The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Non-SotM Gen Con pics

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tamar
Non-SotM Gen Con pics

Because I love sharing pictures and seeing pics of what costumes and cool things other people do! 

Darth Princess!  She even had a sparkly light pink skirt.  She was fantastic and adorable and kind of makes me want to do a big kid version of this. Because I'm a huge nerd. http://twitpic.com/67207d  Pics of my head when I'm in the Tachyon get up make me really wish I'd gotten my red paint for my HUD goggles in time.  Argh!

Captain Jack Sparrow Jr.  I have a thing for little kids in costume (clearly) so when I saw this girl and the boy in the next pic hanging out together I had to get pics with both. http://twitpic.com/672115
I look way to happy about the fact that I'm about to be assassinated. http://twitpic.com/6721yf

There was also an adorable girl in a Dalek dress, but I didn't get any pics of her.  Dalek inspired dress has been on my list since I first saw one a while ago and I think I need to get on that, but I just haven't been in a designing mood lately. Curse you, children who are better costumed than I am!

Seriously my friends need to start breeding so I can dress their children up in ridiculous costumes.  I can only make myself so many.

So what pics of costumes or general fun and hanging out and coolness did other people get?

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

Kat
Kat's picture
Playtester

I'm so jealous of that assassins costume!  I wish I was better at sewing!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

You mean you wish you were better at sewing (because that's how the subjunctive mood works) :D

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Oh no... We have a grammar nazi as a forum administrator...  Irreguardless, she could of proofread her post better then she did cause she didn't do no good at it then she was suppose to.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I find myself unsurprised that someone who likes Perl regular expressions is particular about grammar.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I don't know a thing about Perl, but my BA in English means that I was thrilled to even see the word "subjunctive" pop up here. It also means that I'm nearly unemployable.  :-\

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Tamar

Kat wrote:
I'm so jealous of that assassins costume!  I wish I was better at sewing!

It's what I went to school for, making me as employable as WriterRyan :P, but I wish I had the time and money  to do all the ideas I have floating in my head. Tardis and Dalek dresses, Assassin costumes for both me and Christopher, X-23, She-Hulk (Shut up!  5' nothing is a totally legit She-Hulk! :P), a whole vintage inspired wardrobe...

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

She went to school to learn to make things by hand in an age dominated by machines...

He went to school to learn a language he already knew...

Together, they are...

*touching their aluminum foil rings together*

...The Unemployables!

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Tamar

WriterRyan wrote:
She went to school to learn to make things by hand in an age dominated by machines...

He went to school to learn a language he already knew...

http://www.theyfightcrime.org/  !!!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Paul wrote:
You mean you wish you were better at sewing (because that's how the subjunctive mood works) :D

No, no, Paul.  She meant that she wishes that she was better at sewing . . . in ancient times.

Hence, she used the correct word.  S'cool.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

evandan457

I remember the little girl in the dalek dress, but that was topped by a boy who looked about 3 years old as the Tenth Doctor. I hope my kids are like that.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.