The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A question, somewhat pointless but fun.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Veet
A question, somewhat pointless but fun.

So both Visionary and Tempest have cards that let them convert the damage from an attack to any type. Does this damage have to be a type that exists somewhere on a card already or can they make up any type of damage they want? Like can Tempest use his Elemental Sub-wave Inducer to inflict Care Bear Stare damage and hug the bad guys to death?

I know it's kind of a pointless question as the only application I can think of would be to force Omnitron into being immune to a type of damage that no one inflicts, but you never know how future cards might relate.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

awp832
Playtester

lol,  i wondered that when I first got the game, but if you look in your rulebook you'll see under "damage" that the types of damage in SotM are:

cold, energy, fire, infernal, lightning, melee, projectile, phychic, radiant, sonic, and toxic. 

You must choose one of these types. 

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

beevolant

Right now, none of the heroes make use of the infernal damage type, so that would be a good one to choose when needing to switch it up with Omnitron.

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

Veet

awp832 wrote:
lol,  i wondered that when I first got the game, but if you look in your rulebook you'll see under "damage" that the types of damage in SotM are:

cold, energy, fire, infernal, lightning, melee, projectile, phychic, radiant, sonic, and toxic. 

You must choose one of these types.

I had totally missed that list. Good to know it's there.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Don't really want to use infernal damage for Tempest's power though, considering it also has damage reduction on the type too.