The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

OblivAeon Teams

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dark Crusader
Dark Crusader's picture
OblivAeon Teams

For those of you who have beaten OblivAeon what team did you use? Generally speaking my team has been:

- Freedom Five Legacy 
- Scholar

- Haka

-Tempest / Action Hero Stuntman

- Team Leader Tachyon 

Dark Crusader, co-author of the Sentinels of the Multiverse fan blog, https://sentinelsofthebloggerverse.blogspot.com

Favorite Sentinels: Legacy, Team Leader Tachyon, Action Hero Stuntman

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

In my first few games since the digital version came out, I was randomizing starting teams and choosing replacement heroes based on what rewards they would inherit and what shield Oblivaeon had out.

After a while this lead to me playing similar heroes in similar situations, which was effective but not great for replay value. So I switched to using choosing all heroes at random regardless of the situation. It definitely makes the game a lot harder but I think I'm at around a 75% win rate, and I've found alot of really interesting combinations I'd never have otherwise thought of.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Fave team so far has been:

Legacy (base)

Tachyon (super scientific variant)

Tempest (base)

Mr. Fixer (base)

Harpy (Dark Watch variant)

Legacy brings the tanking and damage buffs, Tachyon brings plays and card draw.  Tempest and Fixer are the AoE powerhouses, with a few side benefits (healing, Grease Gun), while Harpy brings the single target damage.  Admittedly she's in the 'flex' position: I also like Scholar, Chrono Ranger, or Lifeline in that spot as well. 

Chilly Steke
Chilly Steke's picture

I like opening with TN Bunker, so that when he dies, Luminary or Tachyon or Comodora can take his place and use his incap ability "Put deck in trash". RK Voss does not like getting hit with a fully powered orbital death laser, let me tell ya.

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

-EXTREME Fanatic

-Youngest Legacy

-Termination Bunker

-Setting Sun Ra

-Tempest

all of them are there to die and provide strong incap abilities

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Chilly Steke wrote:

I like opening with TN Bunker, so that when he dies, Luminary or Tachyon or Comodora can take his place and use his incap ability "Put deck in trash". RK Voss does not like getting hit with a fully powered orbital death laser, let me tell ya.

The particularly ludicrous version of that is to use Freedom Five Tachyon and get the Oblivaeon Shard on her. Then, every turn she can move every burst card from her trash into her deck, hitting someone 16-18 times for (1+Devastation Tokens) damage each time. It could be more, but you will really want a lot of Syaptic Interruptions there to keep Tachyon from dying in the process. 

A slightly less, but still highly, ludicrous version is to have Legacy and Chrono-Ranger backing her up, to use their cards to give her +4 damage per hit. That's still a respectable 5 damage per burst, and 80 damage per round will really ruin someone's day.