The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SCUverse Game 2: The Matriarch / Insula Primalis

72 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

For once, Tachyon is silent, her mouth drawn into a thin, determined line.

Tachyon

HP: 24

In Play: Pushing The Limits, HUD Goggles

Hand: Lightning Reflexes, Lightspeed Barrage x2, Hypersonic Assault, Accelerated Assault, Research Grant, Quick Insight

Deck:  10x?, Pushing The Limits, Synaptic Interruption, Lightspeed Barrage, Supersonic Response, Accelerated Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sonic Vortex, Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles, Blinding Speed, Synaptic Interruption, Pushing The Limits, Lightning Reflexes

Trash: Nimble Strike, Fleet of Foot x3, Supersonic Response, Sucker Punch, Research Grant, Hypersonic Assault [6]

--------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn: Tachyon sonics herself for 3 [21].

Play a Card: Accelerated Assault; Tachyon deals 2 damage to the Matriarch [49], and everything else dies.

Quick Insight; draw Blinding Speed, Hypersonic Assault, deck Blinding Speed, draw Sucker Punch, Nimble Strike, deck Nimble Strike, draw Accelerated Assault, Quick Insight, deck Accelerated Assault, discard Sucker Punch, Quick Insight.

Research Grant enters play.

Use a Power: Research Grant; draw Nimble Strike, Sonic Vortex, deck Sonic Vortex, draw HUD Goggles, Blinding Speed, deck HUD Goggles, discard Blinding Speed.

Draw a Card: Draw Pushing The Limits, Synaptic Interruption, deck Pushing the Limits, draw Lightspeed Barrage, Supersonic Response, deck Supersonic Response.

End of Turn:

-------------------------------------------------------

HP: 21

In Play: Pushing The Limits, HUD Goggles, Research Grant

Hand: Lightning Reflexes, Lightspeed Barrage x3, Hypersonic Assault x2, Nimble Strike, Synaptic Interruption

Deck:  Accelerated Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sonic Vortex, Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles, Blinding Speed, Synaptic Interruption, Pushing The Limits, Lightning Reflexes, Blinding Speed, Nimble Strike, Accelerated Assault, Sonic Vortex, HUD Goggles, Pushing The Limits, Supersonic Response

Trash: Nimble Strike, Fleet of Foot x3, Supersonic Response, Sucker Punch x2, Research Grant, Hypersonic Assault, Accelerated Assault, Quick Insight x2, Blinding Speed [11]

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

OK, kid.... let's see what we can do about getting you out of here before somebody gets hurt. Dinosaurs can wait.

HP: 27

Hand:  Fueled Freeze, Modular Realignment, Frost-Bound Drain x 2, Coolant Blast, Focused Apertures, Isothermic Transducer, Thermal Shockwave, Frost-Bound Drain, Focused Apertures

In Play: Cryo Chamber, Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit

Trash: Glacial Structure

Deck: 14x?, Focused Apertures, Sub-Zero Atmosphere, Fueled Freeze, Modular Realignment, Modular Realignment, Glacial Structure, Onboard Module Installation, Cold Snap, sub-Zero Atmosphere, Impale, Null-Point Calibration Unit; Isothermic Transducer

-----

Start: Nothing

Play: Frost-Bound Drain. Deal 4 cold damage to the Matriarch [45]. I take 3 fire damage [24] and do 5 cold damage to the Matriarch [40]

Power: Thermodynamics. I deal 3 cold damage to myself to heal [27]

Draw: Hoarfire and Onboard Module Installation. Keep Hoarfire; send Onboard Module Installation to the bottom of the deck.

End: Nothing

----

HP: 27

Hand:  Fueled Freeze, Modular Realignment, Frost-Bound Drain, Coolant Blast, Focused Apertures, Isothermic Transducer, Thermal Shockwave, Frost-Bound Drain, Focused Apertures, Hoarfire

In Play: Cryo Chamber, Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit

Trash: Glacial Structure

Deck: 12x?, Focused Apertures, Sub-Zero Atmosphere, Fueled Freeze, Modular Realignment, Modular Realignment, Glacial Structure, Onboard Module Installation, Cold Snap, sub-Zero Atmosphere, Impale, Null-Point Calibration Unit; Isothermic Transducer, Onboard Module Installation

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Start of turn: Put External Combustion x 2 and Decommissioned hardware under omni cannon
Play Flak Cannon
Play Turret Mode
Power Flak Cannon Matriarch for 5 [35]
Power Grenade Launcher Matriarch for 4 [31], no second or third shot.
No draw

Let's finish her off

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

At least there's one good thing about this match - I don't actually need the Matriarch's physical deck at all anymore, it was stacked two rounds ago and now I can just keep working through what's left of it until it shuffles (not that it will).  Still, this post had to wait until I had Insula Primalis handy.

EXT - FORMER VOLCANIC CARRION FIELDS

Only one person is smiling as the Freedom Five quickly and efficiently takes down the misbehaving Lilian.  That person is the STRANGER, who lurks in darkness far away from the site of battle, unobserved by all as he smirks in satisfaction.

The Matriarch - 40 HP

In Play

Trash:  Carrion Fields x2, Darken the Skies, Horrid Cacophony, Darken the Skies, Mask of the Matriarch, Building of Rooks x3, Kettle of Vultures x2, Clattering of Jackdaws x2, Unkindness of Ravens, Murder of Crows x3, Unkindness of Ravens, Clattering of Jackdaws

Deck:  Kettle of Vultures, Darken the Skies, Unkindness of Ravens, Horrid Cacophony x2, Murder of Crows, Unkindness of Ravens, Darken the Skies, Muninn, Clattering of Jackdaws, Darken the Skies, Huginn.

Start of Turn

Play a CardKettle of Vultures enters play; Unkindness of Ravens to the bottom.  Darken the Skies; Horrid Cacophony to the bottom.  All the birds come back one more time.  Oh right, Take Down.  All this can happen next turn, if there is a next turn.

End of Turn

In PlayKettle of Vultures, Mask of the Matriarch [9], Building of Rooks x3, Kettle of Vultures x2, Clattering of Jackdaws x2, Unkindness of Ravens, Murder of Crows x3, Unkindness of Ravens, Clattering of Jackdaws Nothing

Trash:  Carrion Fields x2, Darken the Skies, Horrid Cacophony, Darken the Skies x2 plus all the in-play stuff except the first Vulture.

Deck: [s]Muninn, Huginn, Unkindness of Ravens, Horrid Cacophony[s]

Hero HP: Legacy 25, Wraith 21, Tachyon 24, Absolute Zero 24, Bunker 26.

A slight complication occurs.

Round Four

Insula Primalis

In Play:  Nothing

Trash:  Velociraptor Pack, Obsidian Field, Pterodactyl Thief, Velociraptor Pack (x2?  I can't tell what happened with the third.)

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  I am confronted with a choice between Enraged T-Rexes.  I'll take the one on the left.

End of Turn:  Rex bites Legacy for 5 [20].

In Play:  Enraged T-Rex [15]

Trash:  Velociraptor Pack, Obsidian Field, Pterodactyl Thief, Velociraptor Pack (x2?)

Deck:  4 x ?, River of Lava, Volcanic Eruption, Pterodactyl Thief, Obsidian Field, Enraged T-Rex.

Effects:

Hero HP: Legacy 20, Wraith 21, Tachyon 24, Absolute Zero 24, Bunker 24.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Raptor Pack #1 - Appeared and died in Round 2. (Wraith thrown knife)

Raptor Pack #2 - Appeared in Round 4 to eat a fowl.  Killed in Round 4 by Tachyon's Hypersonic Assault.

Raptor Pack #3 - Appeared in Round 5 - damage blocked by Mega Computers in play.  Killed in Round 5 by Tachyon's Accelerated Assault as part of "and everything else dies".

===

And I think Bunker Flak Cannoned and Grenaded The Matriarch after AZ took her down to 40 HP - His turn indicates her down to [31].

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

America's Finest Legacy

HP: 20

Hand: "Thokk!", Motivational Charge, The Legacy Ring, Superhuman Durability, Fortitude, Lead from the Front, Bolster Allies

In play: Next Evolution, Take Down

Trash: Flying Smash, Danger Sense, Inspiring Presence

Start of hero turn: Galvanize expires. Take Down is destroyed.

Play a card: Bolster Allies. Everyone draws a card. I deck Lead from the Front and draw Bolster Allies.

Use a power: Galvanize. Until the start of Legacy's next turn, increase damage dealt by hero targets by +1.

Draw a card: Deck Next Evolution, draw Surge of Strength.

End of hero turn:

HP: 20

Hand: "Thokk!", Motivational Charge, The Legacy Ring, Superhuman Durability, Fortitude, Lead from the Front, Bolster Allies, Surge of Strength

In play: Next Evolution

Trash: Flying Smash, Danger Sense, Inspiring Presence, Take Down, Bolster Allies

Deck: ?? x 14,, Motivational Charge, Back-Fist Strike, Heroic Interception, Danger Sense, Fortitude, Danger Sense, Back-Fist Strike, Inspiring Presence, Surge of Strength, "Thokk!", Lead from the Front, Next Evolution

Additional effects: All heroes draw a card.
Until the start of Legacy's next turn, increase damage dealt by hero targets by +1.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Absolute Zero draws Thermal Shockwave and NPCU. Keep Thermal Shockwave; deck NPCU.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Bunker tries to draw, realizes that shooting his enormous guns uses up all of his suit's power, then shrugs

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I think you guys might not get this finished. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Draw Utility Belt and Razor Ordnance - deck Razor Ordnance

====

Wraith

HP - 21

In Play: Throwing Knives, Micro Targeting Computer, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt, Mega Computer (x2)

Hand: Impromptu Invention, Grappling Hook (x3), Mega Computer, Stun Bolt, Trust Fund, Utility Belt

Deck:  15x ?, Inventory Barrage, Combat Stance, Razor Ordnance, Throwing Knives, Trust Fund, Utility Belt, Infrared Eyepiece, Trust Fund, Combat Stance, Razor Ordnance

Trash: Impromptu Invention (x2), Throat Jab
Start of Turn:

Play a Card: Impromptu Invention
             Draw Micro Targeting Computer (x2) - Deck one of them
             Pull Razor Ordnance off near-bottom of deck and put into play
             Play Grappling Hook
                Destroy/disable Enraged T-Rex in a theatric manner
                Draw Razor Ordnance and Stun Bolt - deck Razor Ordnance

Power:  (A) Stun Bolt
             - 4 projectile damage to The Matriarch [27]

(B) Razor Ordnance         
             - 6 projectile damage to The Matriarch [21]

Draw: Draw Throat Jab, Inventory Barrage; Inventory Barrage to bottom of deck

End of Turn:

HP - 21

In Play: Throwing Knives, Micro Targeting Computer, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt, Mega Computer (x2), Razor Ordnance

Hand: Grappling Hook (x2), Mega Computer, Stun Bolt (x2), Trust Fund, Utility Belt, Micro Targeting Computer, Throat Jab

Trash: Impromptu Invention (x3), Throat Jab, Grappling Hook

Deck:  7x ?, Inventory Barrage, Combat Stance, Razor Ordnance, Throwing Knives, Trust Fund, Utility Belt, Infrared Eyepiece, Trust Fund, Combat Stance, Micro Targeting Computer, Razor Ordnance, Inventory Barrage

Effects: Wraith may use an additional power during her Power Phase
         Reduce damage dealt by environment cards by 2
     Matriarch damage dealt reduced by 1 until start of next Wraith tur
n

Comment: Going from Villain turn listing Matriarch HP as 40.  If it is actually lower I will edit - and did so with Matriarch starting Wraith turn at 31.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Silverleaf wrote:

I think you guys might not get this finished. 

We may not know what happens after it ends, but we can finish it easily. It's basically over now
Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Wraith, unless you don't think tach ended her turn at 49 or there's some reason AZ and I couldn't do 9 damage a piece she should have started your turn at 31

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Sure, I meant the series as a whole. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Humble-Knight wrote:

Wraith, unless you don't think tach ended her turn at 49 or there's some reason AZ and I couldn't do 9 damage a piece she should have started your turn at 31

Even at 40 we are going to burn her.  Tachyon alone is going to be good for at least 20 points of damage with Lightspeed Barrage plays before you and AZ go.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Game 3 on the other hand...

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Triple Lightspeed Barrage FTW.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I know it doesn't matter but if you ignore it, my only contribution was discarding for obsidian fields and saving us 3 or 4 damage

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Humble-Knight wrote:

I know it doesn't matter but if you ignore it, my only contribution was discarding for obsidian fields and saving us 3 or 4 damage

Part of the game.  And you also nailed 3 fowl the round we opted not to make a flock sweep of any kind. 

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I know it's part of the game, just changed my mind on bunker a bit. And I was counting killing the birds in saving us damage

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Oaktree, can you go ahead and count that 9 damage in your totals?

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

dpt wrote:

Oaktree, can you go ahead and count that 9 damage in your totals?

Have edited turn accordingly.  Please proceed.

Pages