The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Online multiplayer really laggy

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gossamerica2
Online multiplayer really laggy

I finally had my first experience with online multiplayer yesterday -- and sadly, found it nearly unplayable.  There was a ridiculous amount of lag, things getting out of sync, etc.  Was something weird going on, or is it usually like that?

I was playing on an iPad.  My wife (same room) was playing on a Chromebook, and her brother (in another state) tried a couple of different devices (Google Play, I think).  I was consistently ahead of the others by a lot, and my wife was usually behind her brother.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Haven't played online in a while but don't recall many issues when I have done so.  Ideally you want to send feedback here https://www.handelabra.com/contact or through the option in the app itself.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Generally, I've found it works better to try to allow everyone to keep up with each other. If someone gets ahead, that's when things get out of sync. :-( 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

tylerblevins

Rabit wrote:
Generally, I've found it works better to try to allow everyone to keep up with each other. If someone gets ahead, that's when things get out of sync. :-( 

That's true.