The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Shattered Storyline Saga Episode 8, Paris when it Sizzles: final text up

85 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester
Sentinels Shattered Storyline Saga Episode 8, Paris when it Sizzles: final text up

Allied Command was scurrying.  Intelligence reports being analyzed, maps being updated, everyone trying to find a way to get a small team into Paris as fast as possible.

There were other things going on of course.  The push the coast was going slowly, but not badly, and reports of soviet activity were being carefully monitored.

When Command requested that instead of a “wild goose chase” into enemy territory his efforts might be better spent investigating reports of a mysterious fleet of Zeppelins heading East from Southern Russia, Legacy politely replied that the entire future of the world rested on this mission into France, and besides Zeppelins vs. the new fighters, they were of minimal threat.

It was now July 7th.  Omnitron’s History had Blade first spotted in Paris on the 8th.  By the 11th he would be gone, and they would have a very hard time preventing him from damaging the timelines after that.  The best plans they could come up with had them in Paris on the 9th, but with only a 60% chance of success.

“It’s the best chance we have team, I know we’ve only known each other a short time, but you’ve all shown you can handle yourselves, and we all share the same goal:  Preventing this madman from changing the results of this war and wrecking your world.”  Legacy was just getting warmed up, when a blonde woman approached, MP’s on either side of her.

“Hello there gramps, I’m sorry to do this but I’ll be taking over this mission.”  Paul looked at her, she looked familiar, her face was hard, but honest, looked a bit like the photos of his mother when she was younger.

“I’m sorry miss, but I don’t know. . .”

“Gentlemen, I need to speak with Mr. Parsons here for a minute, if you could give us some privacy.”

Everyone obeyed.  Whoever this lady was she had an aura of authority about her.  Anthony liked her immediately, he couldn’t state why, but he trusted her.  He was pretty sure she knew what she was doing too.  It seemed that she had the same effect on Legacy, that man towered over everyone else, but this lady, she was more than his match, he watched the two, he couldn’t imagine Legacy standing down from this mission, not now, not when he was . .  hugging her?  “What?” he spoke out loud.

The others looked, Legacy saluted the young woman, with tears in his eyes, then turned and walked the other way.  The woman turned and walked towards them, drying some tears from her own eyes.

“Lieutenant, you have orders to accompany Mr. Parsons, he will need your assistance.” she had tear stains on her face, but her voice was nothing but confidence and authority.

“Wait a minute,” Jim Brooks interjected, “Just who are you?”

The lady unfastened her coat, underneath she was wearing a white shirt and skirt, with a lantern in the middle, a very familiar lantern.

“You can call me Legacy.”

EPISODE 8:

Number of Heroes:  3-5

Available Heroes:  Argent Adept, Bunker Engine of War, Chrono Ranger, Omnitron-X, Young Legacy

Villain:  Mad Bomber Blade Advanced

Environment:  Rook City

No special rules, Just Baron Blade at last. Time to shine up your boots and kick some ass.

As always first come, first served.

Heroes in order:

Young Legacy:  cmschex

Argent Adept:  grysqrl

Chrono-Ranger:  dpt

Omnitron-X:  BlueHairedMeerkat

Bunker EOW:  PlatinumWarlock

cmschex
Playtester

Baby Legacy for me

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'll take Argent.

Opening Hand: Xu's Bell, Alacritous Subdominant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Scherzo of Frost and Flame

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I'll take Chrono-Ranger. Initial hand: Jim's Hat, Displaced Armory (x2), The Masadah.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Omnitrunks, please.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Chalk me up for Bunker EOW.

Card Draws:  Flak Cannon, Grenade Launcher (x2); Turret Mode 

(This might be a kind of boring game for me... ;) )

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Her Story was crazy, almost unbelievable.  She was Paul Parson's Daughter; yet only Stephen Graves knew of her.  "The girl who died," is what he called her.  In her time her father disappearred, he went off to fight Baron Blade and never returned.  After several years of searching she rebuilt the Freedom 4, but with a secret agenda.  She was going to find her father.

Find him she did.  Scattered throughout time and space, diferent versions, different fates.  She fought Legacy the tyrant, tore through prisons and secure laboratories to find corpses and broken shells of the once great hero, but not one of them was her father.  Not one.

Then she found Atlantis, and a small band of old superheroes struggling to survive, trapped beneath the ocean by an explosion of temporal and mystical energy.  She didn't find her father there, but she found a friend, an old woman who knew her, and knew what had happened to her father.  Most importantly, she found out how to save him.

Now, 15 years after his disappearance they were landing in Paris, and her chance was at hand.  Anthony was nervous, as much as he believed Pauline Parsons was up to the task ahead of her he had doubts about the rest.  The Robot and the cowboy kept to themselves, and Graves, that man was just scary.  He was at his best when he was with people he knew, ones he could easily help achieve their best.  He would have to learn fast.

"How do you know we are walking into a trap?"  Graves asked Legacy.

"It's too easy, when Blade covers his tracks no one finds him, that he was recorded being here so consistently throughout the timelines makes it pretty obvious he wants us to find him here."

"Then why did we send gramps and the armored guy away?" Jim asked, as the conversation drew everyone's attention.

"Because that's who the trap is for." Legacy noticed she had everyones attention and turned to face them, sitting up in her chair.

"Baron Blade doesn't have the knowledge we do, he is hedging his bet on destroying my Grandfather by also trying to draw him away from the War Zepelins of Fyodor Ramonat.  If My Grandfather is in Paris, he isn't stopping Ramonat's fleet, and even if Blade failed his father would succeed."

"That's where we come in," Anthony got up and moved toward the window, "we don't belong here, even if we die there's still a chance your Grandpa sets things right."

She stood up, her face as serious as he had ever seen.  "You're here because you know what is at stake.  No one from this world has any clue what the future holds if Blade wins.  You are here to right a multitude of wrongs, you are here to kill Ivan Ramonat."

. . .

Paris was crazy.  They moved quickly, trying to avoid drawing attention to themselves, moving into the old industrial sector, looking for the boarding house Blade stayed at.

They turned the corner and saw him.  He laughed.

ROUND 1

Baron Blade

HP:  30

In Play:

Trash:

Under Card:  0

-------------------------

Start of Turn:  Baron Blade deals each hero target 0 Fire Damage, and 1 "Ronway" fire damage to Legacy.

Play a Card:  Powered Remote Turret (under Card), Living Force Field.

End of Turn:  Move top 3 cards under Baron Blade.

HP:  30

In Play:  Living Force Field

Trash:

Under Card:  4

Effects:

Start:  Deal each non-villain target X fire damage where X is the number of cards under Baron Blade's Character Card. (currently 4)

End:  move the top 3 cards of the villain deck under Baron Blade.

Static:  Reduce all Damage dealt to Baron Blade by 1.

Hero Status:

Young Legacy:  29

Argent Adept:  24

Chrono-Ranger:  28

Omnitron-X:  25

Bunker EOW:  27

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Psst, the nemesis rule wasn't applied.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

Also the advanced mode wasn't used.  I thought this would be advanced.

Is anyone even running this game?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

phantaskippy wrote:

Ronway wrote:

Also the advanced mode wasn't used.  I thought this would be advanced.Is anyone even running this game?

Curses! I wanted to point that out after the nemesis rule was fixed!

cmschex
Playtester

Young Legacy

HP:  29

Hand: Backfist Strike, Next Evolution, Motivational Charge, Bolster Allies

In Play:

Trash:

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Backfist Strike the Baron for 4 melee (26)

Use a Power: Atomic Glare BB for 3 damage (23)

Draw a Card: "Thokk"

End of Turn: 

HP:  29

Hand: "Thokk", Next Evolution, Motivational Charge, Bolster Allies

In Play:

Trash:  Backfist Strike

Additional Effects:

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Argent Adept

HP: 24

Hand: Xu's Bell, Alacritous Subdominant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Scherzo of Frost and Flame

In Play:

Trash:

Effects:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start:

Play: Alacritous Subdominant

Power: Vocalize - Perform Alacritous Subdominant: Bunker can play a card

Draw: Rhapsody of Vigor

End:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 24

Hand: Xu's Bell, Rhapsody of Vigor (2), Scherzo of Frost and Flame

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant

Trash:

Effects:

PlatinumWarlock

Bunker throws down a Flak Cannon.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Legacy, I think you forgot BB's Living Force Field; he should be at 25. You'd think I'd remember the Nemesis rule after that interchange...

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 28

Hand: Jim's Hat, Displaced Armory (x2), The Masadah

In play:

Trash:

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Jim's Hat.
Displaced Armory. Search deck for Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower and put it in play. Deal Baron Blade net 0 projectile damage (23).

Use a power: Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower. Deal net 0 toxic damage to Baron Blade (23). Damage dealt by Baron Blade is reduced by 1 until the start of my next turn.

Draw a card: "The Ultimate Target"

End of hero turn:

HP: 28

Hand: Displaced Armory, The Masadah, "The Ultimate Target"

In play: Jim's Hat, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

Trash: Displaced Armory

Additional effects: Damage dealt by Baron Blade is reduced by 1 until the start of my next turn.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Omnitron-X

HP:  25

Hand: Technological Advancement, Singularity, Reset, Bio-Engineering Beam

In Play:

Trash:

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Technological Advancement; put an Elemental Exochassis into play, draw Ablative Coating.

Use a Power: Timeshift self; Focused Plasma Cannon enters play.

Draw a Card: Ablative Coating

End of Turn: 

HP:  25

Hand: Ablative Coating x2, Singularity, Reset, Bio-Engineering Beam

In Play: Elemental Exochassis, Focused Plasma Cannon

Trash:  Technological Singularity

Additional Effects: Reduce fire, lightning, cold and energy damage dealt to Omnitron-X by 2.

-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock

I'd really prefer to hang onto my Turret Mode for the time being, as I'm going to be able to play it next round and dish out some pain pretty quickly, particularly considering that we have 4 of 5 teammates who can get rid of ongoings.

Adept, I'd really appreciate an extra Play on your turn, so I can throw down Ammo Drop before my next turn comes up.

Bunker: Engine of War

HP:  27

Hand: Grenade Launcher (x2), Turret Mode

In Play:  Flak Cannon

Trash:

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Grenade Launcher

Use a Power: Flak Cannon--Mad Bomber Blade takes net 2 projectile damage [21].

Draw a Card: Ammo Drop

End of Turn: 

HP:  27

Hand: Grenade Launcher, Turret Mode, Ammo Drop

In Play: Flak Cannon, Grenade Launcher

Trash:  n/a

Additional Effects: 

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Umm, Bunker, could you maybe take out the Living Force Field? It really hurts my damage. I guess I can take it out myself next turn with a Temporal Grenade, but that happens at the very end of my turn.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Pardon me for kibbitzing, but if Rook City is standing in for war-torn Paris, perhaps Toxic Sludge should be reskinned to deal Fire or Projectile damage?

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Baron Blade ducks back behind the buildings, trying to keep distance between him and his attackers.

"Be careful team, but keep on him,"  Legacy called.

Anthony could see the people around, most were getting out of the way, ducking into alleys or shadows, but some. . . some were watching them intently.

"I don't like walking into traps," Anthony said, "I like running through them even less."

ROOK CITY

In Play:

Trash:

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Blighted Streets

End of Turn:

In Play:  Blighted Streets

Trash:

Effects:

Static:  Increase damage dealt to Hero Targets by 1.

Other:  If a hero deals no damage on their turn, at the end of their turn they maydiscard 2 cards to destroy Blighted Streets.

When Blighted Streets is destroyed, play the top card of the villain deck.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

ROUND 2

Baron Blade

HP:  21

In Play:  Living Force Field

Trash:

Under Card:  4

Start of Turn:  Baron Blade deals each hero target 4(4-1+1) Fire Damage 2(4-2) to Omnitron-X, and 1 "Ronway" fire damage to Legacy.

Play a Card:  Backlash Field

End of Turn:  Move top 3 cards under Baron Blade.

In Play:  Living Force Field, Backlash Field

Trash:

Under Card:  7

Effects:

Start:  Deal each non-villain target X fire damage where X is the number of cards under Baron Blade's Character Card. (currently 7)

End:  move the top 3 cards of the villain deck under Baron Blade.

Static:  Reduce all Damage dealt to Baron Blade by 1.

Other:  The first time Baron Blade is dealt damage by a target each turn Baron Blade deals that target 3 Lightning Damage.

*:  On flip Blade destroys X Hero ongoing or equip cards (X=number of cards under his card)

Hero Status:

Young Legacy:  24

Argent Adept:  20

Chrono-Ranger:  24

Omnitron-X:  23

Bunker EOW:  23

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Envisioner wrote:

Pardon me for kibbitzing, but if Rook City is standing in for war-torn Paris, perhaps Toxic Sludge should be reskinned to deal Fire or Projectile damage?

It most assuredly is.  I was going to make a custom deck of cards from different environments, but I ended up just wanting lots of Rook City in it.  Nothing says "You just walked into a death trap" like Rook City.  I am not going to change any of the card effects, just give them different setting and implication.

cmschex
Playtester

"We don't have time to deal with his distractions"  Felicia shouted as the lightning struck her.  "We have to take him out before he blows up everything!"

Young Legacy

HP:  24

Hand: "Thokk", Next Evolution, Motivational Charge, Bolster Allies

In Play:

Trash:  Backfist Strike

Additional Effects:

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  "Thokk" BB for 3 net damage (18), draw "Thokk", take 4 Lightning damge from Backlash Field (20)

Use a Power: Atomic Glare BB for 3 damage (15)

Draw a Card: Inspiring Presence

End of Turn: 

HP:  20

Hand: "Thokk", Next Evolution, Motivational Charge, Bolster Allies, Inspiring Presence

In Play:

Trash:  Backfist Strike, "Thokk"

Additional Effects:

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Argent Adept

HP: 20

Hand: Xu's Bell, Rhapsody of Vigor (2), Scherzo of Frost and Flame

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant

Trash:

Effects:

Start:

Play: Rhapsody of Vigor

Power: Vocalize - Perform Alacritous Subdominant: Bunker can play a card

Draw: Instrumental Conjuration

End: Discard Xu's Bell and Scherzo of Frost and Flame to destroy Blighted Streets - a villain card gets played.

HP: 20

Hand: Rhapsody of Vigor, Instrumental Conjuration

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant, Rhapsody of Vigor

Trash: Xu's Bell and Scherzo of Frost and Flame

Effects: Bunker can play a card

PlatinumWarlock

Bunker plays Ammo Drop.

For the record, I'm all for you destroying the Blighted Streets.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'll do it. +1 to all of his damage (including revenge damage) will be worse than one more card in his stack. Editing above.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Let's hope the card play isn't too bad... If all goes well, I'll be able to hit Baron Blade repeatedly with the Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Oh man.

Baron Blade plays

Powered Remote Turret (under)

Elemental Redistributor (under)

Mobile Defense Platform (under)

Hasten Doom

1(2-1) Toxic to all hero targets +1 "Ronway" Toxic damage to Legacy.

Devious Disruption.

So, who wants to destroy cards?

I believe there are 9 in play right now.

cmschex
Playtester

Even with the Forcefield, I can drop Inspiring Presence next turn to negate his damage reduction if we prioritize Backlash Feild for destruction

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ouch. That didn't go so well. I'll destroy both of AA's cards.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

If I can keep the Darts, then I can drop Ultimate Target on him and hit him each time he does retaliation damage. That will rapidly make the Backlash Field irrelevant, and I believe would likely flip him this round.

PlatinumWarlock

I'll gladly drop Grenade Launcher, but would like to try to keep my Flak Cannon and Ammo Drop.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think one priority is to figure out how much we need to keep to flip him this round. Everything else will be destroyed in the flip. Ammo Drop does indeed seem to be a key card to keep, as it helps us after the flip; I'm less certain about the Flak Cannon.

If I keep Jim's Hat, then I can do 4 damage on my turn (destroying the Living Force Field), and 2 damage on each of Omnitron-X and Bunker's turns, assuming they do some damage to BB. (This is playing Ultimate Target, then Displaced Armory for a Temporal Grenade, then using the Temporal Grenade and another power.) Without the Hat, I do only 1 damage on my turn and 1 damage on O-X and Bunker's turns.

Either way, if I keep the Darts I reduce the damage he deals in retaliation.

PlatinumWarlock

Can we just suck up the full 9 points and gun him down this round? His next side will be a cakewalk if we stay set up...
I'm seeing a minimum of 2 on OX's side and, if I leave everything in play, another 5 from Bunker. That's not counting anything from C-R during those turns.

PlatinumWarlock

It occurs to me that 8 (CR) + 5 (BEOW) + 2 (OX) = 15. Guess how many HP Blade has on this side....

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Baron Blade chuckled as the heroes made plans, they did not know that when his heart rate reached 0 his bombs would go off, destroying X hero Ongoing and Equipment card, where X was the number of devices and minions he had been able to 'capture' under him... and then he would be revived ready to destroy the heroes once more.

(When he flips, he destroys stuff, you wont be as set up as you think)

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

If you're sure that you can flip him this turn, then I won't destroy my cards. Don't forget that he's actually going to deal us each 12 damage (9+3) and this will destroy OX's component, so we can't count on that 2 damage.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yes, I would plan well what you are doing, because any unnecessary card you keep will cost you all 1 hp and be destroyed anyway.  You are currently looking at 10 cards destroyed on flip, so if you play 2 more cards you can protect 1.

PlatinumWarlock

While I forgot that OX's equipment will go boom, I'll also get a net +2 damage if C-R destroys the Force Field.  That'll make up the difference and still get him to flip this turn.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

If we destroy AA's two cards, O-X's Focused Plasma Cannon (which will be destroyed anyway), and the Grenade Launcher, we're left with 5 cards (two from Chrono-Ranger, one from O-X, and two from Bunker). I can do 4 damage on my turn (taking out the Living Force Field); O-X can use Singularity to blow up (say) the Elemental Exochasis, Jim's Hat, and the Darts for 3 more damage, which lets me do 2 more; and then Bunker can put down Turret Mode, do 4 damage with the Flak Cannon to let me do 2 more, flipping the Baron. I guess Bunker would unfortunately not get an extra power use at that point to take out the Backlash Field.

O-X also gets a Timeshift, which might or might not help out.

Does that sound reasonable?

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Sounds good to me.

-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock

Sounds like a plan!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

OK, I'll go ahead and post my turn on the assumption that we blow up 4 cards: AA's two songs, O-X's Plasma Cannon, and Bunker's Grenade Launcher. (I'm least sure about destroying that last one.) That would mean we take 5+3=8 lightning damage (9 to Legacy, 6 to O-X).

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 16

Hand: Displaced Armory, The Masadah, "The Ultimate Target"

In play: Jim's Hat, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

Trash: Displaced Armory

Start of hero turn: Neuro-Toxin expires.

Play a card: "The Ultimate Target" on Baron Blade. Chrono-Ranger deals +1 damage to Baron Blade, and the first time Baron Blade deals damage each turn Chrono-Ranger may use a power.
Displaced Armory. Search deck for Temporal Grenade and put it in play. Deal net 1 projectile damage to Baron Blade (14). Baron Blade deals Chrono-Ranger 3 lightning damage (13). Use Temporal Grenade: Deal 1 projectile damage to Baron Blade (13). Destroy Living Force Field. Destroy Temporal Grenade.

Use a power: Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower. Deal net 2 toxic damage to Baron Blade (11). Damage dealt by Baron Blade is reduced by 1 until the start of my next turn.

Draw a card: Eye on the Prize

End of hero turn:

HP: 21

Hand: The Masadah, Eye on the Prize

In play: Jim's Hat, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, "The Ultimate Target"

Trash: Displaced Armory (x2), Temporal Grenade

Additional effects: Damage dealt by Baron Blade is reduced by 1 until the start of my next turn.
Chrono-Ranger deals +1 damage to Baron Blade, and the first time Baron Blade deals damage each turn Chrono-Ranger may use a power.

I'll be using Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower or Quick-Shot at every opportunity.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Omnitron-X

HP:  16

Hand: Ablative Coating x2, Singularity, Reset, Bio-Engineering Beam

In Play: Elemental Exochassis

Trash:  Technological Singularity, Focused Plasma Cannon

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Reset; draw Singularity, play Singularity, destroy Elemental Exochassis, Jim's Hat and his Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower to deal 3 lightning damage to Blade [8]; Blade deals me 2 lightning damage [14], CR deals him 2 projectile damage [6], Blade deals him 2 lightning damage [11].

Use a Power: Timeshift Chrono-Ranger, because I might as well and he seems the most likely to put out a little damage.

Draw a Card: Electro-Deployment Unit

End of Turn: 

HP:  14

Hand: Ablative Coating x2, Singularity, Electro-Deployment Unit, Bio-Engineering Beam

In Play:

Trash:  Elemental Exochassis, Singularity, Reset

Additional Effects: 

-Reckless

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Timeshift reveals "Dead or Alive", which I put on Baron Blade for what it's worth.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I wish we could delete our own posts.

PlatinumWarlock

I drew Upgrade Mode when C-R destroyed the Force Field.

Bunker: Engine of War

HP:  15

Hand: Grenade Launcher, Turret Mode; Upgrade Mode

In Play:  Flak Cannon; Grenade Launcher; Ammo Drop

Trash:  Grenade Launcher

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Turret Mode

Use a Power: Flak Cannon--Mad Bomber Blade takes net 4 projectile damage [2].  Bunker takes 3 lightning damage [12].  Chrono-Ranger gets to use Quick-Shot:  deals net 2 projectile damage to Blade [flips].  Blade destroys 10 Ongoings/Equipment, which includes all of Bunker's stuff.

Draw a Card: Ammo Drop

End of Turn: 

HP:  12

Hand: Grenade Launcher, Upgrade Mode; Ammo Drop

In Play: n/a

Trash:  Grenade Launcher, Flak Cannon, Turret Mode, Ammo Drop

Additional Effects:  Baron Blade flips!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Flip City!!

10 cards gone (all the cards!) and the deck shuffled all together.

Baron Blade is now at 40hp, and you guys need to chill, you are crushing the poor man.

Baron Blade stopped running.  He turned and faced them, a hideous smile plastered on his scarred face.

He pulled out a remote as heroes turned the corner.

He laughed.  "MUAHAHAHAHA!"

The heroes froze, then the Baron's face changed, the smile to a scowl as he mashed the buttons on his remote.  "NO!" he shouted at the remote as he threw it against the ground.

Jim walked cooly out from an alley into the main street.

"You didn't think we'd walk into a trap that obvious, did you?" he said as he threw a handful of detonators into the street.

"You won't defeat me, I'll kill you all! The madman screamed, his voice cracking as he pulled out a huge gun looking contraption and started swinging it around.

"KILL YOU ALL!!!"

The forgotten Environment turn:

In the shadows an unseen ally looked over the scene, she had no idea who these people were, but she knew one side was working with the Nazi's, and while she did not have any attachment to these Americans, she had strong feelings about Nazi's.

ROOK CITY

In Play:

Trash:  Blighted Streets

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Dr. Tremata [6]

End of Turn:  Dr. Tremata reveals Twisting Back Alleys and Tony Taurus.  Blade deals her 2 melee [4].

In Play:  Dr. Tremata [3]

Trash:  Blighted Streets

Effects:

Legacy can take the hit for Tremata, Either Twisting Back Alleys or Tony Taurus goes to the bottom, other to the top.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

OK, HP should be accurate now.

ROUND 2

Baron Blade:  Maniacal DEATH RAY wielder

HP:  40

In Play:  Backlash Field

Trash:

Start of Turn:  DEATH RAY!!!  Omnitron-X laughs at the pitiful ray Blade's weapon emits.

Play a Card:  Blade Battalion is destroyed

End of Turn:  Play Elemental redistributor, and destroy it.

In Play:  Backlash Field

Trash: {2}  Blade Battalion, Elemental Redistributor.

Effects:

Start:  Deal the Highest HP Hero target X energy damage where X = the # of cards in the villain trash.

End:  Play the top card of the villain deck.

Other:  The first time Baron Blade is dealt damage by a target each turn Baron Blade deals that target 3 Lightning Damage.

Hero Status:

Young Legacy:  10

Argent Adept:  12

Chrono-Ranger:  9

Omnitron-X:  15

Bunker EOW:  13

cmschex
Playtester

"Your bombs singed a little, but nothing is going to distract me from saving our future!"

(BTW, Living Force Field is dead)

Young Legacy

HP:  10

Hand: "Thokk", Next Evolution, Motivational Charge, Bolster Allies, Inspiring Presence

In Play:

Additional Effects:

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Inspiring Presence All Heores gain 1 HP

Use a Power: Atomic Glare BB for 5 damage (35), Backlash Field hits Young Legacy for 3 (8)

Draw a Card: Surge of Strength

End of Turn: 

HP:  8

Hand: "Thokk", Next Evolution, Motivational Charge, Bolster Allies, Surge of Strength

In Play: Inspriing Presence

Additional Effects: All Hero targets gain +1 damage.  All Hero targets gain 1 HP

Pages