The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

New to the Sentinels Forum? Look Here! FAQ

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
New to the Sentinels Forum? Look Here! FAQ

So these forums are getting pretty big and popular, and with christmas and a kickstarter just having passed, I'm certain there will be an influx of new posters coming to look for information about their new favorite game. :)

So I figured this would be a good post to start - Links to some of the best things around Sentinels of the Multiverse, in one easy to find place! Seninel fans, feel free to suggest anything I forgot in here! 

Sleeving Cards - Want to Sleeve your cards? here are the best suggestions

Oversize Villian Sleeves? Thank you Rabit!

How many Cards? 1,779 including everything up through Vengeance, but not counting oversized cards.

Storing all the Cards! - When you start sleeving, and now with Shattered Timelines filling up the EE box, there are a lot of people looking for new ways to store their cards. check out here for lots of great solutions!

Looking for copies of Promo Cards? - This thread has downloads of high quality images of all the promo cards (the Shattered Timelines ones still need to be updated) - You can also find versions of them on Spiff's site (next link). Here's a link as of 20-Nov-2014 to a collection at copy.com

Spiff's Resources - (And the Forum Thread) - A collection of great print outs, trackers, card boxes, and custom work for SoTM, plus web based Randomizer for choosing games. Spiff has also collected all the Errata and Clarifications in a single file, AND the ...

Achievement Tracker - The SotM Story Challenges are here - that is little objectives to try and accomplish. So far only with the EE heroes and villains, but one day they should be updated for more!

The Sentinels Wiki - Our own fan grown wiki. Look in, Join up, and if you find some interesting information posted it up and lets find some great little easter eggs about the world of SotM. 

Sentinels Statistcs Tracking Thread - The thread for discussion about the statistics project. View the Current months Statistics here

Statistics Input Form - For inputing your games for inclusion into the above statistics project. If you want to see the Raw Data, send a PM to Lynkfox

Flamethrower49's Strategies - Flamethrower is slowly (but steadily!) working his way through all the heroes and villains and posting strategies. This is the collected volume of his works, plus a few others whom have made various strategy guides.

Realm of Discord  discord server. Very active and somewhat diverse fan run discord server for Sentinels, Spirit Island, and other related games.

Google+ Hangout - Want to find a game online? Google+ or Skype can create a great way to find playing partners when you got no one around. Check out the G+ hangout here to make events with others. - Also: The Skype Thread - This thread for more information on such meetups!

Vassal Mod - In that same idea as the Skype and Google+, here is the mod for Vassal that shows you cards. Vassal is a system for playing table top games online, allowing various mods to represent the game in a virtual environment. However, due to the nature of card games, there are only a limited number of heroes and villains to play with, per >G Request.

Playing Sentinels on Steam? - Check out this thread for other Sentinels on Steam!

Koga's Templates and Forge of the Multiverse Software - Want to make your own cards? Check out these templates and program to help in creating your own Hero decks and Villains!

Those Funky Badges - Forum Nominations Awards! - Some forum goers have some funky special titles under their avatars. Intersted in where those came about? Here is where you can find out.

Full Card Spoilers - Full Text Spoilers of all the Cards

----

Sentinels Fans - Feel free to suggest additional posts to go into this one. I know a lot of these are already stickied on their various forums, but when you first jump into here, there are a lot of forums and a LOT of posts, and it can get a bit overwhelming. Something nice and forward and easy for people to find will be handy

----  
  • Update 10/3/15 - Updated Statistics links
  • Update 1/16/15 - Added link to Steam nickname thread
  • Update 11/20/14 - Additional link for promo cards
  • Update 7/10/14 - Link to Full Card Spoilers; update number of cards
  • Update 7/06/14 - Link to the 2014 Forum Nominations
  • Update 3/26/13 - added link for Promo Cards on BGG
  • Update 3/23/13 - added link for alternate storage methods
  • Update 3/17/13 - Added link on purchasing oversized villain card sleeves.
  • Update 1/5/13 - added Koga's Templates, Forge of the Multiverse, Vassal Mode, and the Sleeve your Cards thread

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Lynkfox, I think this is a really nice idea. Perhaps we should sticky this thread and ask you to keep the first post up to date.

What about including a link to the Story Challenges?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And perhaps a mention of the Skype/G+ events.

Other possibilities: Sentinels Sidekick, Vassal module, and the template/programs for creating one's own cards.

Also, there's enough interest in the best way to sleeve cards, that it might be worth a pointer.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

arenson9 wrote:

And perhaps a mention of the Skype/G+ events.

I was just about to point out about the events in Google+, oh well at least I can provide a link to the Google+ community. It's in my signature!

jesterhawk
jesterhawk's picture

This is AWESOME!!  Thanks

JH

---------------------------------

P.R.Aquilone

http://patrickaquilone.com

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Stickied!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

thanks for the sticky!

I added the g+ hangout and the skype thread. If anyone knows where the Vassal mod thread, the card template maker thread, and the sleeve threads are, and can post links, ill add them up :)

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

lynkfox wrote:

thanks for the sticky! I added the g+ hangout and the skype thread. If anyone knows where the Vassal mod thread, the card template maker thread, and the sleeve threads are, and can post links, ill add them up :)

Sleeves

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/card-protection-and-storage-with-card-sleeves-they-dont-fit-in-cool-box-2882

Vassal

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/playing-online

Koga's Templates

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/custom-card-templates

Forge of the Multiverse card creation software

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/forge-of-the-multiverse-sotm-card-creation-software-2469

Arathorn

This is nice. Lots of great links.

One humble suggestion -- an alternate view of the output statistics (building on the fine work of collecting data already done) is available at http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/Sentinels1/Overview?:embed=y&:di...

Arathorn

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Where are the promo cards on Spiff's site?  The Board Game Geek site didn't have all the card backs.

[NOTE: This should probably be a new thread. Please answer here: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/promo-cards-on-spiffs-site-4094 --arenson9]

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

lynkfox wrote:

This thread has downloads of high quality images of all the promo cards

Unfortunately in a lot of cases - the Freedom Six, Eternal Haka, Dark Visionary, and the past versions of Legacy and Bunker, if I'm not forgetting any others - the image is only of the front of the card, leaving the Incapacitated side unknown.

Edit - Ninja'ed.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

One link to add here is the full card breakdown.

Another request: where's the updated card count for Vengeance? I know I've seen arenson9 compute it, but couldn't find it when I searched just now, and the sticky here points to an old version.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Using the spreadsheet form which the link derives, I get 91 hero cards + 105 villain cards + 30 Environment cards = 226 total.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Total: 1,779

EE - 578 (41x10 + 27x4 + 15x4 = 410 + 108 + 60)

RC - 222 (41x2 + 27x4 + 2, Operative + 15x2 = 82 + 108 + 2 + 30)

IR - 228 (41x2 + 27x4 + 8, Ennead + 15x2 = 82 + 108 + 8 + 30)

ST - 220 (41x2 + 27x4 + 15x2 = 82 + 108 + 30) 

Mini-expansions - 166 (41x2 + 27x2 + 15x2 = 82 + 54 + 30)

Promo Heroes - 18 (YL-1, RCW-1, Ra-1, Fanatic-1, DV-1, EH-1, F6-6, DWatch-4, GIL/B-2)

Promo Villains - 8 (Omni, BB, Spite, Gloom, 2 each)

Vengeance - 339 (41x5 + 4, Sentinels +20x5 + 15x2 = 205 + 4 +100 + 30)

Note: The Vengeance villains do not have standard sized cards, but rather come by default with oversized cards. There are also oversized cards available for all of the other villains, including the promo villains. The two most recent promo villains may not yet have oversized villain cards available, but I _think_ they will become available in future versions of the oversize villain pack.

There are thus a total of 27 oversized cards.
EE - 4 (Omnitron, Baron Blade, Voss, Dawn)
RC - 4 (Plague Rat, Spite, Matriarch, Chairman)
IR - 4 (Gloomweaver, Akash'Bhuta, Apostate, Ennead)
ST - 4 (Kismet, Dreamer, La Capitan, Iron Legacy)
Mini-expansions - 2 (Ambuscade, Miss Information)
Promos - 4 (Mad Bomber Blade, Cosmic Omnitron, Zombie Spite,
                Skinwalker Gloomweaver)
Vengeance - 5 (Baron Blade, Ermine, Proletariat, Friction, Fright Train)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

The two most recent promo villains may not yet have oversized villain cards available, but I _think_ they will become available in future versions of the oversize villain pack. 

>G has confirmed (when asked in person) that when they come out with the next oversized villain card pack, the Spite and Gloomweaver promos will be included.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

>G has also confirmed it when mentioned in this thread!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks, Paul!

(Gotta admit: When I first read that, I thought you meant it had been previously mentioned in this thread and I had missed it. )

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

This link could be useful to add: the Steam nickname thread.

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/steam-nickname-thread-6337

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Dawn_Mage
Dawn_Mage's picture

mabee add the discord server (realm of discord, and Handelabra(name of the 2 servers) (if you want perma links i can give if needid)
the Google + is not at all active annymore. yea there are members. but activity is real spotty.

The Game is on.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Looking through this, were there ever forum awards past 2014?

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't think so.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"