The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Publisher’s Note #3

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Publisher’s Note #3

Wait they actually answer Sentinels lore questions?

https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/publishers-note-3

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The Letters Page Podcast: HIPPA compliant since 2017!

Wow, that was a long string of... stuff near the end there! :O I need to go back and listen to it again!

I wish Christopher had posted the map. :(

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We actually received permission to share screenshots, so here are a couple (although they aren't great quality): 

First Image

Second Image

Reminder, though: This is the map for the SC RPG timeline, post-OblivAeon reconstruction. (So nothing like the Miststorm Universe's. ;-)  

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Found some images that might look better...

Third

Fourth

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Kid Radical

Oh hooray, the most ridiculous question I will probably ever ask got into this one.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

TakeWalker wrote:
The Letters Page Podcast: HIPPA compliant since 2017!
Wow, that was a long string of... stuff near the end there! :O I need to go back and listen to it again!
I wish Christopher had posted the map. :(

I was equally kind of surprised the map wasn't in the show notes, though as Rabit noted there are screenies.

If by "stuff" you mean all the post-OblivAeon comic titles and summaries, Christopher was nice enough to provide the actual document so they should be verbatim in WT's eventual summary notes.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Thanks, Rabit. :D It's fascinating to go look at Google Maps and see what's actually being replaced by the city. Which is at the easternmost point of Pennsylvania, interestingly enough, right where it pokes into New Jersey.

Major kudos for that question, Kid Radical. XD

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

You know in retrospect TakeWalker I'm surprised you're not more excited that Fashion got upgraded to solo book main character material.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Oh... that's what you meant Rabit... Oh

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Jeysie wrote:
You know in retrospect TakeWalker I'm surprised you're not more excited that Fashion got upgraded to solo book main character material.

I kinda overloaded too much to gather my thoughts in the specific, but you better believe I soaked every word of that blessed reveal into my soul.

Heck Arataki, Fashion is where the real character drama is. :D

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

So, Rook City is (sort of) Philadelphia...

Why am I now envisioning The Gang from "It's Always Sunny..." getting involved with The Organization?  

Godai
Godai's picture

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
So, Rook City is (sort of) Philadelphia...
Why am I now envisioning The Gang from "It's Always Sunny..." getting involved with The Organization?  

Looking at that map, it’s more accurate to say Rook City is Trenton, New Jersey. That seems worse, right?

PlatinumWarlock

Levittown, too, is right close.  Rook City definitely has its Rust Belt roots situated... 

Kid Radical

Also, discussing Casanova as a David Bowie analog and then positing the story as him eventually teaming up with his Xtreme counterpart 100% made me think of the 90s David Bowie collaborations with Nine Inch Nails

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

I have heard that David Bowie went on to lead The Guild of Calamitous Intent in the 20 teens

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

OH SHOOT.

I lived in Ravenwood for 3 years, apparently...

Placing Rook City right near Trenton is kind of funny from the perspective of tying in to Legacy's backstory. If you look at a map of the real area, you'll notice that across the river from Trenton is the town of Washington Crossing -- as in Washington crossing the Delaware to go fight the Battle of Trenton.

PlatinumWarlock

Sea-Envy wrote:
I have heard that David Bowie went on to lead The Guild of Calamitous Intent in the 20 teens

Not quite....just a look-alike...