The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Quickie on Obsidian Field

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
awp832
Playtester
Quickie on Obsidian Field

Wording on this card is slightly different than others,  is it meant to be a requirement to get rid of it?  I ask because it says "must" instead of "may".    If this is the case,  is first player to act obligated to discard the 2 cards or can you wait until the last player for the turn?

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

You may choose to wait as long as you want to destroy Obsidian Field.  You could leave it out all game.  Any play may choose to discard two cards to get rid of it - the "must" indicates that two card must be discarded for Obsidian Field to be destroyed.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:
You may choose to wait as long as you want to destroy Obsidian Field.  You could leave it out all game.  Any play may choose to discard two cards to get rid of it - the "must" indicates that two card must be discarded for Obsidian Field to be destroyed.

And yet, on all other environment cards that have the same requirement for destruction, it's worded similar to "1 player may discard {insert number here} card(s) to destroy this card"

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!