The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Oooooh shiny + a question

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture
Oooooh shiny + a question

Wow, this sounds awesome. As a diehard Arkham Horror fanatic, I really like phase-driven gameplay for co-ops, and I'm a sucker for space games. I'm even hosting a sci-fi themed gaming convention in my house instead of a normal birthday party. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. 

One question, although I'm sure nobody's going to be able to answer it yet. It's described as a co-op game, but the scoundrels theme seems to lend itself to a semi-cooperative thing like Legendary. I guess what I want to know is, will it be pure co-op? TBH, I kind of hope so because pure co-ops always seem to click better with me than semi-co-ops, but either way I'm stoked to get to try it.

Anyway, that's enough wild speculation. MORE WOOHOOING. I LOVE TO WOOHOO WOOHOO! *Does a little happy dance*

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

It is infact pure-cooperative, sure you can screw over your friends if you really wanted to in it. But you could do that in SotM too where you attack your fellow heroes. It's a game where you either all win or all lose. Can't really say too much more or else I may getting a lashing.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Would you tell us more for a scooby snack?

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

Whee! Awesome! I did not actually expect a response. I heart this community so much.

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

It is infact pure-cooperative, sure you can screw over your friends if you really wanted to in it. But you could do that in SotM too where you attack your fellow heroes. It's a game where you either all win or all lose. Can't really say too much more or else I may getting a lashing.

Any comment on how many cards will there be ? Like how big the game is?

I like that the miniatures are not necessary. Would be interesting if its like FTL in a card game.

gigiikun
gigiikun's picture
Playtester

The game is in alfa version, so the card count is not fixed, but now its less than the base SOTM.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Maybe this is saying too much, but, it appears to have some qualities of Sentinels of the Multiverse, Seven Wonders, and Ascension, all in one.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

beevolant

My guess is that they are going for the honorable rag tag team of scoundrels rather than the jerkface team of scoundrels vibe - more Capt. Mal/Han Solo than backstabbing. 

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

The Conscience
Playtester

Nielzabub wrote:

Would you tell us more for a scooby snack?

If I liked Scooby Snacks I might have been persuaded but alas that is not the case. :P

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

TheSoundOfTrees

TheJayMann wrote:

Maybe this is saying too much, but, it appears to have some qualities of Sentinels of the Multiverse, Seven Wonders, and Ascension, all in one.

And now I NEED to see it.

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, that's how I would describe it too. As it stands it's significantly easier to win than in Sentinels, but that will likely change as we progress from Alpha to Beta, and then to final release.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

LCinn
LCinn's picture

I AM SO EXCITED