The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels- Minneapolis/Saint Paul Organized Play Event

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ryan Johnson
Sentinels- Minneapolis/Saint Paul Organized Play Event

Announcing Sentinels of the Multiverse Organized Play! 

Games By James: Southdale Center- October 2, 2014 @ 6:00PM 
Games By James: Burnsville Center- October 9, 2014 @ 6:00PM

Event Fee: $5/player

Prize Support: PROMO CARDS!!!

Yes, that's right, we're giving away sets of the Dark Watch promo cards to winning teams. So grab your friends and get ready to defend the multiverse! 

Format and Rules...

At least one player for a team must have a copy of The Sentinels of the Multiverse (or the Enhanced Edition). Copies of heroes, decks, environments, or villains will not be provided. 

Players will seat themselves at tables with no more than four players to a team. If you do not have four people, you may be asked to seat someone from another group to fill out your numbers. 

Each player can select a hero of their choice- hero promo cards and proxies of hero promo cards will be considered to be playable if they are accurate. There may be no more than one of any hero at a given table. A player may only use one hero at a time- so no two-handed playing. Players may select heroes from expansion sets. 

Players will be playing two rounds with this group of heroes. The heroes will heal back to full health at the start of each round. 

The TO will roll a die to determine the environment and the villain that they will face each round. Villains and environments will only be drawn from the base set of Sentinels of the Multiverse. 

If your table wins either round, you receive a set of the Dark Watch promo cards! No more than one set will be given out per team. Limit of 10 sets per event.  

See you there, heroes!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Four players share five cards?

Edit: memory fail. Dark Watch is 4 cards.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ryan Johnson wrote:

Players will seat themselves at tables with no more than four players to a team.

Silverleaf, I think this is your answer.

It's exciting to see an event planned. I'm keen to hear how it goes. If you have anything online to link to, I'd be happy to do that via FB and Twitter.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ryan Johnson

The team gets the cards to break up as they'd like.  In our experience, usually one person has a copy of the game and everyone else just uses that- so we wanted to offer prize support conducive to that system.  

Thanks for the question, we hope to see you at one of our events.  

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ahhhh... Dark Watch. Four cards. Ignore me.

Tell me you'll take pity on the poor group that rolls the Chairman for both games though!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Unsafe_Bet
Unsafe_Bet's picture

Don't bet on it, but I'll probably be at one of these.  I don't need the promos (why couldn't they be Freedom Six???), but the idea of being in a tournament is too much for me to pass up.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:
Tell me you'll take pity on the poor group that rolls the Chairman for both games though!
Base set villains only; I think they'll be fine.
Unsafe_Bet
Unsafe_Bet's picture

dpt wrote:

Base set villains only; I think they'll be fine.

Urg, that'll make things substantially duller.  I now pity whoever rolls Baron Blade x2.

Ryan Johnson

Sentinels Fans of the Twin Cities!  I have dire news and urgent announcemnets.  

First, the events are being pushed back a bit due to a scheduling snafu.  

The Southdale event will now be on October 2nd, and the Burnsville event will now be on October 9th.  

We apologize whole-heartedly for any inconveinance this may cause you.  

Also, to answer a couple concerns: 

Each table fights the same villain each round, so Baron Blade would be removed from the pool after being defeated.  We are only using base set villains since not every fan has each expansion.  

The promo cards are the Dark Watch series, which is a set of 6 (4 heores, 2 villains).  We are leaving it to the players to determine how to divide them amongst themselves as we do not have enough to give every player who attends a set.  

We hope to see you Thursday!

shadowfistminnesota

Argh!  Is there any chance of getting one of these moved back to a weekend?  My family and I have been fired up for this for that last month or so.  We recruited a full team to come play, and my wife and son were particularly looking forward to this as they'd never participated in a public gaming event before.  However, a Thursday night event is completely out for us due to my wife's class schedule, and any weeknight is challenging due my son's school commitments.  Weeknights also torpedo the other adult in our team as he works until 7 most weeknights.

Is there anyone else who would strongly prefer a weekend event? 

Marstov, Haka Fan #1

TheEternallyUnd...
TheEternallyUndyingOne's picture

shadowfistminnesota wrote:
Is there anyone else who would strongly prefer a weekend event?

Yes.  Most of us have to be at work on Friday morning (perhaps not quite so early as me, but still, add in the time to bus to a suburb and it can get to be quite a commitment.)  The weekend is the time for recreational events.