The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Overwhelming duplicates?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester
Overwhelming duplicates?

When proletariat uses overwhelm and uses it with duplicate, what happens?

1) All proletariat in play when overwhelm is used generate another

2) in addition to the effects of outcome 1, each spawned duplicate also generates another.

And this leads me to another question, what happens if duplicate is used with all duplicates already in play? Shared burden explicitly specifies for itself that it incaps, but I assume that's an exception due to it explicitly mentioned. I assume it does nothing other than wasting an action outside of the overwhelm + duplicate combo.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

The way I've always played it, it only triggers for those already on play. So, great for when you have 2-4 already in play. Not so much when you have 1 or 5, and useless when you have 6. As far as the second question goes, I would say it just doesn't work with 6 already in play, since there's nothing saying otherwise.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

You can also Overwhelm Dodge and Aim and get 1 of the corresponding token for each Proletariat you have out, they go away at the start of your turn so may not get to use them all. Great to get 6 Aim when he's got 1 of him surrounded and then Hammer Sweep all targets using Aim for each attack.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The rules do not say that Aim tokens go away, or even that they affect the next attack, those rules from playtesting appear to be gone.

You can save Aim tokens and use an aim token before an attack to gain its effect on one target you hit with that attack, so you could not spend 4 before an attack to use its effect on four different target.

You can save them up and use them on an overwhelm with a bunch of proletariats using hammer of the people on the next round.

Proletariat is almost unkillable with Defensive sacrifice and overwhelm (once you get a few copies out) you restock with overwhelm/duplicate, and if you don't need to do that you can overwhelm move/sprint, or overwhelm hammer the crap out of someone.  When they turn to kill you you sacrifice your clones and restock them the next turn.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

The rules do not say that Aim tokens go away, or even that they affect the next attack, those rules from playtesting appear to be gone.

You can save Aim tokens and use an aim token before an attack to gain its effect on one target you hit with that attack, so you could not spend 4 before an attack to use its effect on four different target.

Didn't realize you could only spend 1 Aim token per attack.

As for keeping tokens, Page 4 under Turns in the Power Up phase:

Quote:

Then, discard any Aim or Dodge tokens you have.

You could still Overwhelm Dodge and use 1 each time you're atttacked.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Power-up phase, totally missed that one.  Awesome to see that is in there.

Overwhelm Aim and 2 people's hammer's would be sick with flanking.