The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Regular Skype meetups

420 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Have a game scheduled dor 8:00 central time on Google+ for anyone interested.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I have a three day weekend this week, so it should be a little easier for me to get in on some games.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I think I may be able to do one saturday evening, which would be sunday morning for you. Not positive about the exact time yet, but i'll probably post of the event when the day gets closer. Might even pull one friday, we'll see.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

I have a paper that I'm submitting to a conference that I need to finish.  In order for it to be a potential candidate for publication, it has to be finished by the 14th (I also should probably enroll for school since it starts next week. I want to use my leftover grants after graduating this semester...).  I'll probably be busy for the next four or five days.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Just input for a game to start in less than an hour for those who are interested. 8:00 central, which is -6 GMT.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

And 11:00 am for me.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Hello folks, I'm likely to be online around 9pm GMT if anyone is up for a game. I'll start a hangout around that time and see who wanders by!

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I'd be up for that.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Garou
Garou's picture
Playtester

I'll try to make it. Might be a few minutes late (as usual)

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Would've come, but I was asleep when you sent the invite.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

There's a game sarted right now!

edit: Well, Apostate looked like he was about to kick us into another dimension with eight relics coming out in the first two turns. Eternal Haka, Young Legacy, Fixer, and Tachyon were on the ropes with barely a scratch on the villain, when Haka's card drawing frenzy saved the day by bringing a rampage into hand. A few well timed Grease Guns, Ground Pounds, and Hypersonic Assaults kept the bogeyman at bay long enough for us to recharge through healing and to start whittling away at Apostates HP. We were in the Realm of Discord, which hadn't been altogether kind to us, when Time Flies came out and was immediately our best friend. A heavy take down with a 13 pt Haka of Battle + Taiaha combo was enough for Legacy to finish the job. Great game, and a totally unexpected turnaround from a dire situation!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I know I posted this on the Google+ community (this topic needs a name change!), but I think I won't be able to do many more Google+ hangouts with everyone. I'm back in college now, so that's gonna be taking up a lot of my time. Sorry guys! Maybe once I've got a break I can come back.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I might be around for a game in a couple of hours time, 9/10 pm GMT

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Mezike,

I might be able to make one tonight.

Paul

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I've just created a hangout and would be happy to play some time over the next few hours. I'm afraid I don't quite understand how the hangouts work, so am not if there's anything else I need to do in order to direct people to the hangout I made.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Sorry guys, I was al ittle busy today so i wasn't able to attend or even make any games today. Infact I have been busy the last few days (i'm not admiting to playing non-GTG games) but I would like to actually get a game going again tomorrow. I'll probably set it up for 2 p.m. central time (-6 GMT), but will be willing to put in multiple games and may be there for awhile as long as other people are there.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Maybe one day I'll actually be able to join in one of these again without it breaking my Internet :(.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

A game is starting in Google+ here in the next few minutes. Who's all interested?

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Ahh, I've spent the last couple of hours packing up parcels for eBay sales and completely missed this. Would have much preferred to have procrastinated for another night!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Have two games on Thursday Feb. 21st, one at 2:00 pm CST and the other at 7:00 pm CST on Google+. All are welcome to come join!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Anyone doing a game In the next couple of days?

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Apologies I could not hang aroound last night/yesterday afternoon, I hope to be around later if there's any interest in gaming c. 9pm GMT!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Gosh darn it. My wife hogged up the computer most of the day. If I would of known you would of been around I totally would of put up a game since you haven't been on much lately. I was taking today as a relaxing time since i've been playing some of them lately. Still be up for one tomorrow?

Mezike
Mezike's picture

ahh, I couldn't make it after all for similar reasons! I am up for something Friday night and will try to be online at a similar time.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Two games of Sentinels of the Mutliverse on Google+ today Friday, March 8. One will be at 3 p.m. central and the other at 7 p.m. central.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Here's to another pair of games on Saturday, March 9th at 2 pm and 7 pm cst. -6 GMT hours for those who would like to know that.

Aaron Stark

How do I join in on this?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

In my signature there is a link to the Google+ Community that you can join, then either you or someone else (usually me) can set an event that will list the time a game will be held at. That's about it.

Aaron Stark

I popped in for the 3:00ET one, but didn't see an event set up. :(

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Sadly I haven't been able to do any games this week, but I think I will be back to my gaming nature starting Monday. I can't say for sure as things may pop up to change it, but i'll know for sure when it hits Monday afternoon.

Aaron Stark

Whenever.  I'll just keep an eye out.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'll be running two Sentinels of the Multiverse games this evening, one being at 2:00 CST, while the other being at 7 CST. Hope to see you all there!

celette482

I'm in for the 2:00, though bear with me. It's my first time using Google+ hangout and I am notoriously bad at technology

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Having another game this afternoon at 2:30 CST on Google+. An evening game may arise aswell, just going to have to give it a few hours to make sure my schedule is clear for it.

celette482

I think I found this in the thread several pages back, but I'm also computer-illiterate (or at least very slow):

I've got a friend who's been playing sentinels all by herself because she can't find partners and I wanted to set up google+ games with her.C Could someone pm me the spreadsheet... plus instructions on how to do the document share on google+. Help a girl out.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/85440/mezikes-sotm-online-gaming-aid is where the spreadsheet is located.

When you're running the google hangouts on the left side there is a list of icons. One of which looks like a computer monitor with and arrow on it. Clicking that will bring up another window in which will show every window you currently have open also fullscreen, all you have to do is click the one with the spreadsheet and it's ready to go!

Also if you haven't already you could send her to the Google+ Community so she can join some of the nice folks there to play games with whenever she is avaliable. It's one of the reason why I play on there so much as I would otherwise play more games alone.

celette482

Yeah, I have suggested it, after playing with y'all yesterday, but I wanted to give her a more "I know the person I'm playing with" option too.

Thanks for the info!

Basarin

I just discovered this thread (and the game itself; only got it a bit ago), and this idea is awesome. Is this still going on and are there plans for any games coming up anytime soon?

celette482

A little update, my friend and I DID get a game in, though I think my version of excel is too old to run the spreadsheet properly. So after 30 minutes of crashing (on both sides, we're poor students and our laptops suffer for it) we adjusted our technique to a combo of Skype, the iphone app, and me treating the game like I was a color commentator on ESPN the Ocho. ("Oooooh, and after that mighty blow from Geb, the current hp totals for our heroes are Tachyon 20, Wraith, 17, Chrono-Ranger, 16, The Scholar, 17. Tachyon is sure loving that otherworldly resilience, don't you think Chuck?" Chuck being my imaginary co-host.)

Point is, the google+ hangout and excel spreadsheet combo works great for me... when someone else is running the excel spreadsheet. But, upshot is we did get to play.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Basarin wrote:

I just discovered this thread (and the game itself; only got it a bit ago), and this idea is awesome. Is this still going on and are there plans for any games coming up anytime soon?

Yeah, we'll still have plenty of games on the Google+ Hangouts. I don't think i'll be having a game today, but tomorrow i'll probably get a couple in.

celette482 wrote:

A little update, my friend and I DID get a game in, though I think my version of excel is too old to run the spreadsheet properly. So after 30 minutes of crashing (on both sides, we're poor students and our laptops suffer for it) we adjusted our technique to a combo of Skype, the iphone app, and me treating the game like I was a color commentator on ESPN the Ocho. ("Oooooh, and after that mighty blow from Geb, the current hp totals for our heroes are Tachyon 20, Wraith, 17, Chrono-Ranger, 16, The Scholar, 17. Tachyon is sure loving that otherworldly resilience, don't you think Chuck?" Chuck being my imaginary co-host.)Point is, the google+ hangout and excel spreadsheet combo works great for me... when someone else is running the excel spreadsheet. But, upshot is we did get to play.

That's how we played before Mezike had created the spreadsheet, with two people it isn't so bad, but when there become lots of people it becomes a little more complicated and lots of questions get asked. I believe we did type a bit to keep track of health and each person kept track of their own. At least you guys have figured out a way to play though so that's good.

Basarin

Nifty! Hopefully I can latch onto the next game that goes down. Would so be in for that.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Whoa, I'm offline for a few weeks and the online gaming community just balloons! Great to see so much going on. I really hope to be online for a game sometime over the Easter break, and will keep an eye on the google hangouts. I have been having a lot of fun with ST and cannot wait to see how everyone else puts the new heroes to work.

Celette I'll try to make a low-fi version of the spreadie, it should be possible to create something in .xls that has similar functionality if maybe not as slick. I also note that I got a bit carried away with all the new stuff in ST and listed every card instead of just the ones that stay in play @@

celette482

Mezike, I'd really appreciate it, though I'll come out and say that if I weren't such a cheapskate, your already designed system would be marvelous. I know so little about excel (the last "programming" I did was in 1999-holy cow, it really was) that I can't even begin to troubleshoot the problem.

But, you know, don't just do it because I'm cheap.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Games again, woohoo! The first being at the good ol' time of 2:00 pm CST and the second being 5 hours later at 7:00 pm CST. See you all later then!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Might just be able to make the one tonight ...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

celette482

ooh, I might be able to make it tonight as well. (as long as I'm not running the spreadsheet ;) )

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Two more games today at the same times, 2 pm CDT and 3 pm CDT. Though I wonder how many people will be busy with that International Tabletop day to make an appearance? I guess we'll find out.

Edit: Realized I was typing CST instead of CDT, curse you Daylight Savings time!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I'm around for the next couple of hours if anyone is up for a game!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Paul and I are still in the hangout that I had started at 2 pm CDT if you wanna join in there Mezike, we still have time for at least another game.

Indecision101

anyone know if it is possible to run the excel thing in openoffice?

Pages