The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels game videos

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arathorn
Sentinels game videos

In the spirit of sharing about Sentinels, my family has started recording some of our games (or end games) for posterity (or mockery). We have a few videos up at  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcaXVzOhWBUWEAOIoboivkQ (the whole channel). Our play isn't necessarily perfect (but we have a lot of fun!).

Actual Games:

1. Voss Advanced -- we played against the Grand Warlord advanced with just three heroes.
  2. Ending a Game Right -- against the Ennead, we have some fun with how ended the game
  3. Voss and La Capitan -- we've been experimenting with two villains. This was one such attempt.
  4. Voss/La Capitan rematch -- spoiler alert, I guess. :) 
  5. Baron Blade/Miss Info -- will we fare better against easier dual villains?

We hope to have lots more up in the next few days. Anybody else have videos of their games to share?

Arathorn ("Dad" in the videos)

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Miss Information is not an easier villain.  But I do sort of think the pair of them fit thematically.  Baron Blade is the obvious, bloviating mad scientist who makes himself painfully obvious but frustrates the heroes' attempts to reach him...and the whole while Missy is stabbing them in the back, while they can't even target her because they don't realize she's gone evil.  Then, all of a sudden like, both of them turn into slightly fragile but hyperviolent combatants and catch the heroes in a pincer formation.  Things would get bloody fast.

The annoying thing about fighting Miss Info is having to sit on your hands, getting messed with but having nothing to hit back at, until enough clues pile up that she starts fighting back.  (By the way, can anyone figure out what the flavor is on her clue-destroying ability after she's revealed?  She destroys a Clue to make the heroes deal sonic damage to herself, while all the rest of her damage is psychic; I figure the latter represents her haranguing them with insanity about how they left her to die in another universe, but the sonic damage I don't quite get.  She's making the heroes so mad that they shout at her and rupture their own eardrums?  Weird.)  Baron Blade fixes that problem nicely; he gives the heroes a 50+-HP gauntlet to run (his own 40 plus at least one Platform), but once he's flipped he's just too fragile to live long, but having help from Miss Info would fix that as well.  The more I think about this idea, the more brilliant it is.

For the opposite effect, perhaps pair Ambuscade with Gloomweaver, since Gloomy starts out as a target you have little need to attack, while 'Cade periodically goes into cloak mode and is untargetable.  You'd have to figure out whether it still counts as a win when you take out Gloomy's third relic, or if that just sorts Gloomy and leaves you still having to deal with 'Cade.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Katsue
Katsue's picture

Baron Blade has precedent for Villain monologues doing sonic damage. See "Consider the Price of Victory...".