The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse Battle Timeline Based on Lore

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
thejuggler3
Sentinels of the Multiverse Battle Timeline Based on Lore

Since the beginning for 2018, Senf and I have been working on creating a document that lists every fight in Sentinels of the Multiverse lore, using the Letters page podcast, cards in the game, and other information sources as references.  When we started, we did not appreciate the scope of our efforts. In the many months and hundreds of hours of work, we’ve built almost 200 fights in total.

Today we are posting the fruits of our labor.  Attached a view-only google sheet that has every fight we can put together from all the above sources.

A few notes on our process (there is also a Notes tab with these details and more):

1. One goal is to have one or more fights for every major event, even if sometimes cards do not exist to support the fight.

2. Another goal is to include every card to the best of our ability and reflect those cards in fights (e.g. this card has Chrono-Ranger and Expatriette fighting Akash'Bhuta.  We need to have a fight against Akash'Bhuta with these two heroes on a team if at all possible). We create fights in these cases even if there is no lore on the specific fight.  The Timeline Details tab has information on the cards referenced for every fight.

3. We try to follow the chronology as much as we can.  However, some events, especially team deck-style events, require us to consolidate stories that may happen at slightly varying times to be able to build a legitimate fight.

4. Team villain decks were especially hard to place.  Where possible, we ensured a fight occurred in our list between the classic enemies via the decks they are in, e.g. Haka fights the Hippo (via Friction's deck).  When we do this, we reference the fights even if this leads to some references that may be out of order. In some cases, we use team decks to represent other villains where they may not be able to be present.  This can lead to fights existing in the timeline but being far away from their card's location in the timeline, e.g. Fanatic fights Idolator very early but our fight uses the Operative as Idolator is a single card mini-nemesis in this deck, and therefore the Operative fight is much later.

5. Not every single fight will be represented.  This is due to the nature of the card game, where some villains are only a mini-nemesis or some events do not equate to reasonable fights.  We try to include everything but have to use our best judgement and be reasonable in fight counts.

6. Once OblivAeon comes, we will verify some fights with those heroes and add several fights for their stories and OblivAeon.

Feel free to use this as you like.  This document is most definitely not perfect, and almost every Letter’s Page has us updating it and revamping it as more information becomes available.  We are more than happy to receive any comments on the document.

Thanks, and have fun!

Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14_Cq89f19SyNIN_fuRdZ0s-cf9odsniOoLvUD9wh5Aw

morph147

So based off this, we could easily see 200 missions in story mode if Christopher and Handelabra gets to it after Oblivaeon.

p.s. I would pay a few dollars for story mode to play through this.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Natediggadoggity

I do agree, I think this is well done. 

It looks like, where you didn't have enough heroes to make a full game of it, Like Captain Cosmic finding Infinitor for the first time in fight 11, you throw in whatever heroes that could possibly also have been there? Is there a list of potential heroes that could be extras for any fight? It looks like Scholar is one of your staple go-to heroes that could fill in any fight.

Natediggadoggity

A couple things I noticed as I browse the first 25 fights or so, In fight 19, the first time Argent Adept fights Akash'buta, I think it should be a low hero count, no more than 3. Especially since he was supposed to be stomped that first fight.

Fight 21, Fanatic is missing from a Fanatic only fight.

springogeek
springogeek's picture

This is a fantastic piece of work! I've been wanting to do something similar for ages to play through at home. Thank you for all your efforts thus far!

thejuggler3

We've updated the spreadsheet to include new information on Sunrise and the Xtreme Universe.  The link should be the same.