The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Robots?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
sesbeqyinepu
Playtester
Robots?

Hello all!

I'd like others' opinions/thoughts on the idea of robots in Sentinel Comics. Other than the obvious Omnitron making drones and Baron Blade making the occasional robot for a single task (like self-impersonation), is there any other villains who heavily rely on, or even frequently use, robots for tasks or fighting? I can't think of any.

I ask because I have a hero idea that I'm carrying over from my old City of Heroes days. The concept was a hero who built a suit out of broken robots that heroes had smashed, thereby allowing her to be a hero too. In that game, the main design was based on the Clockwork robots, but I also later made costumes created from Mek Men and Jump-bots. So for SCRPG, I'd like to use robots based on existing in-setting lore, rather than creating everything from nothing.

My initial thought was to use smashed drones but I feel like Omnitron tech, even drones with little to no Omnitron code, would be under strict control and cleaned up pretty quickly. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

fjur
fjur's picture

Try looking into Biomancer's Fleshchildren.

Also, I think it would be fine to say that your hero got ahold of some Omnitron tech (There is a whole factory of it lying around.).

This space was intentionally left blank.

sesbeqyinepu
Playtester

Thanks for the reply!

I've always understood the fleshchildren to be more like flesh golems wrapped around a metal frame, controled by magic. For this, I'd want true robots.

That being said, you bring up a good point about the factory and the amount of stuff that must've been busted up each time the heroes fought Omnitron. Thanks!

Godai
Godai's picture

And there is always the "La Capitan left it behind in the aftermath of a Time Crime" option...

Godai
Godai's picture

Oh, and the Celestial Tribunal is full of robots to build off of. 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's also likely there are other robots from the history of SC that we just haven't heard the stories of. You could easily make up something all your own! :-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

fjur
fjur's picture

I also think it would be pretty tough for anyone to keep track of all the Omnitron tech.

For example, say during one of the Omnitron fights, Legacy's fighting some flying drones and "thokks" them out of the sky. They crash down near you hero, and Legacy has to go save some civillians. That's a perfectly reasonable kind of thing to happen.

This space was intentionally left blank.

sesbeqyinepu
Playtester

All very good ideas! Already working on the Sentinel-ification of my old hero. Thanks!

OddballPaladin

Hey, glad to hear more CoH vets converting their favorite toons.

What was said above about villain groups. I can see people trying to copy Unity's golems (not understanding the power souce, then again, she doesn't even fully know) for mass production (oooh... possible villain... Tech-only Biomancer wanna-be that knocks off people's drones/bots), or just general civilian designs (not quite as ubiquitous as the Preatorean Clockwork, but similar roles).