The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Roll20: Tactics Public Demo Stream

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester
Roll20: Tactics Public Demo Stream

So I think i've gotten most of the work done on the roll20 board, and since the playtest wasn't recorded due to issues, I wanted to do a pick up game via twitch stream tomorrow night so I can get game footage and just show off the work I did.

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/kitmehsu

When: 6pm EDT Mar 18

What: A streamed game of Sentinel Tactics through the online service roll20, where the players will be sent invites from those watching the stream.  The set-up will be the same as PAX-South, with a potental second game pending interest/time

Who: Anyone can join the stream, though it will help to have registered with roll20 if you want to try and join the game.

Technically this is seperate from the invite tests, so even if you're part of it, this will actually be part of different campaign so the links will be to a different version.  Also, for a teaser of whats to come, I've attached a screenshot of just what i've done in the game.

Attachment(s): 
metlarcturus
metlarcturus's picture

Ooh, those are some shiny improvements! I see board-side character panels, complete with health and movement tracking. I see auto-logged attacks and defense, and... Does the system indicate which dice are auto-misses now? Nice!

"To such simple minds, my advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!"

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Looks like some great improvements I will be there

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm impressed by that character panel. I also love the hit/auto-miss variations in the die rolls.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Join us on Twitch so we can get our game on!!!!!!!!    http://www.twitch.tv/kitmehsu

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Bunker Lays down the Omni cannon and takes out legasy, and kills the Operative With the flack cannon, Legasy tries to hit bunker for no effect. Then Unity lets out Rapterbot to Smack Dawn twice for the win!!!! Fun game!!!!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

kitmehsu will post it on you tube, But the System works good, untill Handelabra Makes it a Video game (Hopeing someday), It Does allow people to get together online to play. Good Job!!!!!

morph147

Agree dshields about handelabra making sentinel tactics. Hoping we hear a word on this by the end of the year.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

While I'm sure Handelabra would like to make Sentinel Tactics they already have a full plate getting out SotM expansions.   Unless they have a hiring frenzy I suspect It could be a year or more until we get a video game version.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

If you were listening to the live stream, Christopher said that Tactics the video game is coming out next Thursday. smiley

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

morph147

Pydro wrote:

If you were listening to the live stream, Christopher said that Tactics the video game is coming out next Thursday. smiley

wait what. Which stream are we talking about. <<starts running around to every place he knows Christopher has talked in the past few days>>

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It was at the end of Handelabras game this week, when they were taking questions from the chat.

EDIT: Just want to make it clear that he was joking.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

morph147

Pydro wrote:

It was at the end of Handelabras game this week, when they were taking questions from the chat.

EDIT: Just want to make it clear that he was joking.

:(

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

I've finaly got the video from the game uploaded onto youtube for you're viewing pleasure https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQs-bv8J74hWYgETAwQ-S0gWJgmRqLnXX