The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Oblivaeon or Sheilds act first

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
josephwetterling
Oblivaeon or Sheilds act first

During the end of Oblivaeon's (in Phase 1), can you choose whether Oblivaeon or his shield acts first?

Both come out during setup, so I'm not sure we can follow the same logic as villain targets acting in the order in which they came out (though, logically, Oblivaeon would predate his shield). There could be a tactical advantage to letting the shield act before Oblivaeon.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Just chiming in, but I think OblivAeon would act first before his shield. Because, as you put it, he technically came out first before the shield.

I could be wrong, though.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The text on the OblivAeon booklet would trigger before any text on the Chosen Shield. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I think that's in the rule book among the easy-to-overlook items, yes?

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

That's how it works for other villains who put stuff out during setup (Apostate, Deadline... Most villains, actually)

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The rulebook specifies the order things get played during setup, and that's the order they take effect (including the Inevitable Destruction card, which can be a real pain).

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island