The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Question regarding Wrath of the Cosmos pre-order.

89 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ebondragon
Question regarding Wrath of the Cosmos pre-order.

Just out of curiosity, I got my Wrath of the Cosmos pre-order yesterday and while everything looks great I was wondering if there were supposed to be large Villian cards in the mix?

If not, that's fine I'll just keep an eye out for when they hit the store normally.  I've just gotten so used to playing with them that it seems kinda odd to not have a set for the newcomers.  :)

P.S.  Guise looks totally awesome and I can't wait to play using him!  Thank you all for making such a kick-ass product!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

There were not supposed to be large villain cards.  The only set to include those was Vengeance - all others came from the large villain card pack.

If you like them, though, Spiff makes some pretty nifty double-sized villian cards that you can use.  Check out his stuff.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Ebondragon

Ah cool!  That totally answers my question.  Danke!  ^_^

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

jsz2 wrote:

There were not supposed to be large villain cards.  The only set to include those was Vengeance - all others came from the large villain card pack. If you like them, though, Spiff makes some pretty nifty double-sized villian cards that you can use.  Check out his stuff.

Do you have a  link to those?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

thompaine

On the BGG forums, Craig indicated that the upcoming oversized villians pack would be coming free to anyone who preordered WotC.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

thompaine wrote:

On the BGG forums, Craig indicated that the upcoming oversized villians pack would be coming free to anyone who preordered WotC.

Preordered WotC or VotM?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Paul said they were only free to those who ordered them a while back.
https://greaterthangames.com/comment/94875#comment-94875

I mean, I wish my pre-order of WotC qualified me, but that's quite a lot of free oversize villians (over 5,000!).

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

thompaine

That is a lot of free villains, but that's what was stated.  Although I notice that the specific post I linked to is now gone, so maybe they're walking that back.  You can still see his post within other people's back-quotes in the BGG thread.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

thompaine wrote:

That post was based on a misunderstanding on my part. It's been deleted.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

So Craig, how are you enjoying your new job?

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

I can't remember; I have the oversize villian pack that I snagged of eBay (a very lucky find, I might add) which includes all the current villains, save WotC and Wager Master of course. It still has the old Matriarch wording. Was there ever a pack that updated that?

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

durgess

Should I be concerned if I still haven't gotten my preorder?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

durgess wrote:

Should I be concerned if I still haven't gotten my preorder?

That depends on where in the world you live. If you're in the US or Canada, send me an email to . If you're somewhere outside of that, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

MightySi
MightySi's picture

Craig wrote:

That depends on where in the world you live. If you're in the US or Canada, send me an email to craig@greaterthangames.com. If you're somewhere outside of that, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

So when should we worry? Considering that overseas users paid as much for the shipping as we did for the game itself, it would be nice to not be dismissed like that.

I haven't had a shipping notification or anything, I dont know if its shipped, still in your US warehouse, stuck in transit somewhere and I have now seen people on the twitter saying they have bought the Omnitron pack at thier FLGS and stores getting thier shipping boxes. Overseas pre-orders should still be PRE-orders.

Sorry to sound grumpy about it, and I certainly don't mean to come across as a dick, but it is a little irksome.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

It would be nice to know what's going on...

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Looks like at this point I could get stuff quicker by ordering from a US store myself. That makes me sad.

Damn it, Ronway!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Craig wrote:
If you're somewhere outside of that, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Why not? Why shouldn't we be worried? You're making me worry!

EDIT: Damn Ninjas making serious points...

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Matchstickman wrote:
Craig wrote:
If you're somewhere outside of that, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Why not? Why shouldn't we be worried? You're making me worry! EDIT: Damn Ninjas making serious points...

I did serious. I hope you're paying attention.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

They stated elsewhere that they are waiting on France before they can ship.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

phantaskippy wrote:

They stated elsewhere that they are waiting on France before they can ship.

Sure, but what's happening with that? And why does France affect everyone else anyway?

Damn it, Ronway!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I read it (and can't find it now to verify thanks to Pydro's nooby thread snipping) as they WERE waiting on that but that had now passed. I could be wrong but I can't find it to check.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You mean this comment in a thread about WCos shipping?
https://greaterthangames.com/comment/95080#comment-95080

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Most likely shipping them all at once, then distribution is being handled over there, maybe shipping to France?

MightySi
MightySi's picture

Im not a frequent forum-er, so I tend to miss a lot of what said in threads on here.

Last email I had from them (to confirm the shipping address, leading me to believe it was actually, ya know, shipping) was in November.

EDIT : Thanks for the link, Pydro.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

You mean this comment in a thread about WCos shipping?
https://greaterthangames.com/comment/95080#comment-95080

That's the one. (I went to the France thread to see where you had snipped it from, but there's no link in your snip's Pydro)

I read the "They've taken" as "We've got them now" not a "We're still waiting".

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

MightySi wrote:

Im not a frequent forum-er, so I tend to miss a lot of what said in threads on here.

Although I haven't been on them in a couple years now, one of the features of the Blizzard forums that was nice was the "Blue Tracker" which made it easy for people to see a list of official Blizzard Employee posts.  I don't know if the forum software that GTG uses has that option or not, but if it's easy to do, that would probably be helpful for forum-goers who don't visit all that often.

MightySi
MightySi's picture

So with the next pre-order thats being announced on Monday, can we get the non-US orders sent out *first* so everyone gets them at the same sort of time and shops don't get the game before folks who supported GTG with a pre-order?

MightySi
MightySi's picture

EdgeDS wrote:

Although I haven't been on them in a couple years now, one of the features of the Blizzard forums that was nice was the "Blue Tracker" which made it easy for people to see a list of official Blizzard Employee posts.  I don't know if the forum software that GTG uses has that option or not, but if it's easy to do, that would probably be helpful for forum-goers who don't visit all that often.

Yes, DevTracker forums are soooooooo helpful!! :D

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

EdgeDS wrote:

MightySi wrote:

Yes, that would be nice.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Mezike
Mezike's picture

It really would be nice to have an official line on exactly what is going on or has gone on. Normally they just come individually via Fedex so holdups with French customs shouldn't have made a bean of difference. Unless they are trying something new with shipping via a consolidated distributor, after all there was an intimation somewhere from Paul that there might be a cheaper method of shipping to the EU in the future (don't ask me to link it as I haven't a clue where it is). And a bulk load went off to Esdevium before even the US stuff started shipping. If they are trying something new then it would have been cool for us to have known beforehand, if it's business as usual then... what the heck?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

EdgeDS wrote:

MightySi wrote:

Eh. I much prefer that the mods, admins and everyone else have the same colour text as us, and when they need to step in they use their funky coloured text. They're just as fallible as us and giving them blue text lends undue credence to everything they say.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Matchstickman wrote:

Eh. I much prefer that the mods, admins and everyone else have the same colour text as us, and when they need to step in they use their funky coloured text. They're just as fallible as us and giving them blue text lends undue credence to everything they say.

Good god, yes, it's not like they need any more encouragement. I've heard that all that swivel chair fun makes the blood rush to the head.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Agreed! We all need to stick with the standard color.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

EdgeDS wrote:
 MightySi wrote:

The tracker was just a way to see all the admin posts in one stream, rather than having to go hunt for them.  The text color was incidental.  Also, while I agree on the mods...the admins, when talking about their business and game, really shouldn't be as fallible as the rest of us.

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

MightySi wrote:

Craig wrote:

That depends on where in the world you live. If you're in the US or Canada, send me an email to craig@greaterthangames.com. If you're somewhere outside of that, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

So when should we worry? Considering that overseas users paid as much for the shipping as we did for the game itself, it would be nice to not be dismissed like that.I haven't had a shipping notification or anything, I dont know if its shipped, still in your US warehouse, stuck in transit somewhere and I have now seen people on the twitter saying they have bought the Omnitron pack at thier FLGS and stores getting thier shipping boxes. Overseas pre-orders should still be PRE-orders.Sorry to sound grumpy about it, and I certainly don't mean to come across as a dick, but it is a little irksome.

To be honest I'm in canada and got mine just yesterday at the same time as the local store. Well even the store owner was surprised to get his stuff on the same day as the pre-orders. I believe the feeling of I should get it before those who didn't preorder it is legitimate. It might be petty in some ways but it still is legitimate. Like I said earlier to not hold up to that is to bite the hand that feeds and could hurt in ulterior pre-orders especially if they don't acknowledge how some would feel cheated.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Due to the way we are shipping to the EU, they all have to go at once. That ensures that we're saving everyone money. Which is why we had to wait for France.

As far as the next preorder goes, I believe the plan is to go in reverse order from this one. EU, other international, Canada, US. But don't quote me on that.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Craig wrote:

Due to the way we are shipping to the EU, they all have to go at once. That ensures that we're saving everyone money. Which is why we had to wait for France.As far as the next preorder goes, I believe the plan is to go in reverse order from this one. EU, other international, Canada, US. But don't quote me on that.

Whoops! Finger slipped.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

Thanks for the answer Craig its appreciated

MightySi
MightySi's picture

Thanks for the heads up Craig. So what is the expected delivery date for EU peeps?

Edit : Never mind, I just read my email. They are not going to be sent out for another two weeks.

I do appriciate the situation and the response, fingers crossed that next Villains Unleashed goes smoother all around, but I don't see us getting Wrath before March.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

That's unfortunate.  I appreciate shipping EU stuff first for the next pre-order.  I'm interested in and excited by the new expansion, but my enthusiasm is a little dampened by not having the current expansion yet.  (I'd probably feel better if I hadn't decided to save shipping on Sentinels Tactics and have the main game and expansion shipping delayed until the map pack add-ons were ready.  So much pre-ordered stuff unreceived!)

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

New expansion hasn't even hit playtest yet.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I don't have an email, because someone preordered for me.

Can someone post it here please? I'd like to know what's going on.

Damn it, Ronway!

MightySi
MightySi's picture

Email from Paul below...

"Greetings!

I would like to apologize to all of you for the delay in shipping Wrath of the Cosmos preorders to EU backers.   For the past several months, we have been working with FedEx and some European shipping companies to set up a more efficient and cost-effective method of importing and sending games to the EU. The simplified version of how this will work is that we will ship everything to the EU in bulk, pay taxes and import duties once at the point of entry, and then have the individual parcels sent out throughout Europe. This will ensure that all of you receive your items without having to pay any taxes or duties.   One of the key parts of this setup is that we will be handling EU customs clearance ourselves instead of relying on FedEx or another company, which means that we need a VAT number somewhere in the EU. Because of how we are setting this up, it happens that we are getting a VAT number in France. We have been waiting for this number for months, with regular assurances that we would be getting it by the end of 2014. As you might have guessed, we still do not have a VAT number. As of Monday I was told that we would have it "by the end of next week".   In summary, in order to ship these orders EU friendly, they are delayed until we receive a VAT number from the French government. As soon as we do, we will be sending them out. I definitely realize that this is frustrating. There is nothing we can do to speed it up at this point, but we have decided that, as a small token of our appreciation for your patience with this order, for our next pre-order shipment we will ship to EU backers before anyone else, including US customers.   I apologize again for the delay, and will keep you all informed as more information comes in. At this point, I anticipate sending your orders within the next two weeks."
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Okay. That sucks. I know it's not your fault >G, but, man. Feels like it's been FOREVER already, and it's difficult knowing so many people have been enjoying it already.

Big disappointment.

Damn it, Ronway!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Working for a French company as I do this'll probably go on for more than another two weeks :( Then we have the delays in freight forwarding. Roll on March... never mind though, it'll get here when it gets here.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Urgh. What's the problem, France?

Damn it, Ronway!

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

I blame Ronway.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

pwatson1974 wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

I blame Ronway.

I concur.

Damn it, Ronway!

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

As someone based in the US...I totally agree that EU orders should go first next time. They have so much further to travel, and all of the duties really hang things up even more (hanging "duties?" teehee). I'm fine delaying mine to make sure they at least are on the WAY across the ocean to those other fine fans of the game!

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

much0gust0 wrote:

As someone based in the US...I totally agree that EU orders should go first next time. They have so much further to travel, and all of the duties really hang things up even more (hanging "duties?" teehee). I'm fine delaying mine to make sure they at least are on the WAY across the ocean to those other fine fans of the game!

Agreed.

...yeah, me too.

Pages