The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Regular Indianapolis Meetups

517 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Grr... Not going to make it tonight. crying

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Rabit wrote:

Grr... Not going to make it tonight. crying

Blast. I was hoping to see you. It's been since GenCon.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ditto... Hope it went well, and maybe I'll be able to make one soon. frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

'Twas good times. We had six people. We started with two games, each against Cosmic Omnitron. Both lost. I have yet to beat Cosmic Omnitron.

We then played a six player (though not the F6) against Iron Legacy. We were _sure_ we were going to lose: Two heroes incapacitated and everyone else in low single digits after two rounds. Than we turned on the massive healing abilities of Argent Adept and The Tempest and worked our back, bit by bit. Epic victory!

Final game was four heroes, including all three playtest heroes against Voss. Tons of fun.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Maybe you can make it to the game tomorrow morning on Google+, and maybe we can try kicking some Cosmic Omnitron tail while we're at it?

Great work taking out Iron Legacy, he can sometimes be a pain if certain card combinations come out. But that can be said about any villian, eventhe original Baron Blade can occasionally pull in a victory if his cards play right.

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

'Twas good times. We had six people. We started with two games, each against Cosmic Omnitron. Both lost. I have yet to beat Cosmic Omnitron.We then played a six player (though not the F6) against Iron Legacy. We were _sure_ we were going to lose: Two heroes incapacitated and everyone else in low single digits after two rounds. Than we turned on the massive healing abilities of Argent Adept and The Tempest and worked our back, bit by bit. Epic victory!Final game was four heroes, including all three playtest heroes against Voss. Tons of fun.

Apparently I'm making a habit of showing up as the sixth wheel.

Thinking about the Iron Legacy game, I don't remember paying attention to nemeses.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Khedron wrote:

Apparently I'm making a habit of showing up as the sixth wheel.Thinking about the Iron Legacy game, I don't remember paying attention to nemeses.

I have a solution! Arrive earlier.

Good point about the nemeses.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Jhuntin1
Playtester

That's true, except for Argent Adept we would have all been dead at the end of Iron Legacy's second turn.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Looking forward to the January Indy meet ups. I just checked and SotM is on the schedule at Comic Carnival for Sun the 13th, as expected. Arsenal is even sooner, on Tue the 8th.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sentinels at Arsenal tomorrow/Tuesday at 6pm!

Anyone else planning to go?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I'll be there tonight, and at least 3 people will be joining me.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We had a good turnout tonight at Arsenal -- seven people.

John claimed he'd never lost a game. So we suggested playing Ennead. On advanced. In Rook City. Against only three heroes: Fanatic, Bunker, and NightMist.

John has now lost a game. Badly.

We moved on to Mad Bomber Blade and got beat pretty badly there, too. MBB had a horrific start -- three targets and multiple Hasten Dooms.

We really wanted a win after that so took on regular Baron Blade in Megalopolis. Much nicer.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Anyone else going to Comic Carnival on Sunday?

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

Anyone else going to Comic Carnival on Sunday?

I'm planning to be there.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We had another great meetup today -- five people at Comic Carnival. Because of comings and goings we did two four-hero games.

In the first we gave Spite the smackdown. I, uh, really felt like winning so I suggested Spite and then chose to play The Wraith. I'd read about how well The Wraith did against him. She did not dissappoint. Stun Bolt! Smoke Bombs!

In the second we had some people trying out new, complex heroes for the first time (NightMist and Argent Adept), so I steered us towards playing GloomWeaver so it wouldn't be too hard of a game. With Absolute Zero in the mix (lots of slow build heroes!) I decided to go for Ra so we'd have some immediate damage ability. It was a bit touch and go in the beginnig, but we eventually cleared the board and coasted to victory.

Next date is, as always, the second Sunday of the month at 1pm -- Feb 10th. I, however, will not be able to attend, as I'll be out of town ... on an awesome nerd cruise! http://jococruisecrazy.com/

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Reminder -- We're meeting at Arsenal this Tue at 6pm. Who's coming?

Reminder two -- We're meeting at Comic Carnival a week from today on Sun the 10th. I'll actually be out of town and miss that. Who won't?

There were six people at the Sentinels event at Game Preserve Fashion Mall Commons, so I've decided to ask that store to set up a regular time. I've asked for the first Sun of the month at 1pm. Does that sound good? In a way, it's redundant with the Comic Carnival meetup, but they won't be on the same weekends and if enough people are coming out to both, I see no reason not to.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I'll be making Arsonal, that's for sure.
And, for some reason, rich text editor doesn't work for me anymore (IE10, neither desktop nor metro).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

I should be at both the Arsenal and Comic Carnival meetings.

Jhuntin1
Playtester

I'll be at Arsenal tomorrow.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I'll definitely be at Arsenal tonight with my usual cadre.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

An impressive turnout at Arsenal tonight -- 13 people, with four games going simultaneously!

Towards the end of the evening I was in a hurry but another person was interested in playing against a villain on advanced. We decided to try Baron Blade on advanced. I must have done that at some point, but not in a LONG time. Wow does Blade go through cards quickly on advanced versus five people. We won! It was certainly a quick game. So quick we had enough time to try Mad Bomber Blade on advanced. We wont that one, too, but it seemed a bit touch and go for a bit.

First game of the night? Two hours defeating Gloomweaver. Second and third games took less than an hour total.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Anyone make it to Comic Carnival on Feb 10th?

I plan to be at GP FMC on Sun the 3rd and Arsenal on Tue the 5th. Probably won't make CC on Sun the 10th because that's during IndyCon.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I don't think anyone will be making it on February 10th, given that it's now February 21st.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:
Anyone make it to Comic Carnival on Feb 10th?

There were three of us there, and we got four games in.

I will be at The Game Preserve on the 3rd, and The Arsenal on the 5th.  I will be at IndyCon on the 10th, so I won't be able to make that one.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Who's planning on being at GP Fashion Mall Comics Sun afternoon? I met a couple guys at a game day today who had been planning on going!

Also, who's planning on Arsenal for Tue?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Four people at GP FMC today. Six people last month. I was the only person there both times ...

We ended the afternoon with Legacy, Ra, and Tempest against Advanced Chairman in Rook City. DID NOT WIN. Still fun!

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I may be there tonight, I don't know yet. I'm just outside Chattanooga right now, soon about to leave for Indianapolis.

Jhuntin1
Playtester

I may or may not be there tonight. It will all depend on what the weather does.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hate to do this, particularly given that I've got my Shattered Timelines decks all ready to go, but I'm going to skip tonight. There's just too much snow coming down.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, at least I don't feel quite as bad about not making it either. Given that many people aren't going, how about a makeup day next week on the 12th?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I do not forsee a makeup day, what with IndyCon, Who's Yer Con, and PAX in the next three weekends. Please don't let me dissuade others, though.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, if enough people say they will come, I'll come.  If not, I guess I'll just have to wait a month to see all you Arsonal guys.

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

TheJayMann wrote:

Well, if enough people say they will come, I'll come.  If not, I guess I'll just have to wait a month to see all you Arsonal guys.

The cons are only on the weekends, I'd be willing to go to the Arsenal next Tues.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Updated the top post with the next set of game days.

Missed the last Arsenal date because of expected poor weather and missed today's Comic Carnival date because of IndyCon. If anyone went to those, please give a shout.

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

Khedron wrote:

TheJayMann wrote:

The cons are only on the weekends, I'd be willing to go to the Arsenal next Tues.

Looks like I lied.  Apparently I already had a commitment this Tuesday that slipped my mind. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Arsenal. Tue. tomorrow. the 2nd. Who will be there?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Great turnout tonight -- ten people in three simultaneous games, all using playmats. Also had one iPad w/ Sentinels Sidekick.

My group won two nailbiters in a row -- first against The Dreamer and then against Miss Information. Mist Fueled Recovery for the win!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Gaming at GP Fashion Mall Commons.

Who's planning to be there?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Just four people at GP Fashion Mall Commons yesterday, but a good time nonetheless, and one attendee was new to the game. It was interesting teaching the game to someone who had downloaded and read the rules PDF already. He knew Absolute Zero's backstory better than me!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Light turnout at Comic Carnival today (three people), but a couple of really good games.

We defeated Iron Legacy with Argent Adept, Scholar, and Omnitron-X!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Friendly reminder -- Arsenal on Tue. Who's going?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I'll be there with bells on. I've also invited like half a dozen new people, so we'll see if they show.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*sigh* crying

I really wish I could make it, but I'll be working late and this week is insane. sad

'cuz I really wanna see imprimis5's bells...

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Rabit, something needs to give. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you since GenCon last year.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Well, you could go to Origins!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I only have enough vacation hours budgeted to do one convention, as much as I'd love to follow you across the world like a groupie. Lol

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

In case it matters at all, I'm already here.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Another great showing at Arsenal tonight -- ten people.

My group took on and defeated The Matriarch (Tachyon was the MVP) and then dismantled Gloomweaver after a more difficult than usual start (Cursed Acolyte, Relic, Pin, Pin)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Game Preserve Fashion Mall Commons at 1pm today. Anyone planning to be there?

I'm going to try to ride my bike. ~13 miles one way. Should be interesting.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

Game Preserve Fashion Mall Commons at 1pm today. Anyone planning to be there? I'm going to try to ride my bike. ~13 miles one way. Should be interesting.

The good news is I survied the bike ride there and back. Took an hour and ten minutes one way.

The bad news is that no one else showed up to play.

Is there anyone else who cares enough about this particular meetup to take over responsibility for organizing it? If not, I'm going to let it lapse.

Pages