The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Oblivaeon for Christmas? Maybe New Years?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pulseglazer
Playtester
Oblivaeon for Christmas? Maybe New Years?

I assume not, but is there any chance?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

They said on Stream last night they’ll be starting previews soon but I would not expect it to be released by Christmas by any stretch 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Yeah, I think sometime first quarter of next year is possible, but it's definitely not going to be this year.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I will be waiting for when they do release it, so I can finally get a game in. Still haven't managed to get enough friends around the gaming table/have a long enough game sesssion to really play the physical game...

Edit: Have they shown any of the OblivAeon content on the stream yet? I haven't been able to watch for the last month or two, so I have no idea.

Powerhound_2000

Last night John showed an OblivAeon start screen.  He said they would be previewing content during streams soon possibly next week.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Ah, very cool. Nice to see they're coming along on the content. :)

Hankroyd

Lifeline was also showed in a 6 hours long stream with LewdDolphin and AnotherLetDown a few weeks ago, you can see it on YT.

Kratos13

Is it too soon to start the hype train yet?  I’m extremely curious on how Handelabra will implement the UI for certain things from Oblivaeon.

• Applied Numerology.  Seriously, how will the UI work here to choose one number on a card power and increase or decrease it?  I suppose it could be a series of prompts like Twist the Ether, but I’m curious if there’s a better way.
  • Maria Helena’s Plot.  Look at the bottom card of your deck at any time.  New button somewhere?  Or bottom card will be shown at the top/side or something when you click on her deck?
  • Akash’Thriya.  Lots of her cards allow her to either play or discard the top card if the environment deck.  On the tabletop, players can see the card back of the top card of any deck and therefore can make an informed decision on whether to play or discard (i.e., whether it’s an Akash card or Environment card).  So far Handelbra hasn’t implemented this ability (to spot Shinobi Assassins) but probably didn’t need to (the game will prompt/warn the player who is about to draw a Shinobi Assassin).  However, I think it’s crucial for an Akash player to know what deck the top environment card belongs to and hopefully something will be implemented.  If so, what will this look like?

What else are people looking forward to see?

Powerhound_2000

On number one I’d suspect prompts like Twist the Ether.  Number two I think MigrantP has made some comment on it but I don’t recall what he said.   Number three is already in place.  With the Shinobi Assassin or if Guise gets other hero cards into his deck you’ll see the card back so you’ll know it’s one of Akash’Thriya’s Cards is coming up.  

Kratos13

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

On number one I’d suspect prompts like Twist the Ether.  Number two I think MigrantP has made some comment on it but I don’t recall what he said.   Number three is already in place.  With the Shinobi Assassin or if Guise gets other hero cards into his deck you’ll see the card back so you’ll know it’s one of Akash’Thriya’s Cards is coming up.  

Wow, after all this time I never noticed the card backs on each deck icon (eyes getting old...).  Nice!!!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I figure Maria Helena's Plot will just give you an extra readout when you right-click her deck, which you can already do to see what's left in it. It'll be like Santa Guise showing up to chastise you for peeking.

Hankroyd

Kratos13 wrote:

(...)

So far Handelbra hasn’t implemented this ability (to spot Shinobi Assassins) but probably didn’t need to (the game will prompt/warn the player who is about to draw a Shinobi Assassin).  

(...)

Well, I guess I got a pretty nasty bug, because I can check card's back (for Shinobi) since many years. :)

Like I can spot a construct on top of Guise's deck or many other weird stuff like that.

Otherwise what I'm most impatient is ... the main event : How OblivAeon mode looks like, oh and Completionnist Guise

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Kratos13 wrote:

Is it too soon to start the hype train yet?

It's never too soon to start the hype train.

Kratos13 wrote:

What else are people looking forward to see?

I'm looking forward to playing and learning all the new heroes, and figuring out all the possible interesting combos that they can create, both in their own decks and together.

I also look forward to actually getting to PLAY OblivAeon. I still haven't had the chance to play the physical version...

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Lifeline, Harpy, Heroic Akash, and specifically female Luminary all have me super excited.  I want to play them all.

I'll put things in here later.

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

Guys guys, let's lower our expectations here... Sooooo, Luminary for Christmas?

"T'was the night before Christmas,

and all over the world,

not a creature was stirring,

because one man's quest for blind vengeance led to the deaths of billions of innocents and the destruction of all human culture."

Missingno
Missingno's picture

I prefer How the Baron Stole Christmas!

I'll put things in here later.