The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Post Oblivaeon Spoilers Here Only!

288 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Post Oblivaeon Spoilers Here Only!

See above.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Spoiler

I am excited to see the physical cards.

/Spoiler

When you say post, do you mean "after"? Should I type spoilers relating to things that happen in films after OblivAeon is released here?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yep

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The game comes in a box and has lots of cards cheeky

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

That box, in particular, caused a lot of complaints in the minds of certain individuals.

Powerhound_2000

That’s a different box.  That box only contains one card that is the best variant.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

And scorpions...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Rabit wrote:

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

And scorpions... (*)

*scorpion-handling tongs not included.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So it's a boo-box?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Ru

Fi

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Actually, now that I am thinking about this, having everything said in one thread, questions and comments might be a bit much. I am thinking about making a thread for each deck, that you can post (and only post there) spoilers. Thoughts before I do this?

PlatinumWarlock

Maybe one thread for Oblivaeon content, one for the new heroes, and one for the new environments?

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

It’s arrived, redacted was Voss, and he pulls a Dr Doom when Oblivaeon is destroyed and carries on the fight with him wielding Oblivaeons powers.

Edit:

images

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/8750/gegKlP.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/1905/3RUW1F.jpg

Roger the Alien

Very interesting, thank you for the information. 

oddrob13

We need card text spoilers!

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

If I get around to it I’ll post some tomorrow, I have to head to work soon.

In terms of the box, its very sturdy and does have enough room for premium sleeved cards, you may have to put some decks into the oversized cards and tokens drawer however to get it all to fit.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Oooooh someone has their Oblivaeon! Yay! It's arriving! :D

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Powerhound_2000

Christopher gave me permission to share a joke card we got during playtesting for Luminary https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3ima2ndt54bz7b/Luminary.jpg?dl=0

Hankroyd

I love that card. :)

liarliar
liarliar's picture

Redacted was Voss! Called it! Out of interest, what’s his scion name?

Aaaaah this is so exciting, I can’t wait to see more about what’s in there. I really want to see more about Luminary :D

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

His scion name is his full name, Ranek Kel’Voss

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

liarliar wrote:

Redacted was Voss! Called it! Out of interest, what’s his scion name?Aaaaah this is so exciting, I can’t wait to see more about what’s in there. I really want to see more about Luminary :D

Luminary's deck is filled with devices and cards that find devices and discard from the top of his deck, Devices come in two variants, normal devices that either have an effect and/or a power and Doomsday Devices that have powerful effects but can only activate if he has 15 or more cards in his trash and usually shuffle the trash into the deck.

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

Given that cards tend to have unique titles, what are Char, Highbrow, and Radioactivist called in Fort Adamant?

Powerhound_2000

Codename: <insert name>

PlatinumWarlock

So, can we get a list of Missions, preferably with a general "schtick" of how to succeed them, and the respective reward for completing each?

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

Dang.  My money was on the All-Seeing Alzrabar, because the purple energy seemed to be a perfect match.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

The best thing about OblivAeon (IMO), Luminary's flavour text. There are 3 cards in his deck that show the "story" of an idea to implementation, I love it!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

So while I am not one of the fortunate people getting the actual game, I am a total spoiler sponge, so random thoughts from stuff I've seen so far:

The Void Slave card in the Nexus of the Void deck still elicits a NOOOOOO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME reaction from me. D: D: That one should particularly interest you, PlatinumWarlock.

Everything about Luminary's deck is great. He's basically achieved peak mad scientist and I love it.

Akash'Thriya has a number of amazingly boss cards.

The Bottom of the 9th card in the Champion Studios deck is pure hilarity.

Everything about the Form the Mecha-Knight card and its flipside is the best thing ever. Now I want to know who the other person making sound effects was (since I just know Idealist had to be one).

Everything about Nixious is wicked creepy af.

Seraph is awesome. He pretty much has the paladin vibe I wish Fanatic had.

Harpy is totally badass and peak style to boot.

Highbrow is also wicked creepy.

Heartbreaker complaining how Stuntman is being annoyingly flashy in how he fights is best.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

oddrob13

Where else are people talking about it? I’ve checked reddit and here, but I have to know more about Luminary’s deck.

Ironic Fist

I'm really impressed with it.

The box is a lot better than I thought it'd be, it's very sturdy and looks fantastic. It weighs an absolute ton when it has everything in it though, it's definitely not something you'd want to be moving around a lot.

The mission decks are incredible, really good job on them, they really give an epic feel to the battle.

The Ranek Kel’Voss appearance, and how he works, was a major surprise to me (I avoided all spoilers coming in), as were some of the cameo appearances from other heros as rewards.

I love the new hero deck mechanics, I can't even single out one as all of them have something to recommend them. I can already see that they're all going to get a lot of table time.

Kudos to Adam in particular, the artwork is sensational throughout.

The one and only disappointment to me, and it's a minor one, is that the comic book is a lot thinner than I thought it'd be.

Thumbs up to everyone involved in the making of it.

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

oddrob13 wrote:

Where else are people talking about it? I’ve checked reddit and here, but I have to know more about Luminary’s deck.

There's a spoilers channel on the Discord (appropriately named Realm of Discord).

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Matchstickman wrote:

The best thing about OblivAeon (IMO), Luminary's flavour text. There are 3 cards in his deck that show the "story" of an idea to implementation, I love it!

If my memory serves me correctly, this was a clear highlight for me as well. His deck is laugh out loud kinda funny. 

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Yeah, one of my personal favorite pieces of art in the expansion is Luminary trying to explain to Tachyon and Unity the merits of pulling the moon into OblivAeon, and between exhaustion/bordeom/annoyance they just don't want to hear any of it.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ironic Fist wrote:

It weighs an absolute ton when it has everything in it 

Curious: Any idea how much it actually weighs? I'm planning on getting a carrying strap, and want to make sure I get one that's approriately strong... smiley

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

I'd be curious for the same information, especially if the weight includes The Cauldron in its dimensions.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

I’d place an estimate at about 12-15 kg, well within my lifting limit but not something I’d move long distances by hand.

EDIT: And because people want to see it https://imageshack.com/a/img922/4792/oNVpop.jpg

I won’t be posting the flip side myself, some secrets deserve to be kept.

PlatinumWarlock

bluedarky wrote:

EDIT: And because people want to see it https://imageshack.com/a/img922/4792/oNVpop.jpgI won’t be posting the flip side myself, some secrets deserve to be kept.

I appreciate the front, bluedarky...but that's not how spoilers work!  cheeky  Show us the rest! 

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Nope, but I’ll give you one thing, he isn’t a scion on his flip side.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Ironic Fist wrote:

The one and only disappointment to me, and it's a minor one, is that the comic book is a lot thinner than I thought it'd be.

Any other thoughts on it? The comic is the one thing nobody's spoiled much about yet.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

Jeysie wrote:

Ironic Fist wrote:

Any other thoughts on it? The comic is the one thing nobody's spoiled much about yet.

I'm interested in knowing the actual pagecount, for one thing. A "standard" comic is typically 22 pages of story, but winds up around 10 pages longer due to ads (now I'm imagining things like Dotitos "They're the crunchiest!" ads in there).

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Idle thought I forgot to mention before: Seeing the Virtuosos of the Void art now makes me wonder why Argent is the only Virtuoso with an energy signature (green) that doesn't match his signature color (silver).

Ironic Fist

Regarding Jeysie's question about the comic book: to be honest, it's very underwhelming unfortunately, which is a shame because everything else about Oblivaeon and the collector's case have massively exceeded my expectations.

It's very, very thin: 16 pages of glossy high quality paper in total, but that count includes the front and back cover (which is just a picture of some Scions), the inside front cover (just a picture of Oblivaeon's head and summary text), 1 page that has no text / 50% just black ink and is just a picture of Oblivaeon standing over a city, and 4 of the pages are taken up by double-page splash screens which contain hardly any text. In short, there's not much in the way of actual storyline content. WalkingTarget, there's no extra content like fake adverts.

In terms of storyline, there's 1 page of Nightmist and Harpy talking about the mist gates, 4 pages covering Freedom Five interacting with Luminary which contains four panels depicting where some of the other heroes are, then 1 page showing the Aeon men attacking Fort Adamant with Void Guard showing up in the final panel. There's no information or storyline developments in it that haven't been covered in the podcast, and it's all very, very superficial. The dialogue is particularly bad, especially in the Nightmist / Harpy interaction which reads like a pastiche of bad comic book writing. The only good thing I can really say is that Adam's art is of a very high standard on most of the panels and the double page splash screens are very cool looking.

Overall it just feels rushed and something that you're going to finish reading in less than 2 minutes and put back in the box.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Spoilery question

Does anyone know why La Comodora is interested in the first human Flight? I have a huge backlog of The Letters Page to listen to (the last 20 or so episodes), is it mentioned in any of them?

Powerhound_2000

It has not been explained yet Matchstickman

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ironic Fist wrote:

Regarding Jeysie's question about the comic book: to be honest, it's very underwhelming unfortunately, which is a shame because everything else about Oblivaeon and the collector's case have massively exceeded my expectations.It's very, very thin: 16 pages of glossy high quality paper in total, but that count includes the front and back cover (which is just a picture of some Scions), the inside front cover (just a picture of Oblivaeon's head and summary text), 1 page that has no text / 50% just black ink and is just a picture of Oblivaeon standing over a city, and 4 of the pages are taken up by double-page splash screens which contain hardly any text. In short, there's not much in the way of actual storyline content. WalkingTarget, there's no extra content like fake adverts.In terms of storyline, there's 1 page of Nightmist and Harpy talking about the mist gates, 4 pages covering Freedom Five interacting with Luminary which contains four panels depicting where some of the other heroes are, then 1 page showing the Aeon men attacking Fort Adamant with Void Guard showing up in the final panel. There's no information or storyline developments in it that haven't been covered in the podcast, and it's all very, very superficial. The dialogue is particularly bad, especially in the Nightmist / Harpy interaction which reads like a pastiche of bad comic book writing. The only good thing I can really say is that Adam's art is of a very high standard on most of the panels and the double page splash screens are very cool looking.Overall it just feels rushed and something that you're going to finish reading in less than 2 minutes and put back in the box. 

I havent seen it yet (fingers crossed with backer number 500 something Ill be in the first batch of collector cases in the US) that seems like a normal comic book to me. Its one of the reasons I rarely buy antyhing other than the trades - i finish standard comics in 5 mins or so, cause I read fast and while the artwork is fun, i don't pay too much attention to it the first time though. - so ... seems par for the course for an actual comic book to me! 

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Did anyone who received OblivAeon order Art Prints? If so what was on them?

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Does the Box have a contents card count? I need to order sleeves... Lots of sleeves....

~Komori

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Just wait till you see what we wrote for the video game intros!

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I like Stuntman’s interactions with Ambuscde. “How can you possibly show your face, looking like that?”

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

starkenburg_alexander wrote:

Does the Box have a contents card count? I need to order sleeves... Lots of sleeves....~Komori

Hold on, I'll do some counts.

Standard sized cards.

5 Hero decks 41 cards each - 205

5 Environments 15 cards each - 75

Oblivaeon Decks (Oblivaeon, Scion, Aeon Men and Missions) 25 cards each - 100

Shields - 5

Hero Reminder Cards - 5

Battlezone Cards - 2

Stuntman - 41

Benchmark 41

Void Guard - 164

Variants - 11(New heroes)+5(Freedom Five)+5(Xtreme Prime Wardens)+1(Ra)+1(Captain Cosmic)+1(Visionary)=24

If you got the collectors case = 1(Completionist Guise)

Complete Hero Variant Pack = 69

Total Standard Sized sleeves = 732

Without Collectors Case = 731

Without Complete Hero Variant Pack = 663

Without Case or Variant Pack = 662

Oversized Cards

Oblivaeon Booket (Not really sleevable)

Scions - 10

Inevitable Destruction Card - 1

The Scion Reserve Card - 1

Foil Oversized Villain pack - 1 Booklet + 57 cards

Total = 2 Booklets + 69 Cards