The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Multiple copies of the game on Steam?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Multiple copies of the game on Steam?

Anyone know how to run multiple copies of the game via Steam?

I've got multiple computers and it would occassionally be useful to use them both for a game simultaneously.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Do you only have one account the has access to Sentinels of the Multiverse: The Video Game? If so, then to play Single-player, you just merely have to have all the computers (one can be excluded) disconnected from the Internet. At least to my knowledge, there is not a way to play a game on Steam using multiple computers, so Multiplayer can not be used.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

If you don't want to hotseat then you could try using remote access to allow both terminals to control the one that is running the game? I'm assuming here that you want both computers to be running the same game. Otherwise I think you'll need two Steam accounts with a copy of the game each.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You can play on the same copy together by using in-home streaming. Start up the game on on computer, then on the other computer the button will change to say "Stream" instead of "Play".

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Be careful though.  My brother and I share a Steam account, and one time he accidentally took over my computer while trying to stream a game.

(By took over, I mean that we both could control it, and he could see what it was displaying.)

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks.

What I'm getting from this is that if I want to buy multiple copies of the game for Steam, I need to have multiple Steam accounts.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel