The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse Living Campaign #4 - Challenge Thread

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester
Sentinels of the Multiverse Living Campaign #4 - Challenge Thread

This thread is reserved for me to post the scenarios and story parts for the Sentinels of the Multiverse Living Campaign #4. 

This chapter will run slightly long because I'm later than intended getting it posted. Generally, I will post new chapters on Monday, probably early afternoon Central (Chicago/St. Louis) time. Games can be submitted up until early morning on Mondays, when I'll be working out how the results of the scenario affect the ongoing story.

Early stages of the Campaign will have everything up through Vengeance as fair game. As I start to get clues that WCos packages are arriving at some of the EU destinations, WCos material will become fair game to use.

Any questions? Post them back in the "Gauging Interest" thread in this same forum. 

Ready to go? Let's rock. (Rhyolite, if you please.)

Edit: Pydro has graciously created this form to submit results. However, I'll still start a separate thread so people can describe their battles & tell me anything interesting. :)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Prologue - October, 1943

The Orionid meteor storm was unusually bright that year, unexpected not the least of which was because it was nearly the midpoint of Halley's Comet's orbit around the sun. Observers in extreme southern latitudes claimed that the meteors were interacting with the aurora australis in unusual ways that could not be explained with known science. Allied and neutral military generals in the UK and Scandanavia were concerned at first that Hitler was using the cover of the meteor shower as a way to test some new weapon that would turn the tide back in the African front.

Following reports of extreme devastation on the island of Uttian off the coast of mainland Norway, the allies decided it was the perfect opportunity to test some new equipment of their own. Corporal Vernon Carter & Captain Paul Parsons VII were dispatched to investigate the source of the devastation with all due discretion and report back. As they were stowed their parachutes, they discovered a strangely dressed civilian with a prosthetic limb who appeared to share their interest. His fluent English minimized the possiblity of a German spy, so favoring the maxim of "keep you where I can see you," they dragged him into the crumbling ruins with them.

Villain: Advanced Plague Rat

Heroes (decide order yourself): GI Bunker, America's Greatest Legacy (aka Grandpa Legacy), Chrono-Ranger

Environment: Pike Industrial Complex

I think Pydro's going to set up a Google Form for folks to submit results. The following questions matter for this scenario:

- Did the Heroes win?

- How many HP did each survivor have?

- How many rounds did the game last?

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

A small bump with a note that this particular episode is open until next Monday (2/2/2015) due to the midweek posting and possible distraction of relevant folks at PAX South. (That, and if we got anybody new because of it, this gives them a chance to jump in.)

I'd love to see results from the GtG crew playing at lunchtime. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge....)