The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

[Question answered in post]

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester
[Question answered in post]

From 1:33:45 of a recent Tactics stream from PAX, there was what seemed(?) like a new ad for the video game.  (Maybe it is actually not new; I always tended to skip the gaps between matches previously, so I wouldn't have seen it if it was shown before.)  The ad had voice acting for Baron Blade, something I've never heard before.  It was quite heavily accented.  There was also some new art, showing Baron Blade looking at a hologram of his moonfall plan, showing estimated casualties of 5.8 billion people.  Anyway, it made me wonder if there's going to be voice acting added to the game, whether in general (maybe for the "flavorQuotes" value seen here?) or just for the eventual campaign mode.  Maybe extra cutscenes too, given the new art.  Very exciting!

Baron Blade's voice-acted dialogue was as follows: "You claim you fight for freedom, but yours is a legacy of destruction, a legacy of death.  It matters not who you surround yourself with, Mr. Parsons.  No nations, no heroes, no sentinels you can assemble can hope to stand in the face of the inevitable.  The moon is a constant reminder of the passage of time.  Is it not fitting that now the end of your time is also the end of the moon's time?  I will leave your world in ruins!  Whatever remains will be mine."

Pulseglazer
Playtester

Ummm, campaign mode???

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

It's actually one of the earlier trailers for the game, you can even find it on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CjyGYhV6B8 

I think it was made to advertise the game, not so much hinting at features it intends to implement.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

I think it's been mentioned that an in-game story campaign is going to happen eventually?  Or maybe that was just wishful thinking that I've transformed into a memory.  wink

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Well now I feel stupid.  Thanks, Ronway!  :)

(I honestly don't know how I missed that, though.  I thought I'd watched everything on the Handelabra channel.)

Pulseglazer
Playtester

Any confirmation or denial  on this campaign mode?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I know they have at least said they would like to add a Campaign mode as a feature, I cannot recall if they have confirmed it will be a feature or not.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We are planning to do a campaign mode at some point, but it's not high on the list compared to things like multiplayer.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

How would a campaign mode work in a card game that doesn't use customizable decks? Would it just be a series of scenario battles?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Or something like the Living Campaign.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Living campaign?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Some events that have been run on the forums, where the results of the previous round determine which scenario is next and the specifics of that scenario. Not only is win/loss is important, but so is the final hp of each character, and even scenario specific goals. Like how many Mega Computers were in play at the end, were you able to beat someone without destroying X, things like that.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Huh... Something like that could be interesting.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I ran one for a while where the wins and losses changed the storyline, it was based around the time cataclysm so there was a ton of flexibility.  Writing all the possible trees was ridiculous, I don't think I finished it.