The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Proletariat's push

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
payprplayn
Proletariat's push

Does The people's hammer need to deal damage to push?  If not, does it need to make range?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It only needs to be able to target them legally.  If it does after the damage (or lack of damage) resolves push them.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Is push mandatory?  If I hit someone with Proletariat, do I HAVE to push them or can I decide not to?

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

As long as you are in melee range, regardless of whether or not the dice make range (maybe due to elevation), the push would occur at the end of the attack. That's how I've played it. However, the rulebook says that Push attacks "move a target hit by this attack that number of hexes", so it's very possible that the Push is dependant on damage taken if you read this literally.

I believe that Push is mandatory. It does not say "up to" and the glossary says it's a "forced" movement "that number of hexes". 

Maybe Paul will chime in on this. I'd be interested in his answer.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

During one of the tournaments, they ruled it was "up to", but that might have been a mistake. frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Well, you can make any push beyond 1 end on the original space if you move people the right way

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Official Rule Time!

1) Push is not optional, and must be the number specified in the ability; i.e., "Push 3" must always Push the target 3 hexes, not 1 or 2. However, as Humble-Knight mentioned, you can make any Push beyond 1 end on the original space if you move people the right way.

2) Push is separate from damage. If Proletariat attacks a target and deals no damage, that target is still Pushed.

3) Characters are immune to the effects of their attacks. This includes damage, which is the most common case, as well as effects like Push. TL;DR - Proletariat cannot Push Proletariat.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Thanks, Paul!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks, Paul

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Shiny - many thanks, Paul! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)