The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Publishers’ Note #2

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Publishers’ Note #2

We didn't scare Paul away after the first time.    Do better people

https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/publishers-note-2

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Okay, hold the phone.

HOLY CRAP PAUL

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING THIS MELLIFLUOUS SINGING VOICE FROM US?

Petition for Paul to produce an album of a capella 19th century drinking songs. He is clearly an accomplished folk singer and I want more!

Now back to your regularly-scheduled stream-of-consciousness reaction notes.

Trevor is the hero we need. :D

I love the crossed-out "Sentinels Comics Lore" topic under questions. That will never get old. XD

Never thought I'd hear Zaboomafoo referenced on the Letters Page. >.>

And I like Paul's assessment of that one question as "the Andiest question ever".

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I was just blown over by the alternate alternate history.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I'm trying to figure out why I thought Jagged Earth was the end of Spirit Island expansions. Maybe it was the full doubling in number of spirits, or maybe the add-on of the box insert to hold everything. (Now I'm glad I didn't get that insert!) I would certainly be happy if Spirit Island was done, given the sheer size and number of gameplay options of the game at this point, but it's also exciting to hear that it's got some more content plotted out ahead of it. Rabit's question was a good one to come after mine.

But seriously, the current expansions are the representative sizes for future Spirit Island expansions? So, the multiple planned expansions for a game that's already Scythe-sized will be either "huge" or "ginormous?" Adam's not the only one with a ton more art to draw!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

TakeWalker wrote:
Okay, hold the phone.
HOLY CRAP PAUL
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING THIS MELLIFLUOUS SINGING VOICE FROM US?
Petition for Paul to produce an album of a capella 19th century drinking songs. He is clearly an accomplished folk singer and I want more!

Right?! I was like damn, I didn't know Paul could sing and he is gooooooood; now I want more. :D

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Trajector wrote:
I would certainly be happy if Spirit Island was done, given the sheer size and number of gameplay options of the game at this point, but it's also exciting to hear that it's got some more content plotted out ahead of it.

Yeah, I've been debating if I want to get any additional expansions. :-( I love the game, but it doesn't hit the table enough to feel like I've played the current spirits much, let alone adding even more choices! :-\

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Whatever the next expansion is I'm kind of hoping for more less complex spirits as Jagged Earth had no easy ones.   Which means if you are introducing the game to six new players you don't have have an easy complexity option for them all.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Whatever the next expansion is I'm kind of hoping for more less complex spirits as Jagged Earth had no easy ones.   Which means if you are introducing the game to six new players you don't have have an easy complexity option for them all.

Agreed! :-D

(I know Powerhound already saw it, but for everyone else: This was shared with Eric in the playtester discord. We'll see what he says...)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Godai
Godai's picture

True story, Paul legitimately had me fooled with his Armored Phoenix reveal. I was gleefully excited for this, and then bam! Rug pulled out again. 

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

The Edutainment show with Captain Cosmic teaching about the solar system makes me think of the teaching segment at the end of Silver Hawks
Larry Kenny new voice actor for Captain Cosmic

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Godai wrote:
True story, Paul legitimately had me fooled with his Armored Phoenix reveal. I was gleefully excited for this, and then bam! Rug pulled out again. 

He had me going, too. XD