The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinel Tactics Online Challenge: Issue #1

1 post / 0 new
kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester
Sentinel Tactics Online Challenge: Issue #1

Update3: Corrected the dates to make sure that the last time of may avilibility for this week was actually on a friday.
Update2: Changed the wording to make it more clear that you don't have to get 6 players together for this, that you can play with as few as 2 total.
Update: Added a publicly linked table that people can use without me sending a link

The Opening Volley

Here's the first in hopefully a series of challenges posted bi-weekly. If you missed the interest check thread, how this works is I post a map that will be on virtual Tactics boards that I run along with optional Standard and Advanced Challenges to make the match more complex. The standard challenges are simple modifications such as those seen in the official tournaments, such as additional environment targets and other hazards. Advanced challenges however, are more complex and change more than the standard skirmish, such as using alternative objectives, or modifying the drafting process.

As for how to play, if you either post in the thread, PM me or otherwise reach out, I will provided you with links to two separate roll20 campaigns. One is the public board which can be freely used by anyone, but it's not always going to be pristine or not have issues. I will try to keep it cleaned up but I can't always be there. The other is the reserved board, which is locked for use unless you schedule a time to use it. As such, only the reserved party can use it and thus it should always be set up to go, as long as you set up the time ahead of time. In addition, there is a public table that anyone can reach using the table below, but since anyone can use it, it can be vandalized or other such things.

The matches have no fixed number of players, but regardless the matches are 3v3 characters and are drafted as per the tournament rules (flip a coin and a choice between first ban vs first pick) with players controlling as many players as needed. If you participate, post your results here and what challenges you had used, and I'll compile them when I post the next challenge.

Supported Times

These times are times I'm open to running matches. These would take place on the Reserved board and, if no one has any objection, I'd be streaming the match. Note that both the reserved board and the public board can be used outside these times, they just won't have me on hand to run things and trouble shoot problems.

• Sunday Aug 23 - 3pm to 9pm
  • Wedsday Aug 26 - 3pm to 11pm
  • Friday Aug 28 - Noon to 11pm

Standard Challenge

The map has neutral Turrets place on the map, which generate hazard spaces

Advanced Challenge

Before the player Bans and Drafts, the following characters are banned and cannot be choosen

• Baron Blade
  • Beacon
  • Bunker
  • Citizen Dawn
  • The Operative
  • The Wraith

Public Table

https://app.roll20.net/join/987809/Ne9TbA