The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Question about Dmage bonuses

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Conscience
Playtester
Question about Dmage bonuses

In our game tonight we ran into an interesting question regarding cards that increase damage.

If a card increases the damage of another card does it increase all the damage by 1 or does it increase each type of damage?

The situation we ran into was Legacy's power increasing all Hero damage and Fanatics power that causes 1 Melee and 1 Radiant damage.

Does it cause 2 Melee and 2 Radiant or does it cause 1 Melee and 1 Radiant and 1 additional?

Just was wondering as it was not very clear to us.

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

Hedge

Already Anwered Here.

The Conscience
Playtester

Hedge wrote:
Already Anwered Here.

Thanks, I guess I should have searched a little better before asking the question.

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

No problem, glad we had an answer ready for you :D

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Seeing as how this question has been asked more frequently than all others (except for the ones that have been asked as frequently), this seems deserving of an FAQ entry, especially has it has been asked more frequently than a couple other FAQ entries in the list.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

It's likely that will happen - 2/3 of us are at PAX right now, soon to be 3/3, but after the weekend we'll probably move that.

Hedge

No Wonder We have been having such Problems with Citizen Dawn.  When you Apply Damage Modifiers like that with Haka( +1 for each card from Savage Mana) it is real easy to get damage up there. Perhaps you could give a few more examples in the FAQ,

Hedge

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Hedge, my understanding is that if it says, "# damage per [whatever]," they are each a separate attack, and therefore subject to stacking bonuses/penalties. If it says, "X damage, where X = [whatever]," then it's just one attack, and you may only apply modifiers once.

Grinnell College 2016

Hedge

SlenderTroll wrote:
Hedge, my understanding is that if it says, "# damage per [whatever]," they are each a separate attack, and therefore subject to stacking bonuses/penalties. If it says, "X damage, where X = [whatever]," then it's just one attack, and you may only apply modifiers once.

I was not aware that Haka was all seperate as the two example given are worded differently, I was wanting to know if there was any other cards that were similar , but were written differently. The only reason is I would not have thought that Haka was Seperate instance, so I may think the same thing with others.

Hedge

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I've added 3 more examples to the FAQ: two in which the damage as a whole is increased and one in which each instance of damage is increased. Hopefully this makes it more clear.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

WriterRyan, you get 10 points.  This was the thing I was going to do when I get back, and instead, I find a fantastic FAQ already done with solid, well-worded examples.

You get a 20% raise.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*pulls out calculator*

1.2 x $0.00 = $0.00

Huh. That can't be right...  :P

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.