The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Self-Destruct Sequence v. Heroic Interception (and others)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
brettwo
Self-Destruct Sequence v. Heroic Interception (and others)

This may have been discussed before, but I ran into in the video game today and found it surprising.  

Dry run of the current Weekly One-Shot (Legacy, Tempest, Dark Visionary v. Voss in Wagner Mars Base).  Self-Destruct Sequence is in play, as is Legacy's Heroic Interception.  Self-Destruct asks if Legacy wants to skip his turn.  He does, and Heroic Interception is not destroyed.  (This was particularly helpful, Oxygen Leak was also around and it allowed me to tank the damage to Legacy and let it hit Voss.)

think this makes sense if Self-Destruct came out before Heroic Interception, since start-of-turn effects resolve in the order in which the cards enter play.  (That must have been what happened, right?)  I just can't remember if that was the play order, and even if so, it caught me a bit off guard.

Now I'm thinking about all the other ways you can make "single round" ongoings last longer by doing stuff like this.  :-D

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That's intended.  It can be done with Take Down in Legacy's deck as well.  Just have to make sure it is played after the card that allows you to skip is in play. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yep, it works as long as Self-Destruct was out first. It works with Heroic Interception, Take Down, Ground Pound, etc.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"