The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Rate Tactics Characters According to Difficulty.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
BrotherDusk
BrotherDusk's picture
Rate Tactics Characters According to Difficulty.

As I prepare to go into my first few skirmish games with players brand new to the game, I thought information about the general difficulty of each character must be available somewhere.  After all, it was in the rule book for Sentinels of the Multiverse.  Strangely, it has been less available than I would have guessed.  Anyone have a link to such a ranking?  I did some cursory searches using the forum search function but wasn't able to come up with anything.

Random thoughts below:

One thing that I know makes characters instantly more accessible is the Mobility trait.

I thought Ra would be easy, but it turns out he has some of the more complex ranged and hazard attacks in the game. Needing to think about LOS, Range, and movement all at once means that player is juggling a lot of information.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I don't think there are official rankings, but I'll take a stab at it.

This is based solely on my impression of new players being able to handle playing the character competently, mostly the more complex the options are the higher they rank.

FYI: I think Wraith and Bunker are the best two characters to learn the game with:  Between the two they cover the whole gambit of mechanics really well.  I like to give a new player one, then have them play the other next.  If they understand both of them they are pretty well set.

Level 1:

Legacy

Bunker

Omnitron-V

Wraith 

Level 2:

Beacon

Unity

Operative

Tachyon

Ra

Citizen Dawn

Level 3:

Absolute Zero

Baron Blade

Visionary

Level 4:

Ambuscade

Proletariat

BrotherDusk
BrotherDusk's picture

Nice!  Thank you for the input.  I could only hypothesize about difficulty so much by looking at the cards and playing solo matchups, so you've really helped me out with the experiential knowledge. ;)