The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Poisons and Robot Reconfiguration?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flintlock
Flintlock's picture
Poisons and Robot Reconfiguration?

Just curious, I'm pretty sure I understand what is supposed to happen, but if one of Unity's bots is poisoned by the Operative, using Robot Reconfig is a good way to "cleanse" the debuff, right? In any other situation, when a companion is put back in Unity's hand while it is carrying one of Operative's poisons, I expect the poison to return to Operative's hands as well. However, the Reconfiguration has me slightly confused because of the idea fo "swapping" the bot in. As far as game mechanics is concerned, what is actually happening is that the bot is incapacitated and then a new target is replaced, thus removing the poison from the situation, right?

(And on a side note, I think I read that the Operative's poison stay on a character target even after incapacitation, correct?)

Thanks for humoring my probably redundant questions, oh message board.

Aaaaaand Oblivion went off for two points of damage total. :(

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Incapacitated characters wipe _everything_. Poisons, powers, tokens, move value, everything.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

But does a bot which is swapped out with Robot Reconfig lose its poison card too, or is the new bot still sort of considered to be the old bot, so the poison stays?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

lutherbellhendricksv
Game Designer

Spiff wrote:

But does a bot which is swapped out with Robot Reconfig lose its poison card too, or is the new bot still sort of considered to be the old bot, so the poison stays?

The new bot isn't the old bot. It's the new bot. And even if it was the old bot, it was incapacitated, so the poison went away then anyways.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Not to split hairs, but isn't the whole point of the card that Unity has, is that she is using the same exact metal materials to just change the current bot into a different form/style/look. It's the same bot, just with a nice new coating...why not stay poisoned? It hasn't even happened in the game for me, yet, haha, so no worries, just being a curious person.

Chromium_Man

much0gust0 wrote:

Not to split hairs, but isn't the whole point of the card that Unity has, is that she is using the same exact metal materials to just change the current bot into a different form/style/look. It's the same bot, just with a nice new coating...why not stay poisoned? It hasn't even happened in the game for me, yet, haha, so no worries, just being a curious person.

We could use the logic that it's a bot made from the same metal and should still be poisoned, but if we're going to apply logic to the situation:  how did a robot get poisoned in the first place?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

much0gust0 wrote:

When she is rearranging the bot into the new form, she tosses out the contaminated parts.

lutherbellhendricksv
Game Designer

much0gust0 wrote:

You can use flavor to justify anything. If she's reconfiguring the entire bot from the ground up, wouldn't she flush the contaminated coolant (or whatever you poison on a robot)?

Mechanically, it's much cleaner to just treat the new bot as entirely seperate from the old bot. We don't want to go down the rabbit hole of "Well, it keeps poisons, what about tokens? If the old bot used 'move', can the new bot not use 'move' this turn because it's 'the same bot'? I picked that bot with my Operative power that hunts a target; that's the same target for that purpose too, right? Wait, if it's the same bot shouldn't it have the same damage from before?".

SeraAlexandria

Ronway wrote:

much0gust0 wrote:

When she is rearranging the bot into the new form, she tosses out the contaminated parts.

How about the fact that the first bot has to EXPLODE before it reforms into the new bot? I'm pretty sure the poison didn't survive the explosion, or if it did, it wasn't put back into the robot when it was rebuilt.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

SeraAlexandria wrote:

How about the fact that the first bot has to EXPLODE before it reforms into the new bot? I'm pretty sure the poison didn't survive the explosion, or if it did, it wasn't put back into the robot when it was rebuilt.

So, what I'm hearing you saying is that the explosion causes the poison to go EVERYWHERE, thus forcing each character into their new promo HazMat suits?! The outbreak of the century!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

When that happens, you have to interrupt the game and play a whole game of Pandemic -- with the heroes implemented as well as possible -- before you can continue playing.

I can't believe we missed that in the rulebook, but it's official. You HAVE to do it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

lutherbellhendricksv
Game Designer

McBehrer wrote:

When that happens, you have to interrupt the game and play a whole game of Pandemic -- with the heroes implemented as well as possible -- before you can continue playing.I can't believe we missed that in the rulebook, but it's official. You HAVE to do it.

Sadly the liscencing difficulties forced us not to go with this implementation.

Officially.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Can we opt for Defenders of the Realm instead? I like to imagine that, when it hit the ground, Rage becomes the Orc Chieftain. And there's a dragon in DotR, too.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!