The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Pennsic 2015

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Amnachaidh
Playtester
Pennsic 2015

Anyone going to Pennsic this year? I am, and plan to bring my SotM briefcase this time around.

I'm also bringing Go, but that's much more period.

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Yep!  Not sure I'll bring SotM since I don't have anything sleeved, but my camp does typically bring a few non-period games.  I suspect there will be Concept (since it can handle a large number of people), maybe Evolution (which IS sleeved and has been enjoyed by friends in other camps), probably Citadels since that went over well last year, probably Icehouse pyramids (three of us in camp have sets of those, actually), and maybe one or two others.  I might have to pick up Camel [C]up, come to think of it...

Will you be hitting PennLite this weekend, out of curiosity?

Amnachaidh
Playtester

PennLite, Sadly no. My kids don't appreciate the half-day drive. My next event is is Crown Tourney in Pentamere May 22.

There was lots of Munchkin in our camp last year. Not my favorite game, but a lot of people like it. I'll bring SotM (sleeved), Go, and probably a couple from the "Tiny Epic" line. I'll also have stuff appropriate for the younger kid - Snap Dragon or Orchard.

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Yeah, Munchkin is a big hit with a lot of Pennsic-goers, it seems.  I'm probably bringing DrunkQuest to one if not both events, as it was described as "Munchkin, but explicitly designed to be a drinking game."

Amnachaidh
Playtester

My campsite is suprisingly undrunken, but we have an amazing Hafla.