The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Question about Multi-target attacks with Tokens

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
SuperGreen
SuperGreen's picture
Question about Multi-target attacks with Tokens

Hello everybody.

Now, I know that when using an attack that hits multiple targets, any tokens (like aim and attack+1) only apply to one target. My question is, how exactly does that work? For example, if I Use 3 attack+1 tokens and an aim token, and use Bunker's Grenade Launcher and it hits 2 people, one of those people is getting hit with 4 dice and the other is getting hit with 7 with all the die getting converted to the highest (after removing auto misses of course). So if I want to resolve the aimed, higher dice pool attack first( I am assuming that since it is my turn I can choose wich target gets hit first?) how does that seccond one work? Do I just re-roll 4 dice for the seccond target or do I have to keep track of what die was what and wich ones were the token dice and all that?

Not sure if I missed something that explains this better or not. It game up in a game last night and we just had the guy re-roll 4 dice because it seemed  much easier, but then I thought I read somewhere that the same dice roll was used for all targets of an aoe attack. Any clarification anyone could bring would be awesome.

Thanks.

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

SuperGreen wrote:

Hello everybody.Now, I know that when using an attack that hits multiple targets, any tokens (like aim and attack+1) only apply to one target. My question is, how exactly does that work? For example, if I Use 3 attack+1 tokens and an aim token, and use Bunker's Grenade Launcher and it hits 2 people, one of those people is getting hit with 4 dice and the other is getting hit with 7 with all the die getting converted to the highest (after removing auto misses of course). So if I want to resolve the aimed, higher dice pool attack first( I am assuming that since it is my turn I can choose wich target gets hit first?) how does that seccond one work? Do I just re-roll 4 dice for the seccond target or do I have to keep track of what die was what and wich ones were the token dice and all that?Not sure if I missed something that explains this better or not. It game up in a game last night and we just had the guy re-roll 4 dice because it seemed  much easier, but then I thought I read somewhere that the same dice roll was used for all targets of an aoe attack. Any clarification anyone could bring would be awesome.Thanks.

So let's say you're using Grenade Launcher (automiss 1,2) against Ra and Legacy. You have an Aim token and 3 +1 attack tokens. Before the attack roll, you say you're aiming at Ra. You then roll 1,3,5,6. Now you can spend +1 attack tokens. You decide to spend 2 at Ra and 1 at Legacy. Against Ra you get 2,4 and against Legacy you get 3. Then you remove Automisses.

Ra has to defend against 3,4,5,6 aimed, so effectively 6,6,6,6. Legacy has to defend against 3,3,5,6. (Note that this example ignored the whole range part of calculating, since it wasn't in question.) Generally for bookkeeping aimed multi-target attacks, instead of physically flipping the dice, we put the aim token with the dice to remind us to treat those dice as the highest die result.

SuperGreen
SuperGreen's picture

Ah ok thanks that makes more sense now