The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SCUverse Game 4: Gloomweaver in Rook City

111 posts / 0 new
Last post
jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

No, no power this time around. As pointed out, I could use some healing but lack the means at present. However, that shall be remedied shortly.

Edwin

Apologies to Ironic and Jffdougan, I forgot to update Legacy's HP when the zombie re-undied and attacked him, he was at 23 before his turn.  Then when I fixed it, I accidentally doubled the damage to AZ, so his HP in the previous turn is wrong, though it's right for this turn because he hurt himself.  (Also Meerkat, you have Tachy's HP listed correctly in her start of turn, but wrong in the end.)

I think you may have misread Ophidia, Humble-Knight....I didn't remember exactly how she worked myself, or I'd have strongly advised you to reconsider bottoming the Pin instead of her.  But now that we're in process, I have to regard the choice as binding.  Alas, HP totals are thus that it will not be you who must reap the whirlwind of your decision.

EXT. NIGHT - ROOK CITY SLUMS

PALE CULTIST:  "Oh, whatever.  To heck with the lawsuit, just kill them all."

Turning her back on the battle as if in boredom, the CHOSEN ONE raises her dagger in the air, and all the zombies twitch back into action and fall upon the heroes.  From within the drum, a sepulchral rattling sound echoes; it is quickly muffled by Legacy's bulk, but then emerges as a chillingly insidious HISSSSS....

Rook City

In Play:  Scum and Villainy.

Trash: 

Deck:  ? x 13, Dr. Tremata.

--------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn:  The race of zombie-kind deals 4 melee damage to each hero, although they have a little trouble finding The Wraith [Legacy 16, Tachyon 16, Wraith 20, Bunker 15, AZ 15].  Scum and Villainy is destroyed.

Play a Card: Scum and Villainy enters play; Tony Taurus to the bottom.

End of Turn: Ophidia the Deceiver enters play; Indigo Pin to the bottom of the villain deck.

-------------------------------------------------------

Trash:  Scum and Villainy.

Deck:  ? x 11, Dr. Tremata, Tony Taurus.

The undead onslaught continues, and as the heroes experience their first flicker of doubt as to whether they will succeed - or even survive - their mission, it is as though a dinner bell has rung.  From within the drum, passing ethereally straight through its surface - and the body of Legacy as he holds it motionless - a ghostly serpentine form coils out, its visible portion so impossibly long that you could believe it continued forever, like the Ouroboros or Midgard Serpent of ancient myth.  Slithering effortlessly through air, its narrow head like a thread piercing the eye of a needle, it swirls around the entire battlefield in a complex knot, but finally orients unerringly on the Wraith as she struggles to elude her zombie assailant.  Rushing toward her, it opens a mouth whose dozens of "teeth" are actually duplicates of the jewelled pin stabbing into Legacy's back!  As it bites her greviously, one of these artificial fangs comes loose in the wound, and begins stabbing its own way deeper into her flesh.  But at the same time, the pin afflicting Legacy goes absolutely mad, tearing at his spinal nerve with vicious abandon; he feels all the pain of the Wraith's injury and more.

Round Three

Gloomweaver - Not a Target

In Play: Drum of Despair [21], Chosen Disciple [7], Crimson Pin [3] (Legacy), Zombie Servant [2], Ophidia the Deceiver [8].

Trash:  Zombie Servant x4.

Deck:  11 x ?, Pouch of Bones, Strength of the Grave, Vast Following, Sable Pin, Indigo Pin.

Hero HP:  Legacy 16, Tachyon 16, Wraith 20, Bunker 15, AZ 15.

Start of Turn:  Curse you, Legacy, you've foiled me again!...

Play a Card: Crimson Pin enters play next to the Wraith; Vast Following to the bottom.  (No this is not a typo, I got the exact same two cards again.  At least that's all the Crimson Pins out of the deck.)

End of Turn: Chosen Disciple raises another Zombie, then deals 4 melee damage to The Wraith [16].  The first Zombie then deals 3 melee  damage to Legacy [13]; Ophidia the Deceiver then deals 7 toxic damage to The Wraith [9].  The second zombie then tries to deal 3 melee damage to Tachyon [13], unless Legacy gets in the way [in which case it's Tachyon 16, Legacy 10].  Four scriptwriters quit in protest after being ordered to make this make narrative sense; they are then rehired with substantial incentives for the third rewrite cycle.

In Play: Drum of Despair [21], Chosen Disciple [7], Crimson Pin [3] (Legacy), Zombie Servant [2], Ophidia the Deceiver [8], Crimson Pin [9] (the Wraith), Zombie Servant [2].

Trash:  Zombie Servant x3.

Deck:  9 x ?, Pouch of Bones, Strength of the Grave, Vast Following, Sable Pin, Indigo Pin, Vast Following.

Effects: AEOVT, Disciple raises a Zombie, then Disciple deals 2+Zombies melee damage to highest-HP hero target.  Each Zombie deals 3 melee damage to the highest-HP non-villain target.  Ophidia deals 5+Pins toxic damage to highest-HP hero target.  At end of Legacy's turn, Crimson Pin deals him 3 irreducible toxic damage (unless he's immune).  At end of Wraith's turn, Crimson Pin deals her 3 irreducible toxic damage.  Drum of Despair is irrelevant as long as Legacy refuses to believe in the supernatural.

Hero HP:  Legacy 13/10/6/3, Tachyon 13/16/13/16, Wraith 9/9/16/16, Bunker 15, AZ 15.

EDIT - Corrected end of turn information, including positioning the second Zombie properly in sequence, and revising the results accordingly.

"I'm starting to feel comic books lack realism."
"Master of Understatement: Level Up!"
--Two nearly-consecutive (in the other order) quotes from the webcomic "Grrl Power".

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Sorry guys I f'ed that up. I misread it as x = number of pins rather than h + number of pins. Legacy I apaologize

Ironic
Ironic's picture

America's Finest

LEGACY

LEGACY: We won't die.  Not while there's work to be done.

Legacy forces himself back to his feet, then brings the drumstick above his head down over his knee.  There's a thunderous CRACK, followed by approrpriate theme music.

LEGACY: Tachyon, now!

Start: I will, in fact, redirect Tachyon's 3 HP zombie hit to myself... with the side effect that it is then Tachyon who takes Ophidia's 7. Sorry, Meerkat. As someone who's going to take another 3 before Tachyon shuts them down for a turn, and then start damaging myself with Heroic Interception, I suspect I'll be the first of us to run out of health in either event.

Play: Motivational Charge.

Power: Motivational Charge. 2 damage to the Drum [19], and everyone heals 1 point.

Draw: [Danger Sense/Flying Smash] - Man, where's some armor?

End: 3 Toxic Damage from the Pin.

--------------------------------

HP: 11

In Play: Next Evolution, Lead From The Front, Motivational Charge

Hand: Take Down, Motivational Charge, Heroic Interception, Bolster Allies, Flying Smash, Danger Sense

Trash: Empty

Notes: EVERYBODY REGAIN 1 HP.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Tachyon

HP: 10

In Play: Research Grant

Hand: Quick Insight, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Lightning Reflexes, Pushing The Limits, HUD Goggles

Deck: 16x?, Sucker Punch, Supersonic Response, Accelerated Assault, Sucker Punch, Nimble Strike, Hypersonic Assault, Sonic Vortex, Accelerated Assault, Blinding Speed, Nimble Strike, Research Grant

Trash: Fleet of Foot x2, Quick Insight, Blinding Speed, Accelerated Assault, Supersonic Response [6]

Start:

Play: HUD Goggles enter play.

Pushing The Limits enters play.

Hypersonic Assault; 1 damage to all non-hero targets (Drum of Despair [18], Chosen Disciple [6], Crimson Pin [2] (Legacy), Zombie Servant [1] x2, Ophidia the Deceiver [7], Crimson Pin [8] (the Wraith)), and those targets can't deal damage.

Power: Research Grant; draw Lightning Reflexes, Lightspeed Barrage, deck Lightning Reflexes, draw Fleet of Foot, Pushing The Limits, deck Pushing The Limits, discard Synaptic Interruption.

Draw: Nimble Strike and Pushing The Limits, deck Pushing The Limits, Hypersonic Assault and Synaptic Interruption, deck Synaptic Interruption.

End:

HP: 10

In Play: Research Grant, HUD Goggles, Pushing The Limits

Hand: Quick Insight, Lightning Reflexes, Lightspeed Barrage, Fleet of Foot, Nimble Strike, Hypersonic Assault

Deck: 8x?, Sucker Punch, Supersonic Response, Accelerated Assault, Sucker Punch, Nimble Strike, Hypersonic Assault, Sonic Vortex, Accelerated Assault, Blinding Speed, Nimble Strike, Research Grant, Lightning Reflexes, Pushing The Limits, Pushing The Limits, Synaptic Interruption

Trash: Fleet of Foot x2, Quick Insight, Blinding Speed, Accelerated Assault, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption [7]

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Play: Impromptu Invention
Draw Utility Belt and Smoke Bombs, deck utility belt
Find Micro Targeting computer and put it into play
Play throwing knives

Power: Infrared Eyepiece
look at top 2 cards of villain deck
Draw Throwing knives and stun bolt, deck throwing knives

Power: Throwing knives. 3 damage to Drum [15], Disciple [3], and Ophidia [4]

Draw: Micro targeting computer and stun bolt, deck micro targeting computer

Odin
Odin's picture

"Guess I'm ruining this suit again..."

Bunker

HP: 15

In Play: Omni-Cannon, Upgrade mode

Hand:  external combustion, adhesive foam grenade, maintenance unit, heavy plating, recharge mode, flak cannon

Deck:  upgrade mode, gattling gun, turret mode, recharge mode x2, flak cannon, adhesive foam grenade and ???

Trash: external combustion

Start: 3 cards under the omni-cannon (3)

Play: Flak Cannon

Play 2: External Combustion Bunker [13], Drum of Despair [12], Chosen Disciple [0], Crimson Pin [0] (Legacy), Zombie Servant [0] x2, Ophidia the Deceiver [1], Crimson Pin [5] (the Wraith)

Power: can't

Draw: Decomissioned hardware (deck heavy plating)

End: nothing

HP: 15

In Play: Omni-Cannon (3), Upgrade mode, Flak Cannon

Hand: Adhesive foam greande, Decommisioned Hardware

Deck: upgrade mode, gattling gun, turret mode, recharge mode x2, flak cannon, adhesive foam grenade, heavy plating and ???

Trash: External Combustion x2

Notes: Do we want an adhesive foam next turn or should i load it into the omni-cannon?

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Rook City's a killer, so I am all for slowing its plays.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Get this snake outta my alley. Back home in Texas, I knew a buncha people who love serving fried rattler.  Tastes just like chicken. Who's up for something flash-frozen?

HP: 16

In Play: Isothermic Transducer

Hand: Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Focused Apertures, Modular Realignment, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Hoarfire

Deck: 27x?, Modular Realignment

Trash: Onboard Module Installation, Sub-Zero Atmosphere, Cryo Chamber, Frost-Bound Drain, Onboard Module Installation

------

Start: Nothing

Play: Focused Apertures

Power: Thermodynamics. I take 1 fire damage [15]; deal 2 cold to Ophidia the deceiver [0]

Draw: Cryo Chamber and Coolant Blast. Keep Coolant Blast; deck Cryo Chamber.

End: Nothing

-----

HP: 15

In Play: Isothermic Transducer, Focused Apertures

Hand: Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Modular Realignment, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Hoarfire, Coolant Blast

Deck: 25x?, Modular Realignment, Coolant Blast

Trash: Onboard Module Installation, Cryo Chamber, Frost-Bound Drain, Onboard Module Installation

When it comes time, I'll discard the Isothermic Transducer and one of the NPCUs from my hand in order to avoid the drum damage. Modular Realignment shenanigans inbound! (More if I had two of them, but hey....)

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Drum can't deal damage this round.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Hurm.  Does anyone know the ruling on whether NPCU works when Absolute Zero is immune to damage?

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Ironic wrote:

Hurm.  Does anyone know the ruling on whether NPCU works when Absolute Zero is immune to damage?

i believe it doesn't, since it converts damage to healing. 

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Also, Edwin I need the cards revealed by IE

Edwin

Again I must beg Ironic's forgiveness; I was mistaken in my assessment of the end-of-turn sequence.  The second zombie entered play after Ophidia the Deceiver, so it deals damage after her; with all three heroes at 16 after the Disciple hits Wraith, Ophidia can hit either of the ones whom the first Zombie doesn't hit, and the second Zombie will then hit the last of the three.  Since I get to pick the victim in ties, I will choose to have the first Zombie hit Legacy, after which he either takes the 7 from Ophidia or allows me to pick who does.  I will go repair this mess in a second.

Humble-Knight wrote:

Also, Edwin I need the cards revealed by IE

Cursed Acolyte and the Grimoire of Curses.  Have fun....

--Two nearly-consecutive (in the other order) quotes from the webcomic "Grrl Power".

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I do not elect to take Ophidia's damage at this time.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Edwin

Ironic wrote:

I do not elect to take Ophidia's damage at this time.

Okay, so are Legacy and Tachyon both at 13 from Zombie wounds, or is it 16 and 10 in her favor?

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Both 13.  Gotta save my strength for all that self damage.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I'm thinking we bury the relic again. The pouch is coming up relatively soon so I'd prefer to not have to deal with more than 2

Odin
Odin's picture

Give me some time to charge omni.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Sounds legit.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Deck Relic. Acolyte on top

Edwin

Apologies to Ironic and Jffdougan, I forgot to update Legacy's HP when the zombie re-undied and attacked him, he was at 23 before his turn.  Then when I fixed it, I accidentally doubled the damage to AZ, so his HP in the previous turn is wrong, though it's right for this turn because he hurt himself.  (Also Meerkat, you have Tachy's HP listed correctly in her start of turn, but wrong in the end.)

I think you may have misread Ophidia, Humble-Knight....I didn't remember exactly how she worked myself, or I'd have strongly advised you to reconsider bottoming the Pin instead of her.  But now that we're in process, I have to regard the choice as binding.  Alas, HP totals are thus that it will not be you who must reap the whirlwind of your decision.

EXT. NIGHT - ROOK CITY SLUMS

The alley rings with the echoes of Tachyon's hyperspeed, even as Bunker's fiery exhaust re-carbonizes the zombies and dissipates Ophidia's otherworldly form.  However, the carnage has ruptured a sewer main which lies far too close to the surface.

Rook City

Trash:  Scum and Villainy.

Deck:  ? x 11, Dr. Tremata, Tony Taurus.

Start of Turn:  Scum and Villainy's ears ring helplessly and then it is destroyed.

Play a Card: Toxic Sludge enters play; Scum and Villainy to the bottom (damn).

End of Turn: Hurray, damage that doesn't require a Legacy veto!  Legacy drops to 12 and then 9, Tachyon does the same, Wraith takes only the first instance and falls to 8, Bunker joins the 9-club, and AZ looks positively tanky at 12, then 10.

In Play:  Toxic Sludge.

Trash:  Scum and Villainy x2.

Deck:  ? x 9, Dr. Tremata, Tony Taurus, Scum and Villainy.

Effects:  At SOET, each player may discard a card.  If at least one card is discarded this way, that player may destroy the only Environment card in play (Toxic Sludge).

SHADOWY FIGURE:  "You lot are proving quite a source of frustration for us!  We really owe you our thanks."

A new hooded form joins the battle, striding amidst the smoldering wreckage at the far end of the alley.  Eerie green flames coruscate about his hands and cast stark shadows from every hair of his mutton-chops.  He smiles wickedly, as members of this cult are apparently wont to do.

SCRUFFY CULTIST:  "Our brotherhood hasn't suffered this kind of anguish in weeks; conquering the soiled underbelly of this wretched city has been far too easy.  Our lord Gloomweaver has not feasted so richly in years!  With your aid, he shall soon walk this world in his very otherworldly flesh.  And so, naturally, I must reward you for your assistance in tormenting his heralds.  Here, then, is a gift of our own, to repay your generosity!"

The newcomer raises his hands, and the wan, oily flames leap from his hand, eagerly bathing the alley in still more destruction.

Round Four

Gloomweaver - Not a Target

In Play: Drum of Despair [12], Crimson Pin [5] (the Wraith).

Trash:  Zombie Servant x5, Chosen Disciple, Ophidia the Deceiver, Crimson Pin.

Deck:  Cursed Acolyte, 7 x ?, Pouch of Bones, Strength of the Grave, Vast Following, Sable Pin, Indigo Pin, Vast Following, Grimoire of Curses.

Start of Turn:  The Drum makes a feeble rattling noise.

Play a Card: Cursed Acolyte enters play; Profane Zealot to the bottom.

End of Turn: Cursed Acolyte deals 3 fire and 3 infernal to each hero.  Let me know if Legacy wants to bogart an unfair share of Ronway's benevolence (and thus be incapacitated).  The HP totals below assume otherwise.

In Play: Drum of Despair [12], Crimson Pin [5] (the Wraith), Cursed Acolyte [6].

Trash:  Zombie Servant x5, Chosen Disciple, Ophidia the Deceiver, Crimson Pin.

Deck:  6 x ?, Pouch of Bones, Strength of the Grave, Vast Following, Sable Pin, Indigo Pin, Vast Following, Grimoire of Curses, Profane Zealot.

Effects: AEOVT, Acolyte deals 3 fire and 3 infernal damage to each hero target.  At end of Wraith's turn, Crimson Pin deals her 3 irreducible toxic damage (in theory).  Drum of Despair cannot make itself heard over the sound of how awesome Tachyon is.

Hero HP:  Legacy 3, Tachyon 3, Wraith 2, Bunker 3, AZ 4.

Odin
Odin's picture

That sucked....

Edwin

Odin wrote:

That sucked....

(To be clear, you are criticizing your team's luck, or my performance as facilitator?)

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I see.

Well, I would have done a number of things differently had damage not changed between when I made my choices and when things actually mattered on two back to back turns, but I suppose that's irrelevant now.  I'll kill myself with Heroic Interception.

For the story, I am sure it will be a big boon to finally eliminate a character, but I offer my sincere condolences to whomever gets stuck being invulernable for a bajeezus-gazillion rounds to slowly grind out this match.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Odin
Odin's picture

Edwin wrote:

Odin wrote:
That sucked....

(To be clear, you are criticizing your team's luck, or my performance as facilitator?)

Nahh Edwin you are a great facilitator! I was talking about our luck.

Edwin

Ironic wrote:
I see.Well, I would have done a number of things differently had damage not changed between when I made my choices and when things actually mattered on two back to back turns, but I suppose that's irrelevant now.

Do you think I handled the damage issues improperly?  I'm still pretty new at this after all; it's entirely possible that I did something less than ideal.  The thing with the zombie and Ophidia was an honest mistake, but the "post a whole environment and villain turn" thing really goes pear-shaped in the case of Lead from the Front - for the most part the "GM breaks ties" rule keeps SCUverse games from bogging down as normal-RAW games can, but LftF is an obvious exception, unless it's handled on some sort of "standing orders" basis which is very hard to do.

Quote:
I'll kill myself with heroic interception.

Don't do that, though.  (Unless you really want to play incapacitated for a while.)  Since you can't survive playing it, and its effect won't remain in play if you're dead, you might as well do Motivational Charge or something instead.  But don't just suicide unless you think that's really your best bet to contribute to the team.  (If nothing else, you could kill Tachyon with a one-shot, gain an HP with Motivational Charge, and then have Tachy give you a card play to put out Heroic Interception during her turn; that way, if you can avoid taking damage while at 1 HP, the other heroes can survive.)

Quote:
For the story, I am sure it will be a big boon to finally eliminate a character, but I offer my sincere condolences to whomever gets stuck being invulernable for a bajeezus-gazillion rounds to slowly grind out this match.

If it gets to the point where the last player left alive really wants the match to end, I can fiat it (either as victory or defeat, whichever they'd prefer).  The point is to have fun, so if all but one hero is incapacitated, we can just say that this movie is the "Empire Strikes Back" of the series, ending with the villains apparently triumphant for once, but with the heroes rallying in the sequel.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Ah, you're right - I forgot that Interception dies if I do.  Pity - I really liked the self-sacrificing element of it.

When I can actually look over my cards, I'll amend that.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Edwin

I just came up with another reason to hate the Informant ruling.  If you could resolve a card play fully and then deal with triggers, Tachyon could save the heroes with Hypersonic Assault even if she were killing herself with Two Left Feet in the process.  But as it is, she's no better at this sort of thing than you are.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I'll play Bolster Allies.

For my power, Next Evolution to be immune to... whatever Ophidia does.  Toxic?

Everybody draw!

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Ophidia is dead I believe

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Yep, I iced her back on my turn.

Edwin

Assuming someone will kill or stun the Acolyte (who otherwise has two different ways of killing you), your best bet to stay alive would proooooobably be to pick Melee, since I believe a slight majority of the deck's sources are thus.  But actually I think Gloomy is just about out of damage cards, apart from the other Cursed Acolyte.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

trying to get this game moving again, Absolute Zero draws Frost-Bound Drain and sends Glacial Structure to the bottom of the deck.

Odin
Odin's picture

bunker draw turret mode and ammo drop to the bottom

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Wraith draws suture self and trust fund. Deck trust fund

Edwin

Uh, is someone going to take an actual turn?....

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Tachyon's up.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Tachyon draws Sonic Vortex and decks Blinding Speed, decks Blinding Speed

Tachyon

HP: 3

In Play: Research Grant, HUD Goggles, Pushing The Limits

Hand: Quick Insight, Lightning Reflexes, Lightspeed Barrage, Fleet of Foot, Nimble Strike, Hypersonic Assault, Sonic Vortex

Deck: 6x?, Sucker Punch, Supersonic Response, Accelerated Assault, Sucker Punch, Nimble Strike, Hypersonic Assault, Sonic Vortex, Accelerated Assault, Blinding Speed, Nimble Strike, Research Grant, Lightning Reflexes, Pushing The Limits, Pushing The Limits, Synaptic Interruption, Blinding Speed

Trash: Fleet of Foot x2, Quick Insight, Blinding Speed, Accelerated Assault, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption [7]

Start: Screw it; Tachyon deals herself 2 sonic damage [1].

Play: Fleet of Foot; everybody draw! Tachyon draws Lightspeed Barrage, Sucker Punch, decks Sucker Punch.

Quick Insight; draw HUD Goggles and Synaptic Interruption, deck HUD Goggles, Lightspeed Barrage and HUD Goggles, deck HUD Goggles, Sucker Punch and Supersonic Response, deck Supersonic Response, discard Sucker Punch and Nimble Strike.

Lightspeed Barrage; 11 damage to the Drum [1].

Lightning Reflexes; I may play two more cards now.

Hypersonic Assault; 1 damage to the Crimson Pin [4] and the Cursed Acolyte [5] - neither can deal damage until my next turn.

Synaptic Interruption enters play.

Power: Research Grant; draw Accelerated Assault, Sucker Punch, deck Accelerated Assault, draw Nimble Strike, Hypersonic Assault, deck Nimble Strike, discard Sucker Punch.

Draw: Sonic Vortex and Accelerated Assault, deck Accelerated Assault, Blinding Speed and Nimble Strike, deck Nimble Strike.

End:

HP: 1

In Play: Research Grant, HUD Goggles, Pushing The Limits, Synaptic Interruption

Hand: Lightspeed Barrage x2, Hypersonic Assault, Sonic Vortex x2, Blinding Speed

Deck: Research Grant, Lightning Reflexes, Pushing The Limits, Pushing The Limits, Synaptic Interruption, Blinding Speed, Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles, HUD Goggles, Supersonic Response, Accelerated Assault, Nimble Strike, Accelerated Assault, Nimble Strike

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Quick Insight x2, Blinding Speed, Accelerated Assault, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault x2, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch x2, Nimble Strike, Lightspeed Barrage, Lightning Reflexes [12]

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Edwin

Ironic's turn isn't quite done from the looks of it.

Can you confirm that you are definitely using Next Evo, and what your choice of damage type is, in view of Ophidia's absence?

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Draw throat jab and mega computer. Deck mega computer

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

And I don't see how legacy's immunity would affect my play so here's my turn.

Play Smoke Bombs

Power 1: Infrared Eyepiece. Draw impromptu invention and inventory barrage. Deck inventory barrage.
Power 2: Throwing knives hit Pin [1] and acolyte [2]

Draw throat jab and throwing knives. Deck throwing knives

Great draws this round. Hopefully we can stabilize now

Odin
Odin's picture

may i go or shall i wait for ironic?

draw from tach is maintenance unit and deck auxilary

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Drum is dead. Killing the acolyte brings out a zombie which AZ would have to kill,instead of healing. I vote you kill the pin. I can hit both on my next turn 

Odin
Odin's picture

I'm going to go, Edwin hope ya don't mind. Also, sorry but I am not going to be able to play adhesive foam.

Bunker

In Play: Omni-Cannon (3), Upgrade mode, Flak Cannon

Hand:   Adhesive foam greande, Decommisioned Hardware, maintenance unit, turret mode

Deck: upgrade mode, gattling gun, turret mode, recharge mode x2, flak cannon, adhesive foam grenade, heavy plating, auxilary power source, ammo drop and ???

Trash: External Combustion x2

Start: 2 cards under the omni-cannon (5), remove upgrade mode

Play: maintenance unit

Power: flak cannon to kill the pin

Draw: Decomissioned hardware (deck turret mode)

End: nothing

In Play: Omni-Cannon (5), Flak Cannon, maintenance unit

Hand: turret mode, Decommisioned Hardware

Deck: upgrade mode, gattling gun, turret mode x2, recharge mode x2, flak cannon, adhesive foam grenade, heavy plating, auxilary power source, ammo drop and ???

Trash: External Combustion x2, upgrade mode

Notes: dropping into turret next turn.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I apologise, both for my disappearance and for my snappishness just before it - I was going through a lot of stress from school, and took it out on this thread.  Legacy, surely, would disapprove.

I will make myself immune to Melee damage - the Acolyte kills us all if it sticks around, so we need it gone, and I'll handle the zombie.  This should also let us handle any but two of the remaining seven cards that can be played next turn.

For my draws, first I get Thokk/Thokk (after deep internal debate, I deck Thokk), then I get Next Evolution/Takedown - brilliant!  I deck Next Evolution, so if we last this turn, I can buy us one more.

We won't go down without a fight.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Edwin, I still need the top 2 cards of gloomys deck

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Note that the acolyte can't deal damage thanks to Tachyon's Hypersonic Assault. I'm therefore going to put down the NPCU so I can start focusing on the bad stuff.

HP: 4

In Play: Isothermic Transducer, Focused Apertures

Hand: Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Modular Realignment, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Hoarfire, Coolant Blast, Frost-Bound Drain

Deck: 25x?, Modular Realignment, Coolant Blast, Glacial Structure

Trash: Onboard Module Installation, Cryo Chamber, Frost-Bound Drain, Onboard Module Installation

----

Start: Nothing

Play: Null-Point Calibration Unit

Power: Thermodynamics to do myself 2 cold healing [6]

Draw: Fueled Freeze and Thermal Shockwave. Deck Shockwave, keep Fueled Freeze.

End: Nothing

----

HP: 6

In Play: Isothermic Transducer, Focused Apertures, Null Point Calibration Unit

Hand: Isothermic Transducer, Modular Realignment, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Hoarfire, Coolant Blast, Frost-Bound Drain, Fueled Freeze

Deck: 25x?, Modular Realignment, Coolant Blast, Glacial Structure, Thermal Shockwave

As soon as we have stacking Gloomy's deck resolved, we're good to go.

Edwin

Humble-Knight wrote:

Edwin, I still need the top 2 cards of gloomys deck

Vast Following and Profane Zealot.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Profane Zealot on top.

I know the damage reduction isn't great but I'd rather just kill something than potentially having to redo all our work so far.

Pages