The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Resolute + Prayer of Desperation.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester
Resolute + Prayer of Desperation.

This was discussed a while back, but now that it is in the video game I wonder if anyone has run into it or would test it real quick.

1.  If Fanatic, on her turn, uses Resolute and it puts Prayer of Desperation into play, does Resolute still give a power use, or does ending your turn cancel that?

If I remember correctly we assumed you would finish the power after resolving any end of turn stuff.

2.  If you play Smite the Transgressor and use Resolute first and it plays Prayer, do you get the extra power from Smite, or is that lost?

Again, if I remember right, I believe we ended settling with the extra power being lost.

Thanks so much.  My kindle keeps telling me to update the game but also telling me I have all the updates so I still don't have any of the Wardens.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

The Amazon App Store does have the most recent version of the game.  You should be able to manually update from their app.  Remember to re-download the expansions, as well.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yes on the first as I've had that happen the power use is still available.  Haven't run into the second one. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

For your second case you do not get to use the extra power use for Fanatic from Smite the Transgressor

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Thank you for testing that. I actually had that come up today, but not in the video game. Guess I made the right decision! (The lesson is, always use Absolution first when Smiting with PW.)

Kratos13

I assume Resolute->Prayer of Desperation follows the same guidelines as Don't Dismiss Anything->Know When to Hold Fast, which was ruled in the Fireside Chat as DDA allowing to finish before ending the turn.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Kratos13 wrote:

I assume Resolute->Prayer of Desperation follows the same guidelines as Don't Dismiss Anything->Know When to Hold Fast, which was ruled in the Fireside Chat as DDA allowing to finish before ending the turn.

That's not quite accurate.  The turn "ends" and then DDA finishes.  The trick is that "End your turn" means "Move to the beginning of your End of Turn step", and does not actually mean your turn is over.  That's why "end your turn" cards become hilarious when Wager Master's card that reverses the order of a turn is out, because "end your turn" moves you to the End of Turn step, which is now the beginning of your turn and you get power and play phases again.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Kratos13

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Kratos13 wrote:

That's not quite accurate.  The turn "ends" and then DDA finishes.  The trick is that "End your turn" means "Move to the beginning of your End of Turn step", and does not actually mean your turn is over.  That's why "end your turn" cards become hilarious when Wager Master's card that reverses the order of a turn is out, because "end your turn" moves you to the End of Turn step, which is now the beginning of your turn and you get power and play phases again.

The exact quote from the fireside chat is:

"If The Scholar plays Don’t Dismiss Anything, and he ends up playing Know When To Hold Fast, the remaining effect of Don’t Dismiss Anything still resolves, then he ends his turn."

I agree "End your Turn" means go to End of Turn phase, but from the fireside chat, DDA finishes before that happens.  Haven't verified this in the video game, but this should mean that with Breaking the Rules in play, you would go to the beginning of your turn after DDA finishes.

Powerhound_2000

You are in the end of your turn while the affect still resolved. 

Kratos13

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

You are in the end of your turn while the affect still resolved. 

Hmmm, so the exact wording of the fireside chat should be more like:

"If The Scholar plays Don’t Dismiss Anything, and he ends up playing Know When To Hold Fast, proceed to the End of Turn phase (if it is Scholar's turn), resolve the remaining effect of Don’t Dismiss Anything, then proceed with the rest of the End of Turn phase."

That wasn't my first interpretation of the fireside chat ruling, but it does make sense now that I think about it.

Thanks!