The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

PAX East 2015

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
PAX East 2015

Hey, everyone. We here at the Greater Than Games HQ are going to be off for Boston and PAX East, starting tomorrow, 03 March. So what's that mean for you?

First, it means that we may be slow on the trigger with emails or other sorts of communication. We'll probably still be checking occasionally, but it's not going to be the lightning-quick response you usually get from me. We also won't be in the office to ship orders or other packages, since Jodie is driving the truck with all of our goodies.

Secondly, it means that you can come see us! We want you to come by our booth, say hi, play games, and just keep us busy in general.

And finally, it means that there's a Sentinel Tactics Tournament! Don't forget to tune in and watch us on Twitch starting on Saturday. It should be exciting to watch, as more and more people are starting to figure out their strategies. We're definitely excited about watching it ourselves. If you miss the live stream, don't worry; it will all be up on our YouTube channel not long after.

Our moderators (arenson9, Rabit, and Pydro) have things well in hand during our absence. Don't hesitate to keep them busy, too!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

I'll be there too! And Jeremy too for some of Saturday and Sunday. Come visit!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

MigrantP wrote:

I'll be there too! And Jeremy too for some of Saturday and Sunday. Come visit!

Woohoo!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Craig wrote:

Our moderators (arenson9, Rabit, and Pydro) have things well in hand during our absence. Don't hesitate to keep them busy, too!

Hey, now! cheeky

(Maybe I should have gone to the con... wink)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

s.crystal37

I know this is a long shot, but I've just been informed that I may have an opportunity to attend PAX East. Only trouble is I don't have a pass. Is there any chance that you might need another booth volunteer? I know SotM in and out and I have at least a basic understanding of GSF. I also have plenty of customer service experience, so I'm totally comfortable helping with checkout, or just chatting with people in general. Like I said, I know it's a long shot but I figured it's at least worth a try :)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

s.crystal37 wrote:

I know this is a long shot, but I've just been informed that I may have an opportunity to attend PAX East. Only trouble is I don't have a pass. Is there any chance that you might need another booth volunteer? I know SotM in and out and I have at least a basic understanding of GSF. I also have plenty of customer service experience, so I'm totally comfortable helping with checkout, or just chatting with people in general. Like I said, I know it's a long shot but I figured it's at least worth a try :)

Email and - I think one of them should be able to get in touch with you. Most likely it'll be Craig, but it might help to include Paul just so there's a second person getting it.

I don't know if they still need people, but I'm pretty sure they won't be paying much attention to the forums right now. (They're already at the con and are setting up.)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

seesome
seesome's picture

So who from the forum will be at PAX East?

I'll be there on Friday and would love to meet folks for lunch or dinner.

If you're using the PAX Schedule App, you can find me under SeeSome in the attendee list

Time for some scientific action!
https://twitter.com/SeeSome

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I'm here already! Come say hi

seesome
seesome's picture

I'm planning to be in the big pre-admission crowd tomorrow morning, waiting to get into the expo and will head straight for the >G booth once they let us in.

(Very excited to try out the Rook City digital expansion)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Anyone planning to watch the Tactics live stream? I'm sad that I'll miss it (though, ironically, it's to go to a local gaming convention)

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I got to tag along at the volunteer dinner last night, since my significant other IS a volunteer, and I want to extend a huge thank you to the >G guys. It was great to meet you briefly, and I hope you and all the other volunteers have a blast this weekend! I'm sorry to miss it.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Tune in tomorrow to Twitch TV for the thrilling Tactics tournament!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Trajector wrote:

I got to tag along at the volunteer dinner last night, since my significant other IS a volunteer, and I want to extend a huge thank you to the >G guys. It was great to meet you briefly, and I hope you and all the other volunteers have a blast this weekend! I'm sorry to miss it.

Glad you were able to join and meet them! GTG is a great bunch of folks, and they throw a really nice shindig. smiley

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And the tournament has started!!!

Foote is doing commentary with Christopher! laugh

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I wondered who it was.  I joined late and wasn't sure who it was. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Yeah that was my ugly mug. Braith is much more handsome

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Results for the tournament so far?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You should have heard Christopher go nuts when not only was the Operative picked, but dominated.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Finally!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Foote wrote:

Yeah that was my ugly mug. Braith is much more handsome

For those who don't know, Braithwhite was Christopher's partner for the second half of the day.

Thanks to both Foote and Braithwhite for doing this - it was really great! (Not something I'd ever want to do, myself, but I appreciate that others are willing and able to do it.)

Pydro wrote:

You should have heard Christopher go nuts when not only was the Operative picked, but dominated.

Yeah, that was awesome! Both he and Braithwhite were very psyched on that one.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Anybody want to fill in about the Enforcer who was apparently a pro-GG troll? I thought I understood PAX conventions usually took a pretty hard line on stuff like that.

Edit: but only if you have first-hand knowledge of the incident.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Huh?! What's "pro-GG" mean?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The finals have started! laugh

Deimir

At the airport waiting for my plane to take me back to Spokane. Had a lot of fun running the auxiliary tournament tables yesterday, and the semifinals and finals were a blast to watch live.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at PAX Prime!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Rabit wrote:

Huh?! What's "pro-GG" mean?

I assume GG=GamerGate?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Yes. I was attempting to not have to use distasteful language.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

GG also means "good game" and "geek gold" (from Board Game Geek)... it's pretty clear you didn't mean either of those though!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

seesome
seesome's picture

Regarding the GG stuff, the only info I heard was what I readon on Brianna Wu's twitter feed, but there was an article in today's Boston Globe that discussed what happened.  Kind of bummed now that I didn't make it to her podcast panel on Friday night just to show support (but I was feeling like the Walking Dead at that point in the evening, so I had to crash).