The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Deckbuilding aka "Shattered Heroes" - Game 3

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Naturalist

HP: 27

Hand: Surge of Strength, By Any Means, Flying Smash, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, Fling Into Darkness, Unique Capabilities, Natural-Born Vigor

Play: Inspiring Presence, The Deadly Crocodile, Jim's Hat, Durasteel Chains, Natural Form's Power, Natural-Born Vigor

Trash: Team Communication, Displaced Armory, Eye on the Prize, Unique Capabilities, The Ultimate Target, The Predator's Eye

Under LC:

Effects:

• Damage dealt by the Naturalist is increased by 2 [Deadly Crocodile, Durasteel Chains]
  • Damage dealt to the Naturalist is decreased by 1 [Durasteel Chains]
  • Damage dealt by all hero targets is increased by 1 [Inspiring Presence]

Start: Predator's Eye wears off

Play: Unique Capabilities - no other signature cards; draw Flying Smash

Play: By Any Means on LC

Play: Surge of Strength

Power: Natural Form's Power - deal 6 toxic damage to LC [18] and 4 toxic damage to Charging Triceratops [4]

Power: The Deadly Crocodile - deal 7 melee damage to LC [11]

Draw: Positive Energy

End:

HP: 27

Hand: Flying Smash (2), Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, Fling Into Darkness, Natural-Born Vigor, Positive Energy

Play: Inspiring Presence, The Deadly Crocodile, Jim's Hat, Durasteel Chains, Natural Form's Power, Natural-Born Vigor, Surge of Strength, By Any Means [LC]

Trash: Team Communication, Displaced Armory, Eye on the Prize, Unique Capabilities (2), The Ultimate Target, The Predator's Eye

Under LC:

Effects:

• Damage dealt by the Naturalist is increased by 3 [Deadly Crocodile, Durasteel Chains, Surge of Strength]
  • Damage dealt to the Naturalist is decreased by 1 [Durasteel Chains]
  • Damage dealt by all hero targets is increased by 1 [Inspiring Presence]
  • Damage dealt to LC is increased by 1 [By Any Means]
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

luminos wrote:

I'm thinking that La Capitan isn't going to get to use her suspicious malfunction before she is knocked out.

Other than the bots and maybe Omni's components, I don't know that we would actually care if she did.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

luminos wrote:

I'm thinking that La Capitan isn't going to get to use her suspicious malfunction before she is knocked out.

Me neither.  Efficient heroes, and a villain deck that I am finding disappointing since I have a suspicion that the standard La Capitan deck might have done better.  blush

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Ra

HP: 27

Hand: Fire Blast, Inferno, Flame Barrier, Bloody Knuckles

In play: Dual Crowbars, Flame Barrier

Trash: Onboard Module Installation

Effects: +2 damage dealt [Naturalist, Crowbars]

Whenever Ra deals damage, he may deal the same amount of damage to 1 other target.

The first time a target deals Ra damage each turn, Ra deals that target 2(+2) fire damage.

Start:

Play: Bloody Knuckles enters play.

Power: Pyre - deal 7 fire damage to La Capitan [4] and 8 fire damage to self [19]; Flame Barrier kicks in and deals 8 fire damage to self [11] and 7 to La Capitan [X]

VICTORY!

Poor Cappy... I like this deck. It didn't get to really shine this game, but it did well enough, and with a bit of a polish it could do great things... That Naturalist deck was spectacular, though.

Anyone mind if I run the next game? I have an idea that just might work...

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

If anyone is curious here's the full LaCapitan deck and a few construction comments:

==== Ze Deck ====
Character: La Capitan

La Paradoja Magnifica
Temporal Thief (x2)
Maria Helena's Revenge (x2)
A Motley Crew (x2)
Walk the Plank
"All Together Now"
Final Breath
Trueshot
Battle Forged
Siege-Breaker
---
Gene-bound Guard (x2)
TCF Stalwart
TCF Conquerer
---
Suspicious Malfunction
Another Reality's Debt
"Explosion" in the Lab
Missing Resources
---
Fortune's Smile (x2)
Inconceivable Obstruction
Imminent Destruction
--------
Remarks:
1) "Theme" was giving La Capitan more ships.  And thus since there was "Walk the Plank" adding a card
with a shark in it just seemed to match.

2) Beyond (1) the goal was to get the deck some ability to steal and destroy cards, get more villain
cards into play, and get then be able to inflict some damage.  All without relying on the Baron Blade
and/or Omnitron cards that inflict serious damage and wipe a type of card.  The deck was still mainly La
Capitan since her crew cycling out repeatedly, if possible, is a good part of her theme and
effectiveness.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Aw man, my next turn involved Quick insight, Recompile Haka of battle and LSB.  Would have been sick.

I'm down for anything, am willing to play this deck again or go for a new style.

luminos

I've got a super draw type deck I'd be interested in trying. Of course, after seeing some of the combos from this game, I'm starting to wish I had vengeance.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Question - I didn't think Flame Barrier let you pick the kick-back target - it's the target that inflicted the damage, isn't it?

EDIT: Never mind.  It's Dual Crowbars duplicating the kick-back damage over to La Capitan.  (Cute)

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

He attacked himself, then dual crowbars allowed him to attack a second target

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Dual Crowbars :P

It would have been even more fun with AZ modules - fire damage to an enemy and myself means cold damage to an enemy and healing to myself, and also MORE fire damage to an enemy and to myself which means more cold damage to an enemy and healing to myself.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah, I got all of the right cards at the right time. I want to try this deck again and see how it goes with a less ideal draw.

Dual Crowbars was pretty sweet there.

Pages