capitan:

HP:  44

La Capitan flips out, screaming at her crew, but none appear.

She turns and fires a shot at Omnitron-X for 5 projectile.(8)

I will have your Robot, or destroy it!"

cmschex
Playtester

Oh sad, no more EDU.

Omnitron-X

HP: 8

Hand: Slip Through Time, Disruptive Flechettes, Ablative Coating, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Reactive Plating Subroutine

In Play:  Bioengineering Beam, Elemental Exochassis, Reactive Plating Subroutine, ElectroDeployment Unit, Defensive Blast

Trash:  Reset, Ablative Coating, Electro Deployment Unit

Addittional Effects: Reduce Fire, Cold, Lightning and Energy damage to Omnitron-X by 2. 

Start of Turn: 

Play: Slip Through Time

Power: Timeshift Chrono Ranger

Draw: Innervation Ray

End of Turn: Play Disruptive Flechettes, dealing 5 projectile damage to La Cap (39). Use Defensive Blast, discard Ablative Coating, dealing 4 fire, 4 cold, 4 lightning and 4 energy to La Cap (23)

HP: 8

Hand: Gaussian Coil Blaster, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Innervation Ray

In Play:  Bioengineering Beam, Elemental Exochassis, Reactive Plating Subroutine, , Defensive Blast, Slip Through Time

Trash:  Reset, Ablative Coatingx2, ElectroDeployment Unit, Disruptive Flechettes

Addittional Effects: Reduce Fire, Cold, Lightning and Energy damage to Omnitron-X by 2. Chrono Ranger reveals the top card of his deck and puts it into play or trash

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Argent Adept

Hand: Instrumental Conjuration, Polyphoric Flare, Arcane Cadence (2)

Play: Eydisar's Horn, Rhapsody of Vigor, Sarabande of Destruction

Under La Capitan:

Effects:

Start:

Play: Arcane Cadence - Akpunku's Drum (bottom), Instrumental Conjuration (hand), Polyphoric Flare (trash), Vernal Sonata (top), Arcane Cadence (play)

Play: Arcane Cadence - Vernal Sonata (top), Vernal Sonata (bottom), Inventive Preparation (trash), Syncopated Onslaught (hand), Scherzo of Frost and Flame (play)

Power: Vocalize - Perform Scherzo of Frost and Flame - deal 4 cold damage and 4 fire damage to La Capitan [15]

Draw: Vernal Sonata

End:

Hand: Instrumental Conjuration (2), Polyphoric Flare, Arcane Cadence, Vernal Sonata, Syncopated Onslaught

Play: Eydisar's Horn, Rhapsody of Vigor, Sarabande of Destruction, Scherzo of Frost and Flame

Trash: Vernal Sonata, Rhapsody of Vigor, Arcane Cadence (2), Syncopated Onslaught, Counterpoint Bulwark, Inventive Preparation

Under La Capitan:

Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

So...awkward, but I guess we can play out Legacy's turn.  Anyone object to playing Surge of Strength and burning LC for 7 (8)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah...I'm good with that. We should be able to take her out before the end of the round.

PlatinumWarlock

Bunker deals 5 on his turn.  The question--silly that it might be--is can CR deal a net 3 damage on his turn?

I think, yes.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

cmschex wrote:

So...awkward, but I guess we can play out Legacy's turn. 

Yeah, sorry about that, folks. Thanks for putting up with this...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Hey, sad things happen.  He had a lot of chances, and seemed to be doing really well for a while, it is sad that went downhill.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I was of the mind that it'd happen eventually, to be honest. It seemed only a matter of time. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Timeshift pops out Dead or Alive, Chrono plays The Ultimate Target on Cap then Bows her for 10. Le game :D

-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock

Victory!  Well played, gang!

Pages