The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SCUverse game Kismet at Time Cataclysm: Discussion

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Odin
Odin's picture
SCUverse game Kismet at Time Cataclysm: Discussion

Oaktree had the great idea of creating one of these for the Matriarch and I thought it would be a useful tool to utilize. Right now i don't think we have any pressing matters but it is good to have this here for when we need it.

Something that may be important: Envisioner's drawing rule will most likely draw out more jinxes than the normal Kismet would. How long do we want to keep the talisman in her possesion? Right now it isn't a threat but it may make her powerful very fast.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

I wouldn't worry too much about the Jinxes if I were you.  She has double the chance of pulling Lady Luck and Inconceivable Obstruction.  (Granted I may decide to veto those plays for dramatic reasons, but probably not if you look like you might actually win.)

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

I'll Taiaha it whenever we need it out, 'cause it's the only other target, (minus the environment)

"72% of all statistics are made up"
-XXVZ

luminos

Now that she has a jinx out, it might be a good time to start playing hot potato with her Talisman so that she can't ever get the full effect of either side. She's still not too dangerous on this side yet, so not flipping her yet works too. I'm not terribly concerned about the triceratops yet. It will probably be more effort to kill it than is worth it. If it gets close to death, leave it alive so I can Final Dive it into Kismet.

Odin
Odin's picture

I was thinking the same thing. Keep the talisman around for another round and if she gets another jinx out we should take it. Triceratops is no biggy yet.

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

Should I Taiaha the Bulldozer or Talisman (or neither)?

I was thinking Bulldozer 'cause we might not want to flip her anyway.

"72% of all statistics are made up"
-XXVZ

luminos

I don't particularly think it will hurt to flip her, but we don't have to just yet, so your choice. If you don't hit the talisman, definitely hit the bulldozer. Even 1 point of damage is that much closer to getting rid of it and the talisman and bulldozer are your only options for the second hit anyways.

Odin
Odin's picture

I agree with luminos. Also I know you said you would take the damage from the bulldozer but I was planning on playing otherworldly resilience so if I take it would only deal 2. However, it may be easier to find wrathful retribution, then it may be better for you to take it. Sarcosanct can help with getting you lower if need be. I think you have three in your deck so you should have two more coming up at some point.

luminos

In that case, I'll let you take the hit. I'll go edit my post to reflect this.

Odin
Odin's picture

So I hate to bring up a sore subject but since envisioner is banned I'm assuming this game is over. Is this a good assumption? or are we going to try and play through it?

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Odin wrote:

So I hate to bring up a sore subject but since envisioner is banned I'm assuming this game is over. Is this a good assumption? or are we going to try and play through it?

If you guys give me a day to get organized I'll try to pick it up and at least get you through the end of the fight against Kismet.  If you prefer to just shut this game down instead we can go that route as well.

Obviously no promises being made regarding the SCU series itself beyond that point.

luminos

XXVZ is up next. He hasn't posted in a few days so I'm not sure if we'll be able to continue anyways.

Odin
Odin's picture

I was thinking the same thing as luminos... It may just be better to drop it. There will be more games in the future (if not scuverse) that we can get in on.

Edwin

Hi everyone, I'm one of Envisioner's real-world friends.  He asked me to sign up for this site so I could take over running the SCU games for him, if everyone's cool with that.

"I'm starting to feel comic books lack realism."
"Master of Understatement: Level Up!"
--Two nearly-consecutive (in the other order) quotes from the webcomic "Grrl Power".

Odin
Odin's picture

Awesome! Looks like the game is still on if we're still up for it!

luminos

Works for me. Still have to see if XXVZ is still around or if someone else could play Haka.

Edwin

It says he was "Last Seen" 11 hours ago, so presumably he's around....

EDIT:  And there he is.  So Tempest is up next, and then I can make my first "GM" post.

XXVZ wrote:
Taiaha Kismet plus Bulldozer for 3 each (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's a net of 1 to the "Triceratops", since it has DR of 1 and Haka is still Jinxed.  (I like how Envisioner described the lights on the bulldozer as making three "horns" in the dust.  Interesting idea, to "reskin" an Environment like this.)

--Two nearly-consecutive (in the other order) quotes from the webcomic "Grrl Power".

luminos

So, this is a bit of a tight spot. The bulldozer won't go after me only if there are two targets lower than me, so spy and tendrils both need to be alive, but less than 3 HP, or I need some healing. Also, the talisman needs to take at least 1 damage, but no hits after that. I can end of days if things get too out of hand, but Lady Luck creates the potential for a lot of damage coming our way if I do that, and I'm not sure about its interaction with end of days. Right now I just want to live long enough to draw Wrathful Retribution.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

luminos wrote:

So, this is a bit of a tight spot. The bulldozer won't go after me only if there are two targets lower than me, so spy and tendrils both need to be alive, but less than 3 HP, or I need some healing. Also, the talisman needs to take at least 1 damage, but no hits after that. I can end of days if things get too out of hand, but Lady Luck creates the potential for a lot of damage coming our way if I do that, and I'm not sure about its interaction with end of days. Right now I just want to live long enough to draw Wrathful Retribution.

I specifically asked a bout the interaction between End of Days and Lady Luck once.  You keep trying to destroy it until you succeed.  It might burn through Kismet's deck earlier of course, but you will get rid of the card.

Odin
Odin's picture

I have healing in my hand. Cleansing Downpour. Do you want me to get it out?

luminos

I wouldn't mind a cleansing downpour :). As long as xxvz Taihai's the Talisman on his turn, of course.

Edwin

Dr. XXVZ, paging Dr. XXVZ....