The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

omnitron vs line of sight

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester
omnitron vs line of sight

Does omnitron's increased elvation count towards blocking line of sight for other targets by being in the way or does it only apply to checking for line of sight to and from omnitron?  I originally thought it was the first, but then I saw it rulled the other way in one of the tournament feeds so I wanted to confirm which rulling was correct.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I believe he changes the elevation he is on, increasing it by 1, allowing him to block line of sight.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Characters do not block line of sight, only elevation can do that.

Further, Omnitron is treated as 1 elevation higher than the hex he is on.

This means the elevation increase for Omnitron being in the hex is for the character only, not the hex, which mean a character moving through a hex Omnitron occupies does not account for Omnitron's increased height for movement cost.

The Elevation of the Hex is not raised, only the Character of Omniron-V.

By rule Omnitron-V cannot block line of sight, even if he is treated as one elevation higher than the hex he is on.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Basically, OV's increased elevation impacts range.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

In contrast:

Impaling Structures do raise the level of the hex they are on, and will block LoS.

It is possible that the rules confusion came from that distinction.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

phantaskippy is correct.

There is actually one official tournament where this was mis-ruled (by me) in a prelim match because I was tired and not thinking. Omnitron-V's elevation change only affects range-based calculations. It does not affect movement or LOS of other characters.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

morph147

so does this affect Omnitron's range to attack or the other team's range to attack?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yes

cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Both. Range is the distance between them, which works equally both ways. Except for Reach, of course. Which is why Tactics Sequence is awesome.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector