The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of Freedom KS is live

132 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Woah, seems like the Combat Simulator might not be too much of an ask....

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Gotta love that bit of stubble. :D

X-metal
X-metal's picture

dprcooke wrote:

rjc917 wrote:
I had no idea this many people were Switch exclusive.  I've always viewed an xbox or playstation as the "necessary" console to have, with Nintendo's consoles being a bonus if you're really into Nintendo games or whatever their latest gimmick is.

Console... "necessary"?  I mean, they're nice to look at in a "I'm totally a geek" sort-of way, and they're decent if you can't get a real gaming machine, but let's be clear: Real gamers play on a computer. cheeky

i was this close to ignoring this thread but then it entered the console vs pc debate and honestly, even with the smily, I can't be sure your joking so I'm gonna go out and say it right now: both methods of gaming are great and honestly, I prefer console because I like having a controller in my hand. (Plus I only really play minecraft in the computer and am getting the ps4 version of this game because, again, I like having a comtroller in my hand) (oh, and looking at it from a professional point of view: the only pc exclusive games are the crowdfunded kickstarter games made by companies most people have never heard of. They may be good but, really, pc gaming isn't really very mainstream. This isn't meant to offend anybody. Just my honest opinion. It's also all I have to say so don't argue with me. I'm out of points and I don't like the console vs pc debate.)

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

You youngsters!  Back in my day, consoles were used primarily for fighting games and the real business was on the PC!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Donner wrote:

You youngsters!  Back in my day, consoles were used primarily for fighting games and the real business was on the PC!

I know your joking and this really shouldn't get on my nerves but.... It does. I hate myself for even getting invloved in this. (Also: I could say the same thing about PCs and FPSs right now) (edit: anyway, I didn't mean to reopen that can of worms. Let's stop now)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

We're incredibly close to the Guise unlock! I hope we make it of course, but I want us to shatter that goal in our last few hours and really improve the game...

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Hey, speaking of guise, specifically things that are not him: any hopes we might see some non-card game characters that have been mentioned before?

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Crisis averted, y'all! I boosted my pledge, and GUISE WILL BE IN THE GAME! :D

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

Crisis averted, y'all! I boosted my pledge, and GUISE WILL BE IN THE GAME! :D

heck yeah!

on an unrleated note: is that thing on wraith's head supposed to be a hood? Hair? I can't tell and it looks like it's attached to her so that really just... I don't know... My opinion of it is not a good one.

Powerhound_2000

The original or stealth suit?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

In her alternate costume, her hair is pulled back in a tiny ponytail, so as not to interfier with the sensors(?) on her mask. Or are you talking about her main costume in game, i.e. her RPG look?

In all honesty I wouldn't be too worried if you don't like any of the new looks. They only seem manditory for the side quests so far, so I don't think you HAVE to play with them if you don't want to.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/underbite/sentinels-of-freedom/posts/2179440

They got that update out quick!

Guise is looking pretty rad, and I'm loving the sound of how his abbilities work!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Somehow I missed seeing Wraith's stealth suit when they announced it.  It's a strange look for her, indeed.  That purple star thing looks like she's being attacked by a facehugger.

There will definitely be characters not in the card game, at least as villains.  They aren't providing details so as to avoid spoilers.

Guise picked up a little bit of color from Wager Master, apparently, and... a mouth?  That'll take getting used to.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Jean Marc officially confirmed as making the music for the game https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/underbite/sentinels-of-freedom/posts/2179491

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

X-metal wrote:

Donner wrote:

I know your joking and this really shouldn't get on my nerves but.... It does. I hate myself for even getting invloved in this. (Also: I could say the same thing about PCs and FPSs right now) (edit: anyway, I didn't mean to reopen that can of worms. Let's stop now)

In all honesty, I find the PC group and the Console group both think the other side is going out of style.  I prefer PC because I have more control over the system and I am better aim with a mouse and keyboard than a controller, but I used to play a ton of console games.  I think everyone has their preferences and they both allow people to share somethin they love:  games.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

They're both going out of style compared to mobile and portable.  But still plenty healthy.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

original. I don't mind it in the rpg but in the game it looks awful. If that is a hood they really screwed up there.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/underbite/sentinels-of-freedom/post... got that update out quick!Guise is looking pretty rad, and I'm loving the sound of how his abbilities work!

yay! Now we just need to wait as theres no way we're going to get the rest in just fuve hours (a shame since they all sounded really cool and I would have loved to see them.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Weeeellllllllllllllll...

Me on  the KS Comments section:

On a more serious note I have a question regarding the Stretch Goals we may not reach. Since this will be an episodic game from what I've been lead to believe, is there a chance we can get certain goals in future episodes if game sales/post-kickstarter pre-ordering goes especially well? The new update brought to life how much certain levels will improve gameplay, and it would be a shame to lose them...

Underbite:

the Kickstarter assures the features will be in the game at launch.(reffering to what goals have been unlocked) Our plan is to continue to expand the game so you will likely see the other features over time after launch.

Edit: Italicized text added by me to add context

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

For what it's worth, I did end up changing my mind on this project.  I backed it yesterday.

The later updates have been much more to my liking and the SotM IP was too much of a draw for me to resist.  Don't let me down, Underbite!  :P

Powerhound_2000

X-metal wrote:

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

original. I don't mind it in the rpg but in the game it looks awful. If that is a hood they really screwed up there.

Its a hood and attached to the cape.  I’m not sure I like that direction for her outfit but it’s been shown long before this KS.  

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

At the 4 hour mark, only $1136 more needed to get to the 75K mark...

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

With less than 2 hours to spare, we've broken the 75K mark! Update not yet avaliable, but is incoming.

Powerhound_2000

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Last chance to pledge, y'all!

Let's get this KS as high as it can go!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

And it's over!

final total funds raised: $75,681

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

X-metal wrote:
 Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Its a hood and attached to the cape.  I’m not sure I like that direction for her outfit but it’s been shown long before this KS.  

yeah, but it looks fine in the art. It's the game model I don't like.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

And it's over!final total funds raised: $75,681

plus side: combat simulator.

negative side: no mr. Fixer at launch. Dissapointing.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Not bad though, that's pretty high over the original ask price for a game that was rather loudly derided when the KS launched. :) Here's to... waiting for stuff again. :B Oh, Kickstarter.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Ya know, th games websits is very proud of it being funded in two days despite the fact that it's probably the least funded sentinels project so far. Hopefully the rpg kickstarter will be able to get close to some of the higher funded kickstarters. Not OblivAeon high but maybe vengence high.

Pages