The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Remote Tranquilizer vs. Proletariat.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester
Remote Tranquilizer vs. Proletariat.

Was playing Omnitron and Omni-reaper vs. Proletariat and Wraith in a pylon control Match (3 pylons, a 5 tile set up (2 rows, 3 on bot, 2 top, the pylons were the middle triangle)

Proletariat got to 6 clones on his third turn, Omnitron pulls out Remote Tranquilizer and targets to hit 4 of them.

Proletariat rolls poorly and takes 1 damage, receives both -1 tokens, the next Proletariat faces the attack, and rolls 2 dice, consuming a def-1, blocking two dice but taking 1 damage, receiving both -1 tokens again, repeat, and once more.

He was incapped, but if he had been at full health he would have ended that attack with one defense-1 token and four Attack-1 tokens.  Sadly for Proletariat he rolled epicly bad to take 1 damage to start, then rolled well enough to block 2 dice on every other roll, but with the 3 defense-1 tokens consumed, didn't have a chance at blocking all the dice.  The attack took 4-2-2 and Prole had Defensive Sacrifice in.

I'm not complaining, just thought it was an awesome thing that needed shared.  I was actually a bit sad Proletariat didn't get his turn, since he was about to overwhelm Omnitron and -1d to all 4 attacks would have been cool.

If you haven't tried the Pylon Control Skirmish Variant please do so, it is a lot of fun.  We started keeping score after the second round, it worked since the map was small.

My current Omni-reaper testing involves following his cards rules exactly, and giving him Drone Deployment as a permanent power card, so he had drone deployment and one other power card from Omnitron's deck, it works pretty well, his base attack is good enough and the drones take 2 actions to do anything with.  The incap spawn is a lot of fun.  I banned EMP Drones.

peterrecore

So Proletariat takes damage for each copy that gets hit by an area attack?  That's rough.  I thought he was more like Omnitron, only taking damage once from a particular attack.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Omnitron is one target, proletariat is multiple targets.

However, it looke like you can choose to leave dice unblocked, which really strengthens Proletariat and his defensive powers.