The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

One Shot Submission - A salty dog chasing her tail

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chris Rudd
One Shot Submission - A salty dog chasing her tail

Latest revision

Villian: La Capitan (Challenge)

Environment: Nexus of the Void

Team: La Comodora, Argent Adept (Dark Conductor), Knyfe (Rogue Agent), Akash'Thriya, Lifeline

[Original post]

Villan: La Capitan (advanced)

Environment: Nexus of the Void

Team: La Comodora, Knyfe (Rogue Agent), Parse (Fuge State), Benchmark, Akash'thriya

Still Needs a suitable story to go with it, feel free to submit one.

The idea here is that Maria is chasing herself through time, trying to stabilize the timeline enough for the other heroes to fight Oblivaeon, and possibly to redeem herself and her original crew in the process.

Knyfe is a natural here, given her status as a rogue F.I.L.T.E.R. agent.  And Parse is there to study the timeline and try to figure out how to get a step ahead of The Falcon while she constantly bombards the team, and The Comodora does her best to weather the hits.

The cross synergy on this team is complex, interesting, and powerful; and it all centers around breaking the normal rules (constantly playing stuff out of turn, and from places other than your hand, filling the environment deck, constantly manipulating all 7 decks, and of course Buffer Overload to occasionally retcon the timeline).  You really do start to feel like you're manipulating time

Chris Rudd

After some more play testing, benchmark is too strong in this setup.  Looking at Scholar for an alternative, but open to suggestions

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

I automatically thought of Scholar for this game as an out of turn play machine. Argent Adept is the king of out of turn plays, though Stuntman is a close second. Argent Adept plus Captain Cosmic can provide a ridiculous amount of out of turn plays.

payprplayn

Argent adept, especially the Xtreme or Dark Conductor variants, are a natural for your theme, but might be just as op (though in an entirely different way).  it might also be a non-problem. Remember the one-shots usually use a preset deck order.  If you stack things right, I'm pretty sure you can give your original team a suitable challenge, though it may also subtract from the thematic time-manipulation feel you're drescibing.  I think that may be your real issue here.  In this game, any time you have a high degree of control, it usully means an easy victory.  It seems like it would be difficult to acheive the experience you describe in a hard-fought game.

Chris Rudd

Ok I think I've figured out the team for this

• La Comodora - Chasing herself

• Dark Conductor Argent Adept - Drawn by the void, seeking perhaps a way to undo his corruption

• K.N.Y.F.E: Rogue Agent - Casing fugitives, possibly looking to rebuild The Block the right way

• Akash'Thria - Awoken by the violent rift, seeking vengance for the land and trying to heal the rift

• Lifeline - Having forseen the end, and having seen firsthand how hard Earth was to destroy, now seeks to ally with them against The End

And La Capitan on Challenge

Much more interesting synergy without being overly powerful.  You really feel the pressure early on, but if you can find the right combo you can flip the game in 2 turns.  Plus it gets the INFINITE VOID combo, where you can get every environment out together, which is just fun.

Try it a couple times and let me know if you like it enough to help build a story that goes along with it

Chris Rudd

Also, the combos and synergies are particularly complex.  If you're having trouble let me know and I'll try and give some tips