The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Oblivaeon Incapped Heroes Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
AQuebman
Oblivaeon Incapped Heroes Question

I may have missed something basic in the rules when I read them last night but heroes go to their incapacitated side with rewards underneath and then you add a new hero to the game correct? So the incap heroes keep acting? Thus youd have in a 4 man game 4 active heroes plus any incapped heroes also acting?

Im assuming they stay active since rewards are available under their character card if they are revived.

Assuming I havent made a fatal error in my logic then does that mean a 4 man game with an incapped hero that gets resurrected would essentially have a 5th hero? I feel like im missing some key bits of info.

Thanks!

Godai
Godai's picture

Incapacitated Heroes stay in the same play area, and there is a special list Pre-Start of Turn actions every player can choose to do each turn. Most of them involve Mission cards, but one of them is ‘Use a single Incapacitated Ability in your play area”. So you have to decide if you want to use the Ability, or do Mission things.

AQuebman

Oh ok so they stay around and its a special action to use their stuff cool. So what if one of those heroes gets resurrected does that take the hero count up 1?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You can’t resurrect a hero in an OblivAeon game until Redacted takes over though that changes some other rules as well.  Also, H value is set at the start of any game and does not change. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

AQuebman

Okay so assuming Redacted is in your still bound by the H value no matter if a guy could get rezzed. Alright thanks for info.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If you Ressurect any hero that was incapped before Redacted takes over it goes to the box and is available for later.   If it’s after Redacted takes over then you can only resurrect one hero in your play area through Rites of Revival and not mulitple ones from one play area.  So if you still have an active hero you are unable to use Rites of Revival on any incapped heroes you control. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31