The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

New Bedford Reprint

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ensign53
Ensign53's picture
Playtester
New Bedford Reprint

So I had a question: New Bedford was one of my absolute favorite games. I'm looking at picking up a copy for my class for when they learn about whaling and the northeastern region. 

I know there had been some printing issues with the first batch, so much that even some fixed tiles had been sent out (and that even those had an isue or two). There was also some talk on BGG about there being a second printing in possible development to fix these issues. 

Just wondering: has that re-print ever been done, and if so, is there a way to tell "V 1.1" boxes from "V1.0"? I would love to use this game as a teaching tool, but worry about misprinted tiles and such.

GTGAlex
GTGAlex's picture
Admin

The second printing is what's out in the market and has been since last summer! The expansion, Rising Tide, is still the first printing and does have errors. We have errata tiles we can send out free of charge as well, though we're out of stock of them until this summer.

So basically, you should feel free to purchase it and if you somehow end up with the first printing, request the errata tiles and we'll get them to you as soon as they're back in stock.

Ensign53
Ensign53's picture
Playtester

Awesome, thank you so much, GTGAlex!

Just to confirm, is there anyrhing on the packaging (even a date in the small print) to denote the different printings? Just in case my FLGS has the older one.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Ensign53

The 2nd Printing has the GTG logo on the barrel on the front of the box, and the "Dice Hate Me Studio" logo on the back (along with the GTG logo).

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Warren

Any update on when the Errata Pack for the misprinted Rising Tide tiles (and the missing tile from the base game) will be received by GTG from the printers, and shipped to customers? I heard it was this summer, but of course that could mean late September...or 3 weeks from now.

Katie
Katie's picture
Admin

Hello Warren,

Unfortunately we are still waiting on these errata packs. If you email me at contact@greaterthangames.com with your shipping information, I can make sure we ship you a pack as soon as they are available. 

Katie