The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Omnitron's Win Condition is a little odd?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ketigid
Omnitron's Win Condition is a little odd?

Not sure if this has been asked before but, I find the wording on Omnitron character card a little odd. It states: “When Omnitron is destroyed, remove Omnitron’s villain character cards from play. The heroes cannot win until there are no devices in play.” However, the act of removing Omnitron's character cards from play also removes the line "The heroes cannot win until there are no devices in play." from play. Hence, the condition fizzles and the heroes win?

Other examples, Kaargra Warfang's character card reads: "The Heroes cannot win the game." Once she flips, the text is no longer in effect, and the heroes can win.

Your thoughts?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The setup card still remains out which is why that works.   In the case of Kaargra only one side of her setup card says the heroes can't win.   The oversized cards do muddle this up a bit but the setup text remains in affect.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

ketigid

Yes, I'm thinking about the Oversized cards, that's why it felt odd to me.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Both of Omnitron's cards are removed. The reason it works is because a specific ending specified on the card. Take The Wraith's Throat Jab, it remains in effect even with the card no longer in play because it says when I ends.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh.

Ohhhh.

I've alwas kinda vaguely sorta wondered about this myself, and had never thought about the normal-sized cards. :O

fabikw

This is the difference between:

Until the start of next turn, Effect A happens.

vs.

Effect A happens. Destroy this card at the start of the turn.

In the second case, if the card is destroyed early, Effect A stops.