The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Q. Rule -Target slow Power

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
erik78
Q. Rule -Target slow Power

Whan playing power cards. Do you have to target them when you play em or can you freestyle ? 

Example. I have an idea if what a slow power will do, and i target it to a certain land. Then stuff happens during fast p - and invader phase. Now when slow Powers take effect, they dont have any value in the land i intendet to target it,  cause the scenario has changed. Can i then change the target of my slow power to take effect in another land, as long as i follow the range / and Target rules.  Or does the power just loose it´s effect in this turn ? Reading the rulebook i am thinking the answer to this question is NO. But i´m wondering, it kind of makes a big differance if Slow powers can be "redirected" dursing slow Power phase. It is a much easier game. 

Thanks

erik78

a

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

With slow powers you can alter your initial plans with them.   Only piece that matters is that it’s still a valid target for your slow power/card.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

carnilius
Playtester

The easier way to think about it is that powers do not have a target until you use them, even if you have plans for how you might use them.  That way you can play powers without worrying about if they have a target yet but know they are likely to help and give you needed elements.  Also lets you coordinate with other Spirits after you've already played powers, but before they're used.

erik78

Yes, Delicious. This is the exact way i have understood and been playing it. but then some doubt crept inn and i was wondering, so good to check n now its clear, Thanks a bunch guys.